Pregnant after IF

1st Trimester Check In - Jan 23

How is everyone feeling?  What's new?  
History and blog link in spoiler
2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
May 2020 FET; BFN
July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

Re: 1st Trimester Check In - Jan 23

• @bpietronicco responding to you here. What a little fighter you have! So glad you have some hope ❤️ Sending you positive vibes for continued good news.

AFM just feeling slow and stupid but great otherwise! Still getting weekly u/s at my RE office so I’m bringing my mom this Thursday  ❤️
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck @adirat!
    TTC since May 2013
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Good luck friday @adirat
  • Yay!!!! @laurad75. Congratulations!!!  I totally feel ya there.  My bum is just like, "are we done yet?"  The left side doesn't look as bad but it feels horrible, and the right is just so bruised, I think DH did the left last night bc it didn't look as bad.  But it's just a game now of poking around till he finds a place that doesn't seem to angry to poke.  It works out nicely that it's over right about when it becomes too much to take.  :s
  • @BusinessWife Yes, we played that same game of poke around until I don't flinch but toward the end I was just 'I don't care, do it anywhere'.  We celebrated with Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.  :)
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Hi again guys,
    So question for you @BusinessWife and @Laurad75 ---when are you stopping progesterone? I am on suppositories and stopped yesterday which is 7 weeks 6 days. My progesterone was 28.7 which they said is 'holding and nice and high'.  Does this sound right to you guys?

I haven't really got a good feeling from my RE since got pregnant and they treat me just like a number. I tried to ask for more information from them on why I am stopping and how they know it will be okay. They said the placenta 'should' take over from now and my number was high when tested last week. So then I said well how do you know it will stay high? And I got the same BS which is it will be up to your OB from now on to monitor. She even said 'I mean yeah they would want to test for that, or whatever their protocol is'. 

On the other side, I voiced my concern with my OB about this yesterday and he said 'just go with whatever they say because they know better than me'.  So I have called twice now this morning and requested additional testing from my OB to confirm my Progesterone levels are correct following stopping. I also requested that my OB contact the other RE doctor directly and get his recommendation to monitor and understand why I am going off.  I had to pump myself up this morning to make these calls because I get VERY upset with my RE and lack of communication.  I think I've communicated and handled it well.  My OB is very nice and understands the need for piece of mind so he will probably do the tests I need and monitor. But jeeze Louise they sure aren't making it easy on me!

@BusinessWife yes 100% on between appointment anxiety. I have been diagnosed with anxiety and I've told my last two doctors per my therapists recommendations. I've found they take me much more seriously. 
  • edited January 2018
    @hottietoddy. My understanding is that almost no two protocols for progesterone are alike.  My clinic does PIO until 8 weeks, so I'm scheduled to take my last one at 8+0, at which point I switch to two weeks of suppositories for weeks 9 and 10.  I'm sorry your care team hasn't been able to explain it or come up with a plan that gives you peace of mind. :/

For example, when I told my nurse I was nervous about switching to suppositories, she told me we could keep up the same dose of PIO for those last two weeks instead, and it was really what makes us feel most comfortable.  I think we are happy to be done with the needles, but I appreciated that she didn't make me feel like I was crazy to ask.  So I will graduate from the RE Monday 1/29 (at 8+1), and have my first appointment at the Ob's office / with the midwife on 2/6, and I'm glad I don't have to wait too long for them to pass the baton, so to speak.  When is your next Ob visit?  Will she for sure test your progesterone to help ease everyone's mind that the levels are holding?  I personally don't see anything wrong with staying on the longer if it helps you sleep at night, but I know I also trust my clinic that they do this A LOT, and they wouldn't tell me to do something reckless, either, kwim?

*typos
  • Hi Everyone!  I’ve been feeling pretty decent so far this week.  Still not great but my food aversions are subsiding so I think that’s helping to keep food in my stomach and tone down the nausea.  I’m hoping that I may be on the tail end of this nonsense. 

I also had to spill the beans to my officemate and then my boss to avoid her accidentally finding out.  It was VERY awkward.  She said oh thank god.  I thought you had cancer.  I guess I haven’t been hiding my feeling like crud very well even with extra effort from the concealer. 

We will be telling immediate family (Parents, In-laws, Bro/Sis-inlaws and niece) at DW’s bday party this Saturday.  I’m nervous. 

@lablover78 I’m sure your mom will love being able to be there for your U/S glad things are going well for you!

@adirat!  Always nice to see a familiar name.  good luck at your first ultrasound.  I know it was super nerve wracking for me but oh oh such wonderful relief to see that little flutter!

@hottietoddy I also had blood between the baby and cervix they said not to worry that its always best went the blood is next to the exit rather than on top of the baby.  They said to expect some bleeding/spotting and not to panic but it never came (shrug), and when I had my 10wk ultrasound it wasn’t there anymore.  The human body is just too mysterious.  Also they had me on the progesterone until week 9 and actually I was “graduated” from my RE at 8 weeks so there weren’t any more progesterone levels checked after that.  I had an ultrasound at 10wks with my new ob so I probably could have asked but since I saw the ultrasound I felt comfortable all was well.

@businesswife I’m sure you will be happy to be rid of those shots!  I just was on suppositories this time 3x’s a day which by the end I was SO over! 

@laurad75 congrats your last shot!

Me:38 DW:33 
    TTC History in Spoiler ***Trigger Warning*** Losses/Child Mentioned 
    Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
     * July IUI#3 - CP  :'(
     * Sept IVF#1 - 4 Retrieved & Mature, 4 Blasts.  Fresh Transfer 1  - CP  :'(
     * November FET #1 - Transferred 1 Blast - CP  :'(
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
     * November IVF #3 12R, 8M, 6F, 4 blasts! - All 4 PGS normal!
     * November FET# 2 (Transfer a PGS normal from IVF#2) - BFP!!!
    2018 DD born 8/20/18
    2019 5PGS frosties ( 4 remaining)
      * September FET#3 (1PGS normal) - Beta#1: 139.7  Beta#2: 322.6

• Long time lurker, first post!

7+2 today, EDD 9/10/18

I've had two US so far, at 5 and 7 weeks. At the last US at 7 weeks we saw the heartbeat, measuring at 120 BPM, but my RE said size-wise its only measuring at 6+2. She said that it's common after FET to be behind in growth and doesn't seem concerned, but of course I can't help but be worried. Any one else experience this? I'm trying not to stress, but after so many years of failure I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Next US scheduled for 1/31 which will be 8+2
    Me: 31 DH: 34
    Together Since 5/07, Married 5/13
    TTC Since 8/15
    3 Cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI-11/16, 12/16, 1/17-All Failed
    Switched RE's 1/17
    4 IUIs-2/17 through 6/17-All Failed
    ER-8/30/17-25 Eggs Retrieved=7 PGS Normal Embyros
    FET#1 of 1 Embryo-10/3/17-Chemical
    FET#2 of 2 Embryos-11/16/17-Failed
    FET#3 of 1 Embryo-12/22/17-BFP!
    Carter Wright arrived 9/5/18
  • @hottietoddy My progesterone level was checked when I went in for my 2nd beta but that was it.   They kept me on PIO injections until 10 weeks and then I just stopped.  I thought they would have brought me in to make sure my levels were okay to stop but they didn’t need to see me.  It’s definitely been an adjustment to not receive the same care and attention that I was before I was pregnant.  I never even heard from my RE.  I thought maybe he would call to say congratulations but nothing. 

Welcome @sarzee2 and congratulations! 

May 2020 FET; BFN
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Thanks guys, I really appreciate your input and experiences.  It sounds like this is common for the RE to just drop off once you are pregnant.  Sounds like progesterone varies from 8-10 weeks. @Businesswife the response you got from your nurse sounds like what I would expect to be a more reasonable response.  My OB nurse and I are playing phone tag so I'll let you know what OB  says.  I'm of the mindset of why wouldn't a couple more weeks hurt?  But my Ob is very conservative with any medicine that's not necessary.  Well then I say give me a test then and show me I'm ok in a few days or week!  I think my OB will figure it out, I'm just so fed up with RE.  

FYI----  My humble advice to anyone out there still with RE.  Get your OB involved as soon as you have betas and are pregnant for early Sonos and care. I wasn't even properly informed of what to do in early pregnancy by RE. They just said 'call your OB' and needed to be MUCH more clear that I really need to rely more on them for care.  OB kept telling me to do whatever RE says and we'll just see you when they release you. Meanwhile RE was clearly doing minimal and expecting OB to pick up slack until formally releasing me. It is BS if you ask me and they need a better protocol or at least clear handoff.   If your RE does a good job then great, but if not you have your OB to rely on! 

Sorry to vent I just think this is sort of a common problem it sounds like.  I also hate when doctors make me the point of info relay. I'm like don't you guys know each other and can't you talk? Why are you relying on the lady who has never been pregnant before and has pregnancy brain! 

Thanks for listening and your info!! Greatly appreciated.
  • @2MomsHoping thank you for sharing about your clot, I hope mine will be gone by 10 weeks too....would be great 
  • @hottietoddy With my last pregnancy, I was on crinone suppositories. At 8 weeks, I went from daily to every other day, then stopped at 9 weeks. It made me nervous to stop cold turkey so I appreciated the move to every other day. 

@2momshoping Good to see you! I'm glad your food aversions seem to be subsiding...mine are awful.

@sarzee2 It's my understanding that frozen transfers can take a few days to "wake up" after being frozen sometimes. I hope your babe is just a little lazy ;) 

AFM - doing OK. Had a lot of spotting today that really freaked me out but just trying to keep it together until Friday...

•  Hi all, 
    Sorry for writing too much.... appreciate you all.

Welcome @sarzee2 congratulations on the heartbeat.  There are a few women here I've heard have measurements a bit behind and still seem to be ok. I don't know too much about it though, but sounds like your Dr. has seen that before and is optimistic. 

@2MomsHoping how far along are you when telling in-laws?  I'm super nervous too and decided to maybe wait even until know sex to tell them. Last time I was pregnant they went on and on joking inappropriately about wanting a boy.  It was rediculous and rude so I am sticking to a very few close friends and my mom and brother only until after first trimester completely over. Interested to know your plan. 
  • Thank you @adirat, I am going to every other day until they get a plan together. I have to admit I am VERY nervous. OB is calling RE tomorrow to try and get more info out of them.

• @sarcasticowl congratulations on 9 weeks!  I know the anxiety is soooo bad. But most likely it will be a good ultrasound tomorrow....(that's what I tell myself anyway).  I tossed and turned so much yesterday I was exhausted this morning as well. But you are right, I'll take it in exchange for being pregnant. 

So, good news! My OB went to bat for me and talked to my RE.  They told her the number they look for is 15 on Progesterone and they have ladies stopping at 8 weeks with success even that low.   So I am 28.7 so they said I can ween off but will need to just do suppository every 4th day. Then they will check me again next week. She even got the RE to admit that they should have been giving me 'more support'.  I feel vidicated, happy with the plan and happy with my OB. 

Also- we finally have insurance!  My husband's work has been switching and Aetna screwed everyone over and delayed set up for a month!  I can't believe it is legal. Anyway they fired them and switched to Cigna and we got ID numbers today within 2 days!  It's a miracle and I'm so happy now I can go to doctor visits and relax. They wanted us to pay out of pocket and file claim!  Can you imagine if I had to do that with genetic testing?

Now if I can just poop today- all my problems will be solved!
  • @sarzee2 Welcome!  We have been measuring on target for the date so far but before we even did the ultrasound my RE was stressing that those measurements are estimates and not to get concerned if the baby measured smaller.  Sounds like you have a good heartbeat and baby is growing from 5-7wks so I would celebrate those huge milestones.  I can total relate about waiting for something to go wrong.  Through IF we have all been so conditioned to have heartbreak that it’s hard to know anything but worry but its sounds like things are going well try to enjoy and push that worry aside when you can. 

Random Rant:  I’m not a fan of RE’s that are not invested in their patients.  It’s really hard to find a good one (especially when you are knee’s deep in treatment).  But I’m telling you it is possible. I switched RE’s and did mini consults with probably 5-6 different ones in my area before switching.  It’s not easy but my RE is insanely amazing.  She keeping on constant contact through treatments.  And I have never received disappointing new or change or plans type of info from anyone but from her directly (even on weekends).  Since being discharged she sent me an email to make sure my first OB appointment went well and made sure I knew her door was always open.  If you’re not happy with your RE and you plan on going back for sibs one day I highly suggesting taking the time to find one you love it makes like and this stressful process insanely better.  They are hard to find by they do exist. 

@hottietoddy I’ll be 11+5 when we tell the in-laws.  I wanted to wait until the second trimester but this is one of those marriage compromise things.  I’m very private DW is a super share-er and would have facebooked it when we got the first beta if I would have let her.  So letting her tell is my birthday gift to her at her family party this weekend.  I’m very firm on not knowing the sex (we had PGS so I already had to battle that one with DW who wanted to know).  I really don’t think we will have a problem with the family wanting a preference.  I’m an only and my parents want any kind of grandchild they can get.  I’m pretty sure they have given up hope.  We told them about the IVF about a year ago and then told them it didn’t work out so I think they just assumed we totally gave up.  DW’s parents have one granddaughter but I don’t think gender will be an issue for them.  We are a little worried since there isn’t a biological tie they may be slower to warm up to the baby but I’m hoping that will not be the case.  Time will tell.

@sarcasticowl you are in good company with the anxiety.  I think all pregnant women get it to a point by IF just has such a leadup and often trauma associated with it that I think we are unfortunate to know that things that should go easily and naturally don’t always work out.  I know for me I have some trust issues with my body that play into the whole anxiety thing.  For the most part though it really is all in our heads.  Also for the boob thing getting some super light sports bras or maybe they are called comfort bras to sleep in makes life so much better.  I got some at target like a 2 pack for $20 bucks or something.  Total game changer.

Dx: My wife has no sperm  :D and apparently my embryos aren't as good as they look

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2017 Switched REs - Recurrent loss testing for me - all normal, remaining 2 frosties sent for PGS - both abnormal
     * April/May IVF#2:  9 retrieved, 8 mature, 7 fertilized, 7 blasts!  Sent for testing - 2PGS Normals (0 remaining)
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• Thanks for the reassurances @2MomsHoping @hottietoddy and @adirat ! Keeping my fingers crossed that things level out, and excited to follow everyone's journeys!
    Me: 31 DH: 34
    Together Since 5/07, Married 5/13
    TTC Since 8/15
    3 Cycles Clomid/Ovidrel/TI-11/16, 12/16, 1/17-All Failed
    Switched RE's 1/17
    4 IUIs-2/17 through 6/17-All Failed
    ER-8/30/17-25 Eggs Retrieved=7 PGS Normal Embyros
    FET#1 of 1 Embryo-10/3/17-Chemical
    FET#2 of 2 Embryos-11/16/17-Failed
    FET#3 of 1 Embryo-12/22/17-BFP!
    Carter Wright arrived 9/5/18
  • @2MomsHoping and @hopefulmom thanks so much.  It is a very good point and good to know there are better clinics!  @2MomsHoping that sounds like such a better clinic than mine! You are right if I do this again for a sibling (And I will have to if we decide to have one) I'll shop around more and do some interviews first.  @2MomsHoping good luck this weekend that is sweet of you to compromise for your wife! 
  • lablover78lablover78 member
    edited January 2018
    Hi ladies, had another ultrasound today and wow what growth from last week! I measuring a day behind. Hope you don’t mind the share- still shocked there’s a real baby in there! The only concerning thing was she mentioned I had some “laking”- that’s a phonetic spelling because I can’t figure out the right spelling for the term as I googled it. It has something to do with the blood vessels. She says no exercise, lots of rest and “they won’t put me on bed rest unless it worsens.” I’m sorry what now? Ain’t no one got time for bed rest at this stage. It was the sonographer I don’t trust and seems to know nothing so I didn’t even bother to ask additional questions. Anyone know about this? 

Argh- typos from the phone!
    TTC since May 2013
  • Looks good @lablover78! Like a real baby 
  • @lablover Do you think they maybe mean it is like a blood clot or SHM as some call it? Some women don't see any bleeding from it but it's just a little bleeding outside of sac and baby in uterus.  They say it will resolve itself. 

Also I was just wondering today if anyone on here will share their Sonos. I'm glad you did!
  • @hottietoddy that does seem right- she asked if I had any spotting which I haven’t. Thanks, I will google!! 
    TTC since May 2013
  • Okay -lucky guess. So that is what I have and it is between baby and cervix so some drips out. I also have big and small clots pass.  @2MomsHoping said she had same but never had any spotting.  I was the same and wanted to keep exercising and everything but I have seen a big difference when taking easy.  I think she means you should be on 'pelvic rest' basically don't do anything you don't have to, small slow walks are ok but no exercise.  Also - key point they maybe don't tell you, no sex or orgasms.  And don't freak if you see a little spotting it is just coming out and not hurting anything. 
  • Congrats @adirat!! @lablover78 I meant SCH like what she said :-*
  • @lablover78 that is quite the little cutie you have there I can see its little arms and legs!  Thank you for sharing your pic.  We only have a printed one but I bet I can take a picture with my phone and share it with you guys!  I have no idea what laking can be.  I would call the clinic to get clarification.  It’s so hard to in the moment get more information and with the fear of bed rest I would want to know what’s going on!  Hoping its nothing.  They told me I had blood on my ultrasound but didn’t give me any restrictions, and I never ended up bleeding.  No idea where it went because it didn’t come out.  So hopefully it’s just something like that. 

@adirat yayaya for a heartbeat.  One day at a time my friend and just enjoy this happy day today (hugs)

* April IUI#1 - BFN
     * June IUI#2 - BFN
    2018 DD born 8/20/18

• Aw thanks ladies!! I think you ladies are right about the SCH because she did stress NO exercise and have been telling me know sex/orgasm the whole time. @2MomsHoping❤️ Yes arms & legs unbelievable- yes please share your pic
    TTC since May 2013
  • Congratulations on hearing the HB!!! @adirat. That is an amazing milestone!  And this is a completely different pregnancy... (((hugs)))
  • Congratulations @adirat & I second what @BusinessWife said. Yay @sarcasticowl ❤️ Definitely looks like a baby now.
    TTC since May 2013
  • @sarcasticowl. Wow!  That is just incredible!  So exciting!!!!
  • @sarcasticowl Aww I love it! It really is amazing to see the development. So happy for you!

(FYI -- your name kind of appears at the top left of the pic, just so you know)

• @adirat I did see that. It’s okay that you know my first name I guess :)