April 2018 Moms

January Symptoms

2»

Re: January Symptoms

• Loading the player...
  • @icalynn I'm totally  with you on the indigestion/heartburn front.  Doesn't matter when,  how, or what I eat I still get it every night! Last night was so bad I cried and had to get up and walk around!
  • @ftm_ohio This is why I always try to make sure whatever I eat I really want and enjoy. If I am going to feel sick later I at least want to enjoy the cause.
  • In addition to tailbone pain and insomnia, I'm getting pretty forgetful lately. I was just steaming some broccoli for about 15 minutes and finally noticed no steam was coming up when I lifted the lid (I did this multiple times before I noticed anything weird about this). I forgot to put water in the bottom. :D 
  • mrs_massiemrs_massie member
    edited January 2018
    I posted about this in my ticker change, but with my first I developed Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD) after pregnancy as a result of my labor. It took me months of rest and eventually physical therapy to correct. In the last week the symptoms have reappeared and it's bumming me out. If you have pelvic pain (or for me it also manifests as pain / tightness in my inner thighs) when you roll over in bed, get out of the car, stand on one leg (like putting on pants), you might have it too. It gets worse when I'm really active, which sucks since I finally feel like I'm getting into a groove with walking and working out. Le sigh. Hopefully after this birth I can get it fixed for real.
    I have been having so much pelvic pain lately and my dr. confirmed its SPD. It has been bothering me for the last 8 weeks and knowing I have 12 more weeks of it, probably getting worse, really bums me out. I work in the city and getting to and from public transportation and to my office is getting really old. @mountainsmama if you were working last pregnancy, did you have to go out on maternity leave early? I'm really considering it.

Also, is there anything you find that gives you relief. I literally had an ice pack between my legs the other day and the Dr. told me to tightly tie a sheet around my hips to bring the bones back together, but I cant really do that and go to work.
  • @okayrunner @MrsMassimilla Sorry to hear you guys are in the SPD camp too!  @MrsMassimilla I had some pelvic pain before giving birth last time, but it was pretty mild, so I didn't have to go on leave early. I know it can be super debilitating though. My pelvic separation happened during my labor because I was basically holding in my baby for 40 mins in the car ride to the hospital when my body was trying to push her out. That pressure strained my syphysis. My docs gave me a clean bill of health at my 6 week check up, but I was like, then why does it still hurt when I roll over in bed or sneeze? Hah. It took me a long time to figure out what happened and what to do about it.

The upside is that most SPD resolves with birth. Or for me, pelvic floor physical therapy was really helpful. You could try to see at PT now and get checked out. They noticed my hips were totally out of alignment and it was causing all kinds of down-the-chain issues (knee pain when running, etc). They helped sort out my hip/pelvis alignment and regain strength in my lower abdominal muscles. I will warn you that my first few appointments did involve some internal work, which is super awkward. Like we'd be chit chatting about travel while my PT was performing a weird intimate massage inside my body.... fun times. 
  • My stomach is hurting soooooo bad by the end of the night, feels like no matter what I do, I cant moisturize my skin enough and its just stretching to its max and is so painful! 
  • Insomina, anxiety about delivery, pelvic pain especially after sitting for long periods of time, and my breathing gets hard sometimes when I am sitting down and resting. Welcome to the 3rd trimester.
  • @bchalm YES I am also a baker! Poor DH came downstairs the other day and said he needs to size up his jeans. 

My two cents on the weight gain - be kind to yourself when you're trying to lose it. It took me a year to fit into my jeans again with DS.
  • Omg I love baking but no one in my house will eat it so I’ve avoided doing it because I end up tossing out too much. Someone move close by so I can eat all your baked goods!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ftm_ohioftm_ohio member
    edited January 2018
    @bchalm I have a great naan recipe if you're interested! DH makes it while I make shakshuka to dip!

Edit because I can't Swype text to save my life!
  • @bchalm yes! Exactly!! 
  • @bchalm I discovered the Great British Bake Off when on maternity leave with my first! I've watched every season now. Love that show, even though I can't bake worth a damn and I want to eat a donut or pastry after every episode.
  • @ftm_ohio I would love yalls naan recipe!

@mountainsmama It's seriously the best. Even with all the craziness, I think "eh I got this." Which has led to many baking disasters. 

• @bchalm my favorite part about it is how BRITISH everyone is. On American reality shows, there is always backstabbing and drama. Here the contestants all come together to hug and cry a little when someone gets eliminated. It's so ... polite. I just love it.
  • I love baking shows but I've never seen that one! I'll have to check it out
  • so dizzy and short of breath this past week.  not sure what is going on.  left the house for work this morning and made it about two blocks before i had to sit down at a local cafe.  sat there for like an hour before giving up and heading home.  guess today is a work from home day!

• @bchalm this is from The New Cast Iron Cookbook by Ellen Brown and it's awesome!

• @ftm_ohio I'm so excited! Thank you so much!!!
  • @bchalm you're so welcome,  let me know if you like it! 
  • I've been impossibly forgetful lately. I'm having so much trouble remembering words and it's honestly getting embarrassing at work. I sound like a blithering idiot half the time.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker