September 2018 Moms
Options

Symptoms w/o 1/21

Re: Symptoms w/o 1/21

• Options
    This will be my third but I have colostrum leaking since 4 weeks?! It's not very much but it was the reason I took an early test. I did not have any until after baby was born with my other two. Any STM moms experience this so early? I haven't breastfed in over a year. I didn't know it was possible so early on. 
  • Options
    @lablover78 Extra water, fresh fruits, and dried apricots. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I do have a smoothie with greens every day but I could up my vegetable game for sure I already take fiber smart so I don’t know that Metamucil would do anything more
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Options
    @lablover78 I probably wouldn't use both fiber supplements. You can ask one of your doctor's about it, but from taking a quick look, the fiber smart supplement probably has more insoluble fiber, whereas Metamucil is primarily soluble fiber. I would think Metamucil might help more with constipation along with increasing water, fruit, and vegetable intake, but certainly ask your doctor if you're not sure. Sorry for the technical info, I'm a nutrition geek and provide this kind of info for a living!
  • Options
    @lablover78 canned pumpkin also works really well for constipation (for both dogs and humans!).
  • Options
    @lablover78 I am right there with you!!! This was an issue for me before and the few days before I took the test, I was wondering why it was WORSE THAN EVER!! Now I know.  IDK what to do!!
  • Options
    I had to drop my iron to every other day because I couldn't take the constipation.. Coffee has also been helping me..
  • Options
    I am new to this board as I am due at the very end of Sept and just found out Sat. I am curr. 5 weeks and 1 day. My bloat and constipation were really bad last week.  The past few days I have been getting dizzy and feeling "out of it." Not quite nausea but like, in a daze, dizzy, and off. I am soooo tired due to lack of caffeine (I am use to excessive amounts! I have cut down to one cup of weak tea and today I had nothing). I am always hungry and I am so moody and emotional. How is there so many symptoms at 5 weeks? I always thought symptoms revved up later? Any STM have any insights?

<3
  • Options
    ktsmomx3 said:
    This will be my third but I have colostrum leaking since 4 weeks?! It's not very much but it was the reason I took an early test. I did not have any until after baby was born with my other two. Any STM moms experience this so early? I haven't breastfed in over a year. I didn't know it was possible so early on. 
    I’m expecting my third and noticed I’ve got some colostrum going on, too. I didn’t have this when expecting my first two. 
    Daisypath - RkZ5
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    @jenlp44 Dizziness has been my main early symptom (along with fatigue) with all 3 of my pregnancies. No ms just like you said dizzy and feel kind of "out of it". For me it has always gotten better after the first trimester! Hang in there! My energy has always returned as well in the second tri! 
  • Options
    Thank you, @ktsmomx3!! That makes me feel so much better! Here's hoping to some more energy in the somewhat near future!! haha
  • Options
    @lablover78 when I'm feeling constipated I grab nieces step stool and put my feet on it while sitting on the toilet. It really does help. Many of the mom's in my last BMB swear (still to this day) by the squaty potty. Using a stool is basically the same idea.
  • Options
    Those who are noticing colostrum now, did you ever stop producing? I've been able to squeeze some out since I stopped BFing (over a year ago). TMI but sometimes I'd notice it dried on my nips and check  :o
  • Options
    @prpl11butterfly I think I stopped producing or at least I haven't noticed it! I just thought it was super early to be so noticeable already but it's possible it never really went away fully. 
  • Options
    @faithandababy Those headaches are the worst. I somehow forgot to make coffee this morning. I started in with a headache after lunch and just attributed it to lack of sleep last night. When DH decided to make coffee around 3:00, it suddenly dawned on me why I was having a headache - no caffeine!!! @lablover78 I don't know what I'm going to to either! I'm just so plugged up, it's ridiculous. I think I read something about how yoga can help with constipation - willing to try anything at this point. @lilsebastian I feel you on the gas - yesterday was the worst yet. I think I'm going to have to stay away from beans and broccoli - two of my favorites, unfortunately.
  • Options
    faithandababyfaithandababy member
    edited January 2018
    @katethemom Up until yesterday I was doing fine with my little coffee and mostly milk until I decided I was just going to have a glass of milk. I love milk. Took one sip and gagged, it tasted rotten and spoiled.. checked the date and is still supposed to be good for another week! Everyone in the house says it's good and that my taste buds are changing. Just seems crazy. So now I just have a small cup of tea for my caffeine. Lol other than that, still no nausea.
  • Options
    @knitknitread I'm so hoping for a girl this time around. But I literally can't eat anything without going to the bathroom right after. Just hoping it's normal. But I think this is better than constipation cause that pain is no joke. 
  • Options
    Super super thirsty ... anyone else? Haven't had GD in past. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I’m a total narcoleptic—if I sit, I sleep. And i really thought i was making it out of the woods without the crazy boobs this time since they started at 4 weeks with DS, but week 8 arrived and they’re sore and growing! I didn’t miss this part...!
  • Options
    I’m plus size already. So bloated I look 6 months pregnant. This is my third. I can’t even really hide it from my clients. I’m drinking water like crazy, nibbling on crackers, and none of my clothes fit right anymore. Most of my longtime people have commented lol 

@prpl11butterfly yes even though I stopped producing I could still squeeze some out sometimes. I’ve noticed this past week at 6 weeks, I have some dried in my bra. I can’t wait to nurse another baby, you know once we get passed the first weeks of hell fire nipples. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @HairBossMama I'm wicked excited too. Honestly, that was one of my first thoughts when I saw those beautiful pink lines. But yea, hell fire nips... maybe it wont be so bad the second time around....
  • Options
    Finally called and spoke with a nurse at my OB's office to get the okay to start unisom+b6, here's to hoping for some relief! I'm starting this pregnancy overweight and 10 lbs heavier than my first, and so far the only thing that has helped me not throw up is basically constantly eating, so I'm hoping this will help a bit so I don't gain 10 lbs in this first trimester.
  • Options
    @lablover78 I have started taking ground flax to help with constipation. I mix it in yogurt with some honey. Don't mix it in water! :smile: I'm also trying to up my water, fruits and veg like other have said. For breakfast, I've been eating steel cut oats which provides a lot of fiber as well. 
  • Options
    baby3ob said:
    Super super thirsty ... anyone else? Haven't had GD in past. 
    ::grabs water and chugs:: Yes, super thirsty all the time. And I did not have GD with my last pregnancy but I do remember being very thirsty all the time. 
  • Options
    @jaylii I had not thought of adding flax for the constipation. I have a bag of ground flax I need to use up anyway. Good idea! I'm also thinking about making a batch of no-bake chocolate peanut butter oat cookies to snack on. Seems like they've always helped to get things moving along in the past even if I wasn't plugged up, lol. 
  • Options
    @faithandababy I've always thought milk starts to taste a bit off when it gets close to it's expiration date. Maybe you're just more sensitive to the changes in taste because of the pregnancy. 
  • Options
    I know a lot of us are experiencing round ligament pain already. However, I can't decide if that's what I'm feeling. I keep randomly getting sharp pulling/stabbing pains on my left side, it doesn't last more than a second. However, they've happened when I'm not making sudden movements. Even while just sitting at my desk. Could this still be RLP? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Me: 26 DH:28

Married:10/25/14

TTC#1: August 2016

• Options
    @cbobell2009 Yes! I was playing hide & seek with DD the other day. I was squatted down and I stood up too fast. Sharp pain in my right side. It lasted a second but hurt like hell! I also get it when I’m stretching in bed. 
  • Options
    @meg+on+the+DLI should probably stop worrying and just chalk it up to RLP!

Me: 26 DH:28

Married:10/25/14

TTC#1: August 2016

• Options
    Another one for ground flax seed for constipaion! My daycare provider got me into using it for my girls when they need it and it works like a charm. You can mix it in pretty much anything - yogurt, applesauce, banana muffins or energy bites and it doesn’t taste horrible! 
  • Options
    The nausea has hit, and seems to be staying longer each day. I have to snack on crackers/carbs to keep something on my stomach or I feel ill. I’ve been having some cravings and food aversions already, similar to my first pregnancy. Still exhausted most of the day, except at night.  :|  I’m about 7w2d along I think. 
  • Options
    @labbylover03 I take 250 mg of magnesium and a probiotic before bed and when I wake up I drink lemon water (also helps nausea) 30 min before anything els (1/2 lemon)

it has shifted me from major constipation to near daily regularity
  • Options
    Anyone else's breasts not as tender? Mine have started feeling less sore and sensitive the last 2-3 days. I'm 7w6d today. I'm PGAL so freaking out a bit. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    @starla mine comes and goes depending on day/week. It did so when I was pregnant with DS, too and he is 2 now. 
  • Options
    Thanks @spottedginger. I've had some shooting pains in my left breast since yesterday. I assume that's normal. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    spottedgingerspottedginger member
    edited January 2018
    @starla, yes! Sorry though. The surprise zingers can take your breath away.  I hope they ease soon 
  • Options
    The nausea comes and goes depending on the day. My boobs are growing and sore and my nips are bigger. I pee 749 times a day and holy bloat and gas. My first real craving is cereal, all of it. I’m thirsty all the time and I hit a wall at 8pm where I feel like I could fall asleep at any given moment. Oh, and discharge. Super glamorous. 
  • Options
    Well I caught the stomach flu yesterday and was trying to figure out if it was just morning sickness kicking in but today my 4yo has it. Ugggghhh. Anyone else battling this nasty flu?
  • Options
    I’m going to get abs of steel from all the gut wrenching dry heaving/vomming I’ve been doing. 
  • Options
    @starla Mine are usually more sore in the morning, but it is on and off. And another weird thing, my right boob is usually the one hurting? One side, so weird.  I've also noticed that my nipples are more sensitive, not necessarily the entire boob.