September 2018 Moms
Options

How are your pets responding?

My DH's dog has lost his mind. He wasn't that into me prior to conception, but now he is glued to me. 

We've had Trevor for almost a year and a half. He is great with people and the sweetest creature on Earth. DH is clearly his person. They are inseparable... except now that I'm ku, that has totally changed. The dog follows me around the house. He waits outside the door to the bathroom. He is never more the 3 feet from me at all times. 

I know animals can sense this stuff, but I've never had a pet be so intense during a pregnancy. 

Anybody else have pets drastically change behavior? 

“My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Aunt Frances” 

Re: How are your pets responding?

• Options
    We have 20 pups, my little yap yap dog she has been through this before she doesnt seem to care much, as she is the diva of the house, my big dog, he is a newer addition to our family and he seems to be preoccupied with constantly wanting me to play! Its like he knows the attention is about to shift again ! Lol! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine hasn't seemed to notice yet, last time around she didn't start acting differently until I started showing.  She's not too bright. :)
    Last time she seemed very annoyed with me the whole time.  I imagine this time around she'll be even less impressed now that she knows what's coming.
  • Options
    We have a cat and for the last week she was acting really odd. I found out I was pregnant at the end of last week and it hit me that that was why she was off. She sleeps on me more and just is a bit off when I'm pregnant so it seems she knew before me. Or at least knew that I was not quite my normal self. 

Married: June 25, 2011 
    Our beautiful girl came into our lives October 15, 2012 
    TFAS: March 2014 
    BFP #2 July 2014 Miscarriage (6 weeks) August 2014 
    BFP #3 September 2014 Chemical Pregnancy September 2014 
    Seeing the RE: February 2015 
    Diagnosis PCOS: February 2015

BFP #4 April 2015 Chemical Pregnancy April 2015
    BFP #5 June 2015 EDD: 3/5/16
    Our rainbow baby came into our lives February 27, 2016
    BFP #6 January 2018 Miscarriage (7 weeks) February 2018
    BFP #7 April 2018 EDD: 12/23/18

• Options
    @episcowitch my dog is the same... she's so attached to DH and in the middle of December she started acting different. She started wanting to be in my lap all of the time. At the time, I didn't know we were expecting. It was confirmed January 2nd that I was 5 weeks along. When I was told that, her actions made more sense. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My dogs are the same for now. Last time one of them went through a phase later in my pregnancy where he would wake us up between 2am-4am whining nonstop to be let out. It was such an odd behavior that went away after I gave birth. 
  • Options
    <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/Racso12">Racso12</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">My dogs are the same for now. Last time one of them went through a phase later in my pregnancy where he would wake us up between 2am-4am whining nonstop to be let out. It was such an odd behavior that went away after I gave birth. </div>
    </blockquote>
    Oh wow.  That sounds incredibly annoying... Lol Glad that behaviour didn't last!  :D

@chelletn mine are right there with yours, embracing bonus naptime. ;)
  • Options
    My cat has been super lovey at night. Comes to bed shortly after me and lays on side/belly. Pretty sure she knew before I even could have suspected. She was like this with DS too. Always snuggling up to my bump and purring  <3 

I think the dog is suspicious, he's been a touch more protective. He was crazy guard dog with DS so I'm sure it's around the corner again.
  • Options
    Last time my cat became such a suck, but only much later in the pregnancy. She started doing it again in the last couple days. Maybe cause she knows what's up this time? She really loves my daughter, so maybe she's excited for another one. Whatever it is, I sure do love extra kitty cuddles. 

Image result for green dog

Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP #1: 9/12/2015
    DD: 6/1/2016
    BFP #2: 1/16/2018 MC 2/2/2018
  • Options
    My Shih Tzu becomes my baby incubator. He has to be laying on my belly. My other little dog doesn’t even car. The dog we got last year has been my sidekick. She has to go everywhere with me , the bathroom, my room, to switch the laundry. Our cats don’t really care as long as I feed them and pet them. 
  • Options
    @spottedginger one of our 3 dogs is a GSP, too!!! Our GSP usually sleeps on the couch then sneaks onto the bed by my feet at night but has been sneaking in to sleep with his head or nose on my belly lately. The other two don't do much of anything differently.