June 2018 Moms
Options

FFFC 1/19

Bring on the confessions, ladies!

Image result for this is fine gif

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: FFFC 1/19

• Options
    I was lurking another board that was talking about Girl Scout cookies. Now I can’t stop thinking about them but I literally don’t know anyone through even like 3 or 4 degrees of separation who knows a Girl Scout. Siiiiigh. 
  • Options
    What kind do you want @doxiemoxie212 ?  There are some knock off kinds sold at some stores!  I saw some at Walgreens while waiting for a prescription the other day and it took almost everything in me to not pick up a package of the simoa knockoffs!!
    BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 Ask YH if there are any order forms floating around his office. I've never worked in a firm where there weren't a few to buy from. If that fails, you can find local selling spots here: https://www.girlscouts.org/en/cookies/all-about-cookies/How-to-Buy.html. We have a troop that sells outside a church near our apartment. So dangerous.

And barring all that, my best friend's little cousin is selling, so I can hook you up, if you tell me what you want. This option does, however, involve a bit of stranger danger.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    FFFC: I watch an embarrassing amount of YouTube. Work is boring and it helps pass the time. 
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 good idea, I’ll check with him. Though I worry everyone has kids either under 5 or over 18. 

@PatientlyWaiting10 tagalongs or samoas were always my fav. But I haven’t had one since I was a Girl Scout and that was...6th grade? 
  • Options
    @kfren so much YouTube. I get sucked down rabbit holes. Deep dive on weird illnesses on BBC? Sure why not. Twenty videos on tiny houses? Yep what else do I have to do. And don’t even get me started on random birth story videos. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212... this is dangerous knowledge... but they do sell something I believe called Coconut Dreams at groceries stores. I think it’s Keebler brand. And freakishly similar to samoas. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Idk what they did to the recipe of the new Girl Scout cookies but they taste weird to me now. Maybe the other ones taste the same as I could only eat Thin Mints and that shortbread one growing up. 

I dont like YouTube. I only ever use it if I’m trying to fix something and can’t figure it out on my own. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am pumped for Girl Scout Cookies. One of the managers at work has her nieces come in and sell them. I always buy a few boxes for home and a few for work because I know if I take them all home MH will eat them all. 

I also watch a lot of youtube. I will watch quietly on my phone while MH watches football or something. He always asks me what I'm watching and I am always embarrassed to show him. Usually it's someone's vlog and MH thinks it's weird that I watch videos of people just living their lives. 

AFM...being pregnant and having a baby inside of you still seems really weird to me. Like it is literally a parasite. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @krashke if you're nursing when baby arrives?  Yep...still a parasite.  

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

• Options
    @krashke @PatientlyWaiting10 yes. Also the idea that my bodily fluid will be food for someone is something I don’t care to think about TOO much. 
  • Options
    +1 to pregnancy and nursing being weirddddd haha my phrase as most ultrasounds “oh god, that’s so weird.”  

Youtube was never something I could get into. Now makeup videos on insta - total rabbit hole. 

UO(?) - I don’t like Girl Scout cookies 

AFM: my fever broke yesterday morning so I went to work today even though everyone said not too. Two reasons why: I didn’t feel like making sub plans, and I didn’t want to “waste” another sick day when I may need it at the end of the year. *shrugs*
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You ladies are so dangerous for my eating habits.  Because of you guys, these last couple weeks I have ordered pho, ate some half baked ice cream, made some pierogies today for lunch and now I want some girl scout cookies  :#  fffc: I have no self-control!
  • Options
    I'm going through my Amazon Registry right now and just clicking the first thing on the checklist to get the free item for completing the checklist.   This is #3.  No one will see this except me so I'm not too worried about it.

All are welcome!

• Options
    @PatientlyWaiting10 - I started doing that yesterday! :lol:

+whatever to pregnancy being weird.
    I don't think of it in the "parasite" sense, but more in the... I have a living being inside of me right now. It's growing and moving and kicking and peeing... how friggin' weird is that?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    @PatientlyWaiting10 I did that too lol. 
  • Options
    Does anyone else get the girl scouts that put a table out front of a grocery store and sell boxes then? That's what i hold out on. I don't have anyone close to me that sells, so i don't order. Just wait and I hunt down the tables once cookies come in. It's bad cause i want a box every time I go in!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @catlady1215 that’s what we did in the suburbs but I never see it here in nyc 
  • Options
    @catlady1215 that's what I usually do. Though we had girl scouts come to our house last year so I bought some that way too
  • Options
    They are called Carmel Delites NOT Samoas!!!! Just kidding I know it’s based on your region :)