Re: Flame Free Friday Confessions

• Loading the player...
  • @samjjorgensen me too!!!
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • @samjjorgensen I hate washing jeans after they’ve only been worn once lol
  • @samjjorgensen me too actually but generally I’m not in such a terrible laundry place that they’ve all been worn so many times I have to double up two days in a row lol 
  • @samjjorgensen same! More than 2x for me if I can help it, I don’t wash them until they’re visibly dirty or stretched out lol
  • I'm also a part of the don't wash my jeans till they're dirty or stretched.  Especially now, when I have no energy and laundry is last on the list of things I want to do
  • I'm also in the not washing jeans until I need to camp, and @stlmegs, I wear my bras more than once, too. I do be sure I rotate them at least, so I don't wear the same one 2 days in a row.

• I hate laundry, I haven’t worn underwear in weeks but happy that I have a crap load of jeans and leggings. Nobody will notice right? 

I’m taking a semester off of college because I don’t think I’m spending as much time with my toddler as I should be. He is usually with grandma or great grandma while I’m at school. Sometimes he stays with great grandma overnight if I get home late from school activities... because... honors is killing me. I also started class at 9 am. :cry:
    Anyways, two days ago, I realized in between his two front teeth they are browning and the left side is chipped. I don’t know if he fell or he doesn’t practice good teeth hygiene at great grandmas but it made me feel shitty enough to hold off on graduating next year. I can’t believe I allowed this to happen to my beautiful baby boy. 
  • I judge other moms in my head. I know, it's terrible and I get so mad when other moms judge each other in person or over the internet but I do it in my head all the time. :( 

• Add me into the groups of only showering 2-3 times a week and wearing jeans until they're visibly dirty or stretched out.  I work from home most of the time though.  

I have had confessions I thought of all week so when/if they come back to me I'm going to have to add more.  Right now mine is that since DD has turned 1 I have spent a LOT less time getting ready in the morning.  I rarely put on makeup now and often leave the house without even looking in the mirror.  And I don't really even care.
  • Another confession for this morning.  I do NOT feel like working today.  I have two meetings that are 30 minutes each and other than those I am not going to do much.  Probably going to leave early too. And I'm not going to feel bad about it because this week has been hard!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • Wait, you’re supposed to wash bras? 

Just kidding, I do it about once a month and I only have 2 bras. I’m not breastfeeding so they don’t feel dirty and FRICK ive spend a lot of money on those puppies, I ain’t putting them in the wash every 2 days to be destroyed!

@chicxulub my son had some plaque buildup on his bottom teeth at our last dentist appointment! I felt awful. My dentist recommended attempting to feed him more raw vegetables at the end of the meal. My dentist also recommended bringing my son in every 6 months. 

My FFC is that I am getting more irritated with this board’s set up over time. I feel like I am a solid contributor but I am talking to myself, most of the time, in the very large threads. 
  • @celainev what about the set-up is making you irritated? The very large threads can be confusing, but there shouldn’t be too many of them anymore since most things are broken up weekly or several times a week. I also stop reading past threads once there’s a new one, so maybe if you have a question or something that no one is answering you can bring it up again in a new thread?
  • I’m about ready to strangle my freaking dog. He’s a dachshund, which, if you know them, probably explains a lot. He marks things all the time and I can’t get it to stop. It’s also super cold outside and he doesn’t like to go outside. I cleaned the carpet in my living room last night because he straight up peed on the floor and then he marked something that was on the floor today. I about cried. 

We are in the camp of “you commit to a dog for its whole life.” But I am seriously at my wits end with him. 
  • I’m the same way with bras. I hate having to wash them all the time, so I bought a bunch of cheap ones so I just have to wash them all once a month or once every other month. I have one expensive bra that I wear when I go somewhere lol I do childcare in my home, so I’m pretty sure the toddlers don’t care and I only see the moms for five minutes :) I don’t even wear jeans anymore (mostly because they don’t fit lol) I wear sweatpants or leggings everyday. I was so far behind on laundry that I had to wear pajama pants one day! Oh, and makeup? Pretty much never! I’m pretty sure my mascara is over 6 months old!
  • acunamatadaacunamatada member
    edited January 2018
    @hillbillywife ugh little dogs... I watched my moms papillon a week ago and he constantly piddled on my kitchen floor and left little tootsie roll surprises. I’m thankful they were small, but can’t you ask to go outside?! I’m not a mind reader

@zg49 me too, I find myElf talking myself down in my head. “No, stop that, she probably has a reason for doing that stupid thing”

@celainev what’s frustrating you about the board set up? 

Also+1 for not showering daily, I wash my hair maybe twice a week and it really cut down on the oil production so I probably shower 2-3 times a week depending on the season. 
    Love the solidarity ladies! 
  • @chicxulub Is he drinking a lot of juice at grandmas house? One of the kiddos I watch drinks mostly juice and her teeth are like that too. She took her to he dentist and he said to cut back. My nephew had a tooth that started to brown, but it was just something that happens with kids sometimes and it wasn’t related to hygiene or his diet. I can’t remember exactly what the dentist called it since it was almost 3 years ago.
  • @hillbillywife I have a 7.5 month old puppy who drives me bonkers multiple times a day. I'm looking at it like he's giving me training for when the baby comes! 

I don't wash jeans until they are visible dirty (I have 2 dogs so that's usually after a few wears.) And I don't wash my bras until they fail the sniff test. Winters I can get by for a while without washing, summers it's a lot more often with the boob sweat)  :D

I don't get annoyed when people comment on my bump or want to touch it, but it annoys me when people comment on my eating, "you're eating for two now!" no no, I'm eating for me, and for a nugget that weighs a few ounces. I can eat as little or as much as I want. 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• acunamatadaacunamatada member
    edited January 2018
    @chicxulub Is he drinking a lot of juice at grandmas house? 
    This was my first thought too, my in laws are in their 70’s and I need to remind them to cut DS’s juice with water and keep it to a minimum or he gets a rash. I caught them a few times putting him down with a bottle when he was younger too, for them it’s their generation and they weren’t aware of the issues it causes. 
    ETA good for you for sticking through school with an LO too, I know how hard that is! I graduated when DS was 10mo. Would PT be an option at all? 
  • @celainev care to elaborate more? 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• I can't speak directly for her, but I can see how people could easily feel lost in the shuffle. I don't contribute a huge amount lately because I have a ton of dumb crap going on, but with the larger threads there is so many different topics going on that it feels awkward to jump in on stuff that was being discussed 2 pages ago.

That's just me though, it doesn't bother me or anything. There are pros and cons to different formats, there are plenty of positives too (less drivebys, etc)
  • I guess I have no problem when I catch up to tag someone and talk about what they mentioned even if it was a page or two back. I think its just remembering that we are all busy and it is okay to jump in whereever you want to :) we all get it. 

I mean when I see people complain I wonder if they have ever checked out WTE or babycenter and see the cluster that those are. its millions of nub theory posts and every question is its own thread. There is no order and no community when everything constantly gets buried. I guess I felt we were finding a nice balance? *shrug*

• @rachelsogo - Yes, that annoyed the crap out of me in my first pregnancy!  I would have 2 cupcake at a celebration and they would say "Oh - you can have 2, you're pregnant!"  I said "Yes, and I'm going to have to lose all this pregnancy weight later too.  No thank you!" 

Confession:  Between 3rd trimester and then breastfeeding for 21 months I haven't thought about my food in forever.  I came >< close to adding a cookie to my lunch order just a minute ago and stopped myself. I've already gained more than I think I should have in this pregnancy, I've got to pay closer attention. Last time in the 2nd tri I tracked my calories- I probably need to do that again.  Sad.
  • @rachelsogo yes!! I hate that too!

• Ladies, the shower confession is pretty great. My DH loves showers and baths and hates not showering every day. Sometimes I don't , especially if I've been sitting at my desk at home all day and haven't worked out.
  • I wear layers so I can avoid the amount of laundry haha  only was the lowest layer  :#

also I can tolerate most kids shows but I just can't do Caillou or Peg and cat 

• @lindsayleigh1989 oh I love Peg+cat! My DD isn’t obsessed with caillou right now and I hate it, but her excitement makes me happy for her. PBS is my favorite! 

FFFC: I don’t mind one bit that they don’t air Thomas anymore. Neither of my kids are vignettes into trains. And it was pretty annoying. 

@rachelsogo I wouldn’t mind if he were 7 months old lol. He’s nearing 7 years old though! Wayyyy old enough to know better. Grumble grumble! Hopefully yours figure something it out and it won’t be a problem by the time LO is here! 

@acunamatada ugh seriously! Thankfully (knock on wood) he never poops in the house. That might push me over the edge. But I hate having pee on my carpet. I can’t afford to replace it all the time and we live in a brand new house. I know what dog breed I wont be getting again lol. 
  • @hillbillywife dd likes peg and cat but her voice annoys me haha @stlmegs yes! it is so cute sadly a little too advanced so dd gets too bored. we are all about daniel tiger or "kyguh" as dd calls it haha

• @lindsayleigh1989 caillou is banned in our hour too. Also, undertanktops FTW! I do the same thing  :D
    @stlmegs I loooove beat bugs! 
    Sid the science kid is another one that just irks me.