September 2018 Moms

What My Pregnant Self is Eating 1/18

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating 1/18

• Oops dang it looks like the gif didn't post right. It worked in the text box but not when I hit post. Oh well, I'm a little technically challenged. Sorry everyone! 

Anyway, I've been eating all the food. Especially in the morning, I eat breakfast and then get to work and have to eat my lunch by 10:00 bc I'm starving. 
  • Pretty much everything. I get so nauseous if I let myself get hungry so I try to avoid it. But basically I'm thinking about dinner before I eat breakfast....
  • Loading the player...
  • Making pot roast in the slow cooker for dinner tonight yummmm 
  • @abundantlilacs There’s a pulldown tab in the comment box that looks like a mountain. That’s where you paste the gif link. 

My diet consists of soup, clementines, apples, fruit popsicles, toast, ginger snaps, water,ginger ale, sometimes fried rice or plain pasta. That’s pretty much it. 
  • I'm finding it kind of funny that I was trying really hard to lose a few lbs before finding out I was pregnant, but now that I am my slight nausea is making nothing sound appetizing, and it's been tough to eat anything at all. Considering I gained 10lbs like THAT in my first trimester last time, I'm not upset that I think I'll be able to keep the weight gain under control for at least a little while longer...
    Engaged 12/2013
    Married 5/2015
    BFP 11/27/2015 - EDD 8/4/2016
    <3 Baby Boy born 8/13/2016 ~ 8lbs 7oz  <3
    BFP 1/6/2018 - EDD 9/19/2018

• No real cravings or aversions. The week I got my BFP was my first week of veggie lunches. And my last. I already feel the need for different foods. I can't remeber how long it too to get to that point with DS, but I think it was a bit longer. By the end of the day in ravenous which is driving me nuts.
  • Thanks @SkilledSailor, I'll have to try that next time. I put it in the drop down box with the paper with the folded corner. Fail! Must be the low blood sugar making me confused, I should eat.  :D
  • Carbs, cheese, fruit and TJ's Dark Chocolate PB Cups. My appetite is typically normal in the morning through lunch, then goes downhill when I started feeling bad in the late afternoon and evening. Then, I'm only eating because I have to and not because anything sounds good.
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• I'm pretty averse to everything but peanut butter and cheese. I'm finding as soon as I eat something outside that, I get queasy. 
  • I've been eating a lot of whole grain noodles and brown rice with chili loaded with veggies. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Cinnamon applesauce is my #1 right now!
  • I've been trying to stick to mostly Whole30, but eating some dairy for the extra calcium & vitamin D. Luckily, I don't have any aversions yet—by this time in my first pregnancy, I couldn't even look at an egg. And I was nauseated 24/7. 

BUT

Gooey. Chocolate. Cake.
    Is on my brain 80% of the time and I may be indulging a bit. :D 
  • I'll be five week tomorrow and so far, no nausea (knock on wood). Right now I'm really trying to eat healthy stuff while I can. MH made vegetable lentil soup this week which was delicious. 
  • 6+6 and the meat aversion started this week. All carbs all the time. 
  • nackienackie member
    edited January 2018
    Mostly I've been eating saltines, ginger ales and plain pasta, but we spent today in the ER with DS so I had to force down hospital food.
    Thankfully we're back home and I'm back to saltines.  I can't wait for the nausea stage to pass
  • I'm making stuffed peppers tonight and zucchini with garlic. Also snacking on kim chee and wanting to eat the minced garlic right out if the jar.... uhm....

Roast carrots sound amazing to me right now! @MrsAdventure  :D
  • @sweetpeag825. Right there with you on the nausea + eating all day lol. Oof, it is such a delicate balance!
  • lemons, grapes, oranges and egg sandwiches.  repeat!
  • I really wanted some blueberries yesterday... But they are completely out of season and I would only be disappointed by the flavor so I just daydreamed about them  :/
  • I've been craving brussel sprouts... sauteed in a pan with butter and garlic. A little over done so they aren't soggy. O. M. G. So good.

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • We’re trying to do Whole30, but I may kick someone for an ooey-gooey cheeseburger!

but, since I shouldn’t indulge in that (today), I’m going to town on some frozen grapes and they are surprisingly satisfying!

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Goldfish crackers and pretzels. Also English muffins. Nothing else stays down ugh.
  • Luckily not too nauseous yet! HOORAY! Last pregnancy I knew I was expecting because I saw a pizza commercial and threw up. Anyhoo. Glad to see most of us are eating normal things -- there was some article on the Bump about snacks and it was talking about hard boiled eggs... BARF. I now have first thing snack, breakfast, elevensises, lunch, mid afternoon snack, late afternoon snack, dinner, and before bed snack. Luckily most of these snack-meals are around 100-250 calories at a time  ;) I LOVE Belvita biscuits and praise the gods that invented them, as well as little boxes of cereal, individual cups of mashed potatoes, and cups of yogurt. 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• @wkuandrea around the holidays I bought gingerbread belvitas and forgot about them.... Until now. They are amazing!!!!!!
  • @EErin86 dang I missed those! Addicted to
    the cinnamon ones 

Andrea -- FTM at 39!

• @katethemom Oh man. I feel you on the meat. I haven’t been able to hear the word without my stomach turning. I ventured out into the world of a salad and I’ve had chicken a few times this week which is better than I can say I’ve been with my almost strictly carb diet of the past four weeks. I’ve also had some almonds and cashews and an apple. Any meal that isn’t just saltines is a win!
  • Still super sick here, but just like my last pregnancy I'm loving baby carrots and ranch dip. It's better than the bagels and gold fish crackers I've been eating so I'll take it.
  • Before I found out I was pregnant I was wanting Vienna sausages. No other cravings but I'm finding myself loving crunchy chicken sandwiches with pickles. So tasty
  • I usually eat home cooked and nutrient dense foods but now that I am pregnant nothing sounds good.  I constantly feel underlying nausea but haven't thrown up at all yet. 

When I do want to eat, I've craved refried beans and cheese.  

It's very odd having aversions to the foods I normal would be eating.  
  • +1 to meat aversion! I had this last pregnancy as well. I’ve been eating pretty much ramen noodles so far, which is awful for me, but the only food that doesn’t make my stomach turn. 
  • I’m normally a healthy eater, and when I first found out I was pregnant, I was so careful to have super healthy, nutrient rich meals. But lately (8 weeks) nothing appeals to me but bread and cheese! I’ve tricked my brain with whole grain waffles and cottage cheese, but other than that, all I want is Mac and cheese or grilled cheese. Or omg grilled cheese with Mac and cheese inside (this exists, I had it last week). 
  • @ah1982 I had a grilled cheese with a pickle on the side today for lunch. It was glorious and I don't regret a single bite. :lol:
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• @starla oh yeah, and pickles! 
  • Well I just finished all my sour gummy bears and while I'm pretty upset about it I found a fruit leather thing in my purse and it was delicious!
  • I’m typically ok in morning with slight nausea - if I don’t over eat I’m fine.  Afternoon and evenings especially is the hardest.  Also I completely hate water and am consistently thirsty.  But I don’t want to drink soda all day!