December 2017 Moms
Options

Postpartum

I’ll be 3 wks PP tomorrow & I have to say being stuck in the house is driving me crazy. My mother has been here since I had LO who is doing just fine however my mother isn’t helping she is more in the way then helping. The first week i pumped so SO and I could get some rest and my mom could tend to LO during the night my mom brought LO to me every hour or so to feed and we got no sleep it was awful, it’s always an excuse we I ask for help and it’s annoying. My first week post c section was the worst I was in so much pain my SO had to help me do everything. I’m just depressed from being inside my incision got infected the lack of help it’s all too much

Re: Postpartum

• Options
    I’m so sorry your recovery was painful. That can really make your first few weeks with baby harder. :(

My mom stayed with us for two weeks and was actually suuuuper helpful, but I still couldn’t wait for her to leave. I felt really guilty about it, but I just wanted the house back to myself. All of my friends have been sick, so it’s been really hard to socialize since LO arrived and the weather has been too bad to get out and walk much. This is a very hard time of year to have a tiny baby! 

Postpartum depression is very common and there are lots of resources out there. My city has a group that meets weekly, it’s really just for people to talk through the challenges of having a new baby at home and anyone is welcome. Your OB should know if there are groups like that in your area, I would ask them, it’s super helpful! 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker