February 2018 Moms

EDD Feb 11-17 (36 weeks) Week of 1/14

What's your EDD? 

4 More weeks to go and only one more week until we're considered full term! How does that make you feel?

What's the biggest thing left on your to-do list? Or are you feeling pretty prepared? 

What does your next appointment look like? Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doc? 

Rants/Raves? 

GTKY: What's one thing you'll miss about being pregnant?

Re: EDD Feb 11-17 (36 weeks) Week of 1/14

• What's your EDD? 
    I'm due Feb 12th!
    4 More weeks to go and only one more week until we're considered full term! How does that make you feel?
    It feels so close yet so far away! Could pretty well go at any time which is a little nerve wracking.
    What's the biggest thing left on your to-do list? Or are you feeling pretty prepared? 
    Installing the car seat! Other than that feeling pretty prepared.
    What does your next appointment look like? Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doc? 
    Should be just a regular appointment, but I think at this point I'll start getting my cervix checked at my (now) weekly appointments.
    Rants/Raves? 
    Feeling pretty over being pregnant at this point. I'm so tired of feeling uncomfortable
    However DH was really sweet the other day. It was slippery outside after the snow storm we just got and he told me he didn't want me taking the dog out for his walk, so he did it for me.
    I'll miss watching/feeling the baby move around in there. It's definitely been my favourite part of being pregnant.
  • What's your EDD? 
    February 14th, but she will be coming at the latest a week early per the doc. 

Honestly, it feels like it’s gone by so fast! 

I need to get my hospital bag ready. We had a scare this weekend, and I felt so unprepared. We still need to get the car seat installed as well. I am feeling more prepared now, just in nesting mode. 

Next OB is on Wednesday. They’ll be doing an US to check on growth since she was 2 weeks behind on my last visit. They’ll do NST testing due to my newly HBP diagnosis. They already did the strepB testing at 34 weeks (that was fun). I just want to know when they want to have baby come out! 

Rants/Raves? 
    Rant: DH and I were involved in a car accident (not our fault, we were rear-ended) this weekend. They took me to the hospital due to some HBP (170/110) just to check on baby and I. No placental rupture, baby was okay. But we were supposed to go see a comedy show as a Christmas present, so I was pretty bummed we didn’t get to see it. DH just told me today that the lady’s insurance is taking on some
    extra $ for “emotional distress to baby and Mom”... I didn’t even know that was a thing! 

I think I’ll miss feeling her move inside. It’s weird sometimes, but it’s nice to know she’s alive and moving in there.
  • Loading the player...
  • What's your EDD? 
    I'm due on 2/16. Induction is set for 2/2, but may be sooner if BP continues creeping up during visits (it shoots up in clinical settings, but it's something they don't want to see at this point because it's a stress response).

2-2.5 weeks left. We still have a lot of clearing out and organizing to do. Clothes to sort and get things ready. 

Install car seat, organize clothes and clear out space in our room and just get the house ready so there's less to do after baby comes (nesting and all that fun stuff).

I just had an NST today. I have a chiro visit tomorrow, another NST on Thursday, MFM appt. on Friday, and acupuncture session on Sunday.

Rants/Raves? 
    General aches and discomfort. Achy hips and pelvis, more pressure and dreaded heartburn and reflux. 

Definitely the movement. I enjoy the overall experience of seeing baby grown and develop. 
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• What's your EDD? 
    February 16th! A month away tomorrow! 

These last few weeks of work just keep dragging on! I cannot wait to be done! Still 4 and a half weeks of work left!

Pretty much everything! Procrastinating big time over here! I was hoping DS would sleep in a big boy bed so we wouldn't need another crib. Well he's still in the crib! So we may need another one! We also need to install the car seat, pack a hospital bag and wash all the gender neutral clothes!

36 week appointment on Thursday. GBS swab and general check up 

Rants/Raves? 
    Rants to the unknowns! We have no family around us and we aren't 100% what we are going to do with our DS when I go into labour! It all depends on when! All of our friends are also teachers so we may be bringing him and hoping someone can come pick him up!

I will miss baby moving and I will miss how easy it is when they are protected on the inside! It's easy to tote around 2 kids right now! But we will figure it out and It will just be normal after a bit!
  • What's your EDD? 
    feb 16th. I'm convinced I'll be a week late though just because I'm a ftm
    Excited and nervous! Ready and not ready!

Car seat, hospital bag. Need to get with the lady I've asked to check on my pets if we are gone for long during labor.
    Not till next week. Doing a UA, blood test, strep b and cervix check. 
    Rants/Raves? 
    It makes me nervous that I've only had two US. I just hope everything continues to go smoothly and normal.
    Definitely the movement!
  • What's your EDD? 
    Feb 16th, but I only got to 36.5 weeks with my first, so who knows what will happen! Every day I'm like, "today could be the day!" @libbodee I was so convinced I'd be late with my first, and then he surprised us with an early arrival, so you never know!
    With the PTL scare last month, I'm so pleased with how far we've come and would be thrilled to get to term.  That being said, I'm super uncomfortable and find myself saying to my husband with increasing frequency that I can't wait to be done! 
    Just need to install the car seat base.  Shouldn't take DH too long since it's not his first rodeo.
    Weekly appointments starting Thursday.  Nothing specific and will probably decline cervix checks since I've been dilated and effaced for weeks (and now know that this means basically nothing as far as progress!)
    Rants/Raves? 
    No real rants -- I'm staying very focused on the positives, like making it almost to term, and being present with my family until baby comes.  Appreciating how simple life is with only one, and trying to soak up as much time with him as possible.
    As easy as it is to complain about all of the discomforts, since this is likely my last pregnancy (we're almost certain we only want two), I will miss the experience overall.  Like others have said, the movement is really special and I also love the feeling that I'm the only one who really "knows" the baby before they're born and meet everyone else.  I remember after my son was born thinking, "I miss him!"
  • What's your EDD? 
    feb 15th. I hope that I go a week earlier! I've been waiting impatiently. :)
    I'm also excited and nervous at the same time. FTM, so have no idea what to expect! 

We have the breastfeeding class tonight, infant care these next two weeks, and we're doing a carseat check on Wed. This weekend, we plan on finishing the final touches on the nursery and packing our hospital bags. These next few weekends we'll be relaxing with nothing major planned. We still have to talk to our parents on when they'll be coming to see the baby and logistics on where they are staying. Our siblings will see the baby after a few weeks.
    Strep B test on Thursday. I have one last appt in January, then I go to weekly appointments in Feb. I still haven't felt any BH contractions, so will ask about that. Maybe I did have them, but I am not sure!
    Rants/Raves? 
    It's getting close, so kinda tired of people asking if I am ready or not!

I will miss the movement as well! 
  • What's your EDD? 
    2/13 but c sectionn is scheduled for 1/30. 
    It makes me feel good. @psm2461 - I had preterm labor over a week ago so I'm also glad I'm at 36 week now. 
    Just finish sanitizing bottles for pumping and finish sorting clothes. 
    NST, growth US and OB all today
    Rants/Raves? 
    I'm like you @kbrinks in that my side lives over 1.5-2 hrs away. My sister has stayed to help out a few days last week and this week because of my preterm labor. But basically when she's not here whenever LO arrives we're on our own. My ILs are not very involved so we're just hoping MIL or a friend can stay with DD if I happen to go into labor sooner at hospital until my sister or brother can come and get her and take her back to our place to stay. 
    Just knowing I have this little person with me at all times throughout the day and the movements. 
  • EDD? Feb 15th by my ovulation tests but since that's within a week of the date by LMP, on file it's 2/10. But in my heart, I know it's 2/15.

crazy impatient! I can't wait to meet the little one. 

We are pretty close to done. We just need to reinstall the car seat. We uninstalled it so we could put our seat down and move some big stuff. And I have to finish the hospital bag. But we live a block away from our hospital so it's not really something that is even crucial.

I think the weekly checks are just going to be cervix exams I think. I was closed and posterior at the last one when she did GBS swab. I think I'm going to ask for my breastpump rx at this weeks visit so I can just get that process started. 

Rants/Raves? 
    Sleeping is so annoying. It's harder for me to breathe through my nose lying on my right because my nose clogs up on that side but if I lay on my left I get heartburn. Also my nipples keep getting black stuff on them (dead skin and lint and junk). 

the round belly! The kicks wake me up at night and I'll be happy that'll be over. But the round belly is so cute. I'm not super big so it hasn't really gotten in the way of too much movement, but it's so pretty and shiny and firm. After baby, it's just gonna be a floppy mess. 
  • What's your EDD? 
    Feb 16th

A little nervous and anxious! I know it'll be here in the blink of an eye!

Ummmm... everything!!!!!! I just started getting her things ready for the hospital yesterday. I have nothing packed for myself. ILS have the car seat base but hopefully we're getting it on Saturday. There is so much to do but I have to take it easy. 

Next week is my last regular appointment and then I'll have weekly monitors and cervix checks, fun!

Rants/Raves? 
    I'm in a lot of pain at this point and super sore. Sometimes it feels like she's going to literally fall out of me!

I'm going to miss having her all to myself. It's what I missed most about my last pregnancy.
    I didn't like sharing her at all. That's probably how I unknowingly fell into "attachement parenting". 
  • What's your EDD? 
    Feb11 but I feel like its going to be a week early, Feb 3.

Giddy. Im so done with the vagina lightning. Ive also thrown up the whole pregnancy so just want to hold her already!

I think my hubby and I got this. However Im nervous about tearing since I did so with my first baby.
    Biggest thing left is cleaning house and getting carseat buckled in.

I have to submit my birthing plan and they are going to check and see if my version took( baby was breech and had to be turned). I just want a natural birth is it too much to ask?

Rants/Raves? 
    So. Hungry. And tired of being tired. Trying to stay positive but I feel snappy at everything.

The immunity to judgement over cravings. Also the special feeling of being the "baby mech" as my husband puts it. Mostly Im fine with ending the experience. Need my baby already.