August 2018 Moms
Options

Why My SO is Awesome

I’m sure I’m not the only one with a great one.
*Siggy Warning*
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Why My SO is Awesome

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DH hard been doing all the cooking, cleaning the kitchen every night, and has been doing everything for DS once he gets home from work. He’s been amazing this pregnancy! 
  • Options
    He’s totally picked up the slack around the house lately. He’s been on top of the laundry the past couple weeks. This morning he got up early and started cooking breakfast for me, DS and my parents who were visiting. He then also did all the dishes (although my mom insisted on helping). 
    Also, we got take out from our favorite BBQ place last night and he let me eat basically all the hush puppies he ordered for himself. I said that I said I didn’t want any when we ordered, but then needed them all when I saw them. That’s love. 
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• Options
    Mine literally had my son ALL day yesterday while I rested in bed. I’ve been having really bad and constant nausea. He is picking up my slack in other ways too. Thank god!
  • Options
    I love reading these! Mine has been having tea parties with our daughter who is obsessed with her kitchen set, table and chairs, and dishes she got for Christmas. Seeing my tough military guy at a miniature table drinking pretend tea from a tiny cup melts my heart ❤️ 
  • Options
    I have the (tied for) best husband! He works all day, and then takes care of me when he gets home. He's had to prepare food (usually my job, since I don't work) for the past few weeks, and he's always making sure I have whatever I need. He's been rubbing my legs or back every night, he just did four loads of laundry today, and he's been totally understanding of my fatigue/nausea/whatever the hell else pregnancy is making me miserable with. I almost feel like I'm taking advantage of him, and I hope to be able to take back over around the house in my second trimester so he doesn't get burned out by my third! 

Today we went out to eat, and as we waited for food he asked me how big the baby is, and what is happening developmentally at 11 weeks. He is clearly excited about being a dad again. 
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Love this thread! And all the posts!

Dh has been great at calming my nerves and making me feel so much better. It's not like me to stress but little thoughts kept running through my head this time. Getting back to happy thoughts now and feeling so much better. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    M/s has been WAY worse this time and DH has had to step up and take care of DS for a substantial portion of the past two weekends. He’s also gone grocery shopping for me when I can’t and is super easy going about changing our meal plans.
  • Options
    On Sunday, I was upstairs with DS folding laundry and playing. I heard SO vacuuming the first floor. I came downstairs and saw the floors had also been mopped, stuff had been put away, and it looked beautiful. I said, I'll do the bathroom, and he said it was also already done! He's not usually a big cleaner(he does some, but not quite that level), but he knows how happy it makes me. 
  • Options
    My DH has been great, too. He works long hours but is picking up the slack around the house. I've felt a lot worse this pregnancy and some days I can't think of anything I want to eat and he will leave the house at like 9 p.m. to get anything that sounds halfway good to me. He usually is helpful anyway, we make a great team. 
  • Options
    Love this thread! This is our second child and man is my husband making up for his lack of understanding from our first go around lol. Many years together and a toddler you sometimes under appreciate each other...it’s nice to be in awe of him once again. 
  • Options
    With two at home it's harder to juggle, but DH has been letting me crawl into bed the moment the kids are asleep while he does all the clean up and anything else that needs doing after bedtime. He has let me take weekend naps while DS2 is napping (usually when I'm not pregnant he is the one who needs the weekend nap more) and has given me some alone time at home by taking the boys out a couple of times (earlier when I felt way more exhausted). Love that man!