June 2018 Moms
Options

FFFC 1/12

Let's see what confessions you have this week ladies!  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
Third Son - due June 9, 2018

Re: FFFC 1/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been home 2 days this week, working from home. DH has been waiting on me. (Love it) And I am literally streaming HOURS of Comedians Riding in Cars Getting Coffee. For 2 days! I have teared up. I have been wowed at the insight and awesome conversations. I can't stop watching! 

Mama to a wonderful DD - Sep 2015, Wife to my DH since 2011, 2 dogs, a cat, and hoping to add No. 2 in May/June 2018. Canadian.
    5 - IUIs, 3 - IVF retrievals, 2- failed transfers (fresh, and frozen), PGS on second IVF resulted in 1 perfect emby, and DD. 
    3rd IVF w PGS resulted in 3! perfect embys. 1st transfer - Sep 2017 2 more on ice. 
  • Options
    Haven't done any homework and the point of taking time off work was to focus on hw. 
  • Options
    Ditto on laundry!  DH begged me to do laundry today.  To be fair we were without water until yesterday.

Mine is that I was ready to order a crib and dresser last night that I'd had my eye on because they went on sale (combined savings of $275) and I couldn't go through with it because there was a freight charge of $175.  The math still makes sense, but damn those shipping charges mess with me mentally!
  • Options
    @amys614 Yaaas! Thank god for Downy wrinkle spray!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I slept until 11am today and woke up panicked because I forgot I had acupuncture at 11:30am. Thankfully a 5 min walk away. But this jetlag is really killing me.
  • Options
    Lol @buffalove1211!! That's just solid parenting right there!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been letting DD watch ToyGenieSurprises on youtube for the last few hours so I can binge watch Orphan Black. 
  • Options
    @RatParade Where do you take a nap at work????
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @amys614 def getting a cleaning lady probably a couple weeks before baby comes. DH started asking for one as soon as we found out I was pg bc we had always said we’d get one once we had kids. Our house isn’t messy, but it’s a lot of house for one person to clean esp the 3 1/3 bathrooms and all the other rooms I cannot convince DH to stay out of. I can go weeks without going upstairs and almost never use the upstairs bathrooms but he manages to use all the rooms in the house. Pretty much just need someone to clean bathrooms and deep clean the kitchen once a week. 
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    @buffalove1211 parenting win!

+1 to the laundry list

AFM: part of me is terrified to find out we're having a boy because I don't want to deal with the circumcision decision
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sunshineandwhiskey I'm letting my husband deal with the circumcision decision. It is one of the few things he has had strong opinions on since I got pregnant. 

@ffw0617 You should totally get a cleaning lady! I've had one for at least the past six years. It frees up so much of your time!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @amys614 @ffw0617 I desperately want/need a cleaning lady. This house is the biggest one we have ever had as well and with a toddler and soon to be newborn...yeah. We’ve got some moving expenses that we are paying off and once that expense is gone I’m definitely hiring someone. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@laceybee522 I move my car to an area of the parking lot that doesn't get traffic, recline my seat, and curl up lol

@sunshineandwhiskey that is what I was worried about too!  I just found out we are having a boy.  I don't really have a strong opinion on it so I'm willing to do whatever MH wants.  It hasn't come up yet.

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We had a cleaning lady when we subletted an apt from Columbia University faculty (nicest apt I will ever live in ever) for 9 months a couple years ago. It was soooo nice. She came on Tuesdays, and DH and I loooooved Tuesday nights. Can't justify now since I'm home all day, but maybe when the baby gets here, at first at least. I'm def going to at least have a pro come and deep clean the apt while we're in the hospital for delivery...
  • Options
    @ffw0617 @Austenista yes, seriously considering a cleaning lady. It's so much to keep up on. I clean every single day, just for 20 min or so just to keep up on the train wreck that I may leave behind and my house is still a mess. 
  • Options
    @rnielsen321 solidarity my friend! Glad to know I'm not the only one who didn't get the house packed back up on Jan 1. :)

@buffalove1211 I told my son that his the batteries in his really annoying loud toy  my sister got for him in Japan were "Japanese batteries" and we couldn't get anymore until Auntie went back to Japan so we'll have to play with the toy without batteries for a while. So of course next time he saw my sister he asked her for some "Japanese batteries"......she doesn't have kids. There is no way she could understand my tactics

EDD 6/18/18
    DD=10/5/10 DS=4/9/13
  • Options
    My 5 yr old daughter thinks Chuck E Cheese is only for birthdays. We've never said that, but have only gone for birthdays so she makes that assumption. I don't correct her. 
  • Options
    +1 to the laundry!
    Solid parenting ladies ;)

We were suppose to drop the 2 bags for donation tonight, but weather preventing this. Also means I have to figure out dinner, since we were suppose to pick up dinner. Mother nature hates me and I want a pita :(

I also need to toss our duvet in the wash. It smells weird and it's a mix of cat drool and husband sweat. Wtf
  • Options
    @sunshineandwhiskey +1 to the circumcision decision :sweat:
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd default to DH on the circumcision decision, but I already know what the decision would be because......... DH IS JEWISH! lol no debate there, but we have agreed that if we have a boy in the future we won't have a Bris. No thank you, don't need the whole family to watch us cut off part of any future DS's penis. Also def would prefer a medical professional to do it, not a rabbi. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 Ooooh, buddy! I have heard some wild Bris stories. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Krashke AMEN! circumcision came up on the facebook this past week with one of my mom friends and that got crazy really fast!

EDD 6/18/18
    DD=10/5/10 DS=4/9/13
  • Options
    Circumcision is definitely a hot button issue. It's not common practice in Europe since they don't feel there's strong enough evidence to do it for health reasons. Same goes for Japan when I asked my MIL about it. I did some further research and found that there are some men who seek to have foreskin reconstruction, so that is definitely something to consider. H and I both came to the conclusion that we don't find it necessary and so we won't be circumcising.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I hate that circumcision is such a hot button issue. When I was pregnant with my son, I felt like a failure no matter which I went with my decision. 
    We decided to circumcise. We have family members on both sides that had to be circumcised later on in life, teen years or later. My aunt, who is a Dr, explained that it was likely that any of our boys would more than likely end with the same problems. We decided to do it while he was a baby and wouldn't remember vs having to do it as a teen or adult. 
  • Options
    @May14th2011 Yeah, it's definitely something people get really fired up over. I was even a little nervous to post that I wouldn't circumcise. I'm a FTM but the general vibe I get from parenthood is "damned if you do, damned if you don't" lol. I think you'll find that the topic is getting heated as circumcision rates appear to be dropping in the US, which seems to be creating a divide and fueling some strong opinions. The argument that seems to hold weight in Europe is that it is the child's right to choose how their body is modified once they are old enough to make those decisions. I am quite interested that you have family members that needed it later on - I don't hear about that happening much. If you don't mind me asking, do you know why they required the procedure?

This BBC article is a few years old, but definitely makes for an interesting read.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @silvergreen I don't remember the medical term, but essentially the foreskin got stuck and wouldn't retract- ever. Three of my cousins ended up in the ER for it, and two went in to their general doctor for it  (I have a lot of male cousins lol). 
    I'm definitely not trying to scare you, just explaining why we made the choice we made. Lots of men go through life without any issues like this at all. 
    If medical issues of this sort weren't so prevalent in our families, we might have skipped doing it.