July 2018 Moms

Fit Mom Friday 1/12

2»

Re: Fit Mom Friday 1/12

• So... this is weird. I was active before getting pregnant and remained fairly active during pregnancy so far. Yesterday we went to Six Flags and spent a few hours there, lot of time on my feet but nothing major, the most strenuous thing I did was pushing the Bob up some hills and lots of walking. By the time I went to bed last night my thighs and butt were so sore!  It seriously felt like I ran some serious miles. Now I'm freaking out about my fitness level during this pregnancy and I'm not even half way done yet :s I think I'll hit the gym today.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So now that all of my 1st trimester is behind me, I think I will start joining in. I couldn't work out because of the bedrest and I am still taking it easy, but I am going to start doing some light yoga I think. My weight is consistently 1 lb over my goal, but that's not so bad. We'll see how it goes!
  • Loading the player...
  • @noideawhatshesdoing @kissableviv @krystlerr I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. I try to stay motivated by telling myself that the workouts are good for my health and the baby's, instead of worrying how I look. But yes hopefully once the bump appears my hate for mirrors will disappear.
  • I was so busy on Thursday and Friday that I forgot to create a new thread! So let's use this one this week.

@cseley321 glad you are trying to get back into being active after bed rest, we all have to start somewhere! 
    @runsomewhere honestly amusement parks are a workout! I'm always sore after a day at Disneyland, even pre pregnancy!

I had a pretty good week but not a lot of lifting. I experienced some posterior pelvic pain on my left side and walking was intensifying it so I laid low for a couple of days. Feeling better now and starting the week tomorrow with a walk and prenatal yoga.
  • I just tried prenatal Pilates yesterday and it was refreshing. The instructor really paid close attention and showed different modifications to use while pregnant.  Was still a really great workout and I hope to keep it up. Some studios I go to allow you to continue taking regular Pilates classes and some require you switch to prenatal after first trimester. 
  • I was close to hitting my goal last week. I worked out 4 times when my goal is 6, so I'm pretty happy with that. Although the only reasons I didn't workout the other days was because I was feeling lazy, so... Got to the gym yesterday but was exhausted. I listened to my body and walked a little slower, still at an incline. Instead of doing weights, I just stretched for a while, which really is what I needed. My back has already started to get tight. I think I need to incorporate more stretching! 
  • I managed to work out 6/7 days last week! I did a few strength exercises on Thurs, but kept getting distracted because anytime I was on the floor at dog-level, doggo would just lick my face or drop toys on me. I ended up cutting it short and just tug-o-waring for a while.

I was feeling ambitious this morning and did a spin class (rather than just biking at my own pace) but I got a bit competitive- I would see my HR creep up past 140 so I tried to let off, but the second I felt better I would just push again. It can be really hard to back off sometimes! I ended with a “pregnancy PR” but now I am just zonked and starving!
  • @olsenbump why is it they don't understand when we're working? Mine do the same thing. But they are cute, so they get away with it.

Made it to 3 Jazzercise classes last week, and managed two prenatal TRX sessions. Man that was tougher than I expected. Went snowshoeing on Saturday, did 4 miles at a brisk pace, but def slower than we usually go. I so wanted to xc ski, but I'm not always the most graceful when it comes to turning yet, so since that is a fall hazard for me, settled with the snowshoes.

Felt great at my Jazzercise class last night, and my instructor is awesome, she covered all the mirrors in the studio so I don't have to see my fluffy self! Can't wait to actually look pregnant, hoping I won't hate mirrors anymore.
  • @noideawhatshesdoing great work! Haha I also want more of a definited bump. 
    Went to prenatal yoga and shook my booty playing a bunch of Just Dance aka my saving grace now that work is so busy and I barely leave the house
  • @kissableviv Just Dance sounds like so much fun today. I HAVE to leave the house for my workouts, even if I'm busy, otherwise I retreat back into my hermit shell because I've worked from home full time for years. I would happily workout at home and not see any humans other than DH for weeks at a time though!