3rd Trimester

Charlie horses 31 weeks

Since like 20 weeks I've been getting these horrible Charlie horses and leg cramps. My doctor recommended that I take calcium, magnesium, and potassium supplements. I take all of them on a daily basis with my prenatal yet the cramps still wake me up at night. The only way I can get them to go away is by flexing my foot, even then it takes like 5 minutes to go away. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent leg cramps? -thanks 

Re: Charlie horses 31 weeks

• Since like 20 weeks I've been getting these horrible Charlie horses and leg cramps. My doctor recommended that I take calcium, magnesium, and potassium supplements. I take all of them on a daily basis with my prenatal yet the cramps still wake me up at night. The only way I can get them to go away is by flexing my foot, even then it takes like 5 minutes to go away. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent leg cramps? -thanks 
    Make sure you’re drinking a ton of water. Otherwise it’s unfortunately something you have to deal with. It usually goes away almost immediately after giving birth.

I used to be able to feel one coming on and would immediately flex my foot and could stop it. Try to avoid stretching with pointed toes, as this invites them.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Try apple cider vinegar with honey - it helps a lot!!!! 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey. It smells kind of like toes but doesn't taste too bad. 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • I second the drinking more water. I also found eating a banana before bed helped me
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Make sure you're taking the correct form of magnesium. Magnesium glycinate and taurate are the best for muscle cramps, while oxide and citrate are more effective for constipation. 

*Formerly LuND*
    Me: 35 | DH: 37
    TTC: 7/2016
    Low AMH, mild MFI
    BFP 7/29/17
    EDD: 4/5/18
    <3  DS born 4/4/18  <3
    BFP #2 7/2/19
    EDD 3/13/20

• My mom and aunt get them frequently ever since they both had kids and they told me to drink classen pickle juice. I haven't tried it because I hate pickles and my leg cramps aren't bad as long as I stretch and exceecise everyday. 
    Daisypath - nBGk

Lilypie - GQnA