August 2018 Moms

STM + check in 1/10

How far along are you? 

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Don't Know Yet? 

How old are your other kid(s)? 

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- 

GTKY:  What is something you thought you needed the first time around but never actually used?

Re: STM + check in 1/10

• How far along are you?  7w5d

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Don't Know Yet? Finding out around the 10w mark.  Blood test

How old are your other kid(s)? My little man is 13.5M

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)-
    Rave: He's finally figuring out walking and it's the cutest thing ever cause he's so proud of himself when he takes off after something he wants. 
    Rant: Kid is going through some sort of insatiable stage?  By 5:15 if I don't have dinner ready for him (I work FT), he's screaming at me to get it ready faster.  I swear daycare feeds him.  He eats more than I do right now. 

GTKY:  What is something you thought you needed the first time around but never actually used?
    I can think of two.  I bought the Nuna Leaf cause all the press about it being good forever and they can sit in it even when they are 100+ pounds.  He never sat in it.  Stop showing toddlers sitting in the chair.  Toddlers don't sit still.
    The second is all the breastfeeding covers I thought I had to have.  Never used them.  Free boob at home.  In public it was easier to just grab a muslin blanket. 
  • How far along are you? 8w5d (is first tri over yet? I already feel like I've been pregnant for a year)

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Don't Know Yet? Don't know yet but will find out at anatomy scan. WHICH IS IN FOREVER. 

How old are your other kid(s)? 3 and 5

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- My 3 year old DS has found his threenager attitude and it's making me fear for when he's actually a teenager. Whenever 3 year old is acting crazy 5 year old loves to point out just how good he's being. So that's fun. 

GTKY:  What is something you thought you needed the first time around but never actually used? Honestly? A diaper bag! I ended up just using a backpack or my LV Neverfull. It was easier for me to just toss what I needed that day or for that trip vs. having a bag always packed with way more crap than I actually needed. Also, the pack n play. I know lots love them but we never used it with either kid. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 
    9w3d

Don't know yet, but will find out at anatomy scan

DD will be 2 on the 26th

DD is currently not sleeping well, which is making me even more exhausted

The only thing that I bought that did not get used was a bouncer. I would put her in it and she would immediately start crying.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Don't Know Yet? will find out via NIPT around 10 weeks

How old are your other kid(s)? two girls, 2.5 years and 7 months

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- the baby is sitting by herself but nowhere close to crawling...I'm nervous she won't be walking yet at 14 months when this baby is born and I'll be screwed and needing to carry them both everywhere.  She's doing well with solid food which is fun.  The big one is crazy and is trying to drop her naps which I do not care for.

GTKY:  What is something you thought you needed the first time around but never actually used? also nursing cover...I give no shits and nurse in public without one.  Also neither of my kids wanted to be swaddled so I never used the swaddle me blankets or anything.  And they were summer babies so they never wore anything but short sleeved onesies until they went to daycare, so the NB and 3 month size bottoms we received were useless.  
  • How far along are you? 8+1 according to yesterday's ultrasound

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Don't Know Yet? Don't know yet but will be finding out. I want to be team green but DH insists on finding out. Originally we were going to have him find out and me stay team green but then I thought that if he accidentally slipped I would be soooooo pissed, so we're just both going to find out. That turned into a novel of an answer lol!

How old are your other kid(s)? I have a 12 year old step son and DS is 17 months next week

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)-  All raves from me today! DSS is going through the 12-going-on-30 phase which is sometimes challenging. But he's really gotten into finding his own style lately and got some nice new clothes for Christmas and a trendy haircut. He's growing up too fast! He's been asking to spend time in the kitchen with me lately learning how to cook so we've gotten a lot of quality time just the two of us. My little guy is at such a fun age, he loves to explore and is so curious! Everything I do he wants to "help" which in the kitchen means banging around some pots and pans. I gave him some unopened boxes of mac and cheese last night and he put them somewhere, I haven't found them yet...

Oh so much... I went way overboard with the baby stuff the first time around...
    1. Halo bassinet - see the Sleep Surfaces thread then go buy a rock and play
    2. Blankets, blankets, blankets. You really don't need 30. Get one for the car seat (They make ones that the buckles fit through) a few big ones to spread on the floor for baby to roll around, and if you use swaddle blankets get some of those. The decorative ones just get in the way and then end up in a box somewhere
    3. The pack and play with all the attachments. I didn't use any of the attached changing tables, bassinet, or mobile things.
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 
    10w today
    DKY - we’ll probably find out so I can start buying clothes if necessary. 
    DS is 7yo
    School - I hate the attitudes DS sees with the other kids and brings home from school. He went back last week, and he’s already getting an attitude again. He full-on yelled at me last night during his homework. 
    1. Sleep gowns - DS liked to be swaddled, and I used either sleeper & swaddle or just a onesie & swaddle. I had to undo the swaddle to change him anyway. 
    2. Infant socks & shoes - just no. He wore footed sleepers most of the time and one-piece rompers with bare feet in the summer. That child hated socks & shoes and wiggled out of them in less than 30 seconds. He still takes his socks off as soon as he gets home, and he wears crocs all summer to avoid socks. 
    3. Infant pants - DS was long and skinny, and pants didn’t fit him. He lived in onesies, sleepers, and rompers until he started crawling.
    4. Baby bath tub - I got 3 of them at my shower. We didn’t have anywhere to store them, so I returned them and bought a Summer Infant bath seat. I could fit it in the tub or the sink until DS could sit up unassisted in the tub. This time I’m looking at the AngelCare bath seat that should also fit in my sink and in the cabinet under it. 
    5. Expensive cloth wipes - I bought baby washcloths from Walmart, 4/$1, and used those. They worked great, and they’re still in good shape to use with this LO. At home I kept them in a glass jar with water. For going out I wet some and put them in a ziplock baggie. 
  • How far along are you? 
    9 weeks today

Don't know yet, but will find out at 20 week anatomy scan. Forever away, will probably go crazy before then.

DD will be 1 a week from today! I can't believe it.

All the feels about DD being 1.  She just recently really started walking like a boss, which is so cute.  She's transitioning out of the baby room at daycare and into the "young toddler" room, so lots of big changes with that - 1 nap! Yikes!

Totally agree with @mrsbubbles-2 about the halo and blankets.  We have SO many blankets and I use the same 3 over and over.  

I also got like a million different bottles and pacifiers because I "didn't know which type she would like" aaaand she ended up not taking a pacifier at all and liked the first bottle we tried, so we have a cabinet full of shit we've never used.

Also, the swing.  She hated her swing.  Total waste of money. And the bumbo was a pretty big waste for us too.  She only sat still in that thing for about a week before it became more of a hazard than it was worth.
  • How far along are you?  10w3d

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Don't Know Yet?  Will find out.

How old are your other kid(s)?  L is 2.5 y.o. E is almost 14 months.

L has become the most adorable, and moments of frustrating, protector. He gets between H and I and starts yelling at H about 'My momma, No hurt my momma!' in that super cute, awkward toddler cadence. Its adorable that he thinks he could protect me if H was yelling or something, but since its usually a regular 'what do I do to finish dinner' convo its annoying as heck. 

E has started to play peek-a-boo. She can like half cover her face, holds it for .5 seconds, then opens her arms wide yelling 'Dada!'. Also if we throw our hands up, or wipe them both over our face she will put her hands to her cheeks and go 'oh nooooooooo' then start playing peek-a-boo. 

I fell like I'm fairly lowkey about things I needed/wanted and actually ended up with. I have used it all with one kid or the other. Both liked the swing, one liked baths the other preferred showers. Both loved the rnp, swaddling was easy with our slightly larger muslin blankets, they liked the sleep sacks, and everyone loved our moby wrap. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• @livinthesunnylife We have to get dinner on the table ASAP when we get home (also work FT). It took me several months, but now we meal plan like crazy and do lots of fast to the table things like pre-made casseroles, quick rice, etc. Sitting down to dinner has to happen less than 20 minutes after we get home or we're in a stage 5 meltdown. 

@ashleyandjody We're in some kind of 2-year old sleep regression too and it's aweful! DS was up from 5am this morning, which was actually a good night for him lately. He was doing so well for so long and I don't know if it's the age or the holiday schedule disruption but I need him to sleep again!

@mrsbubbles-2 Your rave made me smile. So sweet. Except the missing mac and cheese. But luckily it's no@mrsbubbles-2

@calimom2524 I'm scared for 3. 2 is turning out to be a bit of a brutal start, and I've heard the terrible twos are nothing compared to a threenager! Hugs to you!

How far along are you?
    10+6

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Don't Know Yet?  Team Green all the way!

How old are your other kid(s)? Just turned 2, 10 days ago. 

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- My son turned 2 and flipped a switch. He's SO TWO now. It's exhausting. Good thing I got KU before this stage set in because he's really pushing our boundaries.  I had to walk away from him this morning after he hit me a few times. I got myself calm, took his hands, and we talked about how I can't let him hit. We actually had a productive conversation and after a hug and kiss he was very good. But, at first I wanted to just slap him back. 
    On that note, I can't remember who recommended Janet Lansbury, but THANK YOU. You've changed my life!

GTKY:  What is something you thought you needed the first time around but never actually used? A friend handed down a nursing cover which I used in public in the beginning when DS had to re-latch 10 times on each side. But once we got the hang of it, I just let it all hang out. 
    Also, my SIL gave us their old baby swing, which didn't really work, but DS hated it so it got used maybe twice. 
    Newborn size clothes
  • How far along are you? Around 8 weeks or so. Won’t know the exact till my ultra sound on the 26th.

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Don't Know Yet? Will know around 11/12 weeks! Getting the harmony test.

How old are your other kid(s)? 3.5 and 1

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)-  my 3.5 year old is being such a brat lately

GTKY:  What is something you thought you needed the first time around but never actually used? Most of the baby crap lol. All I need is a carrier, diapers, rock n play and swaddles!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 
    8 weeks

Team green 

After two pediatric visits and an urgent care visit, DD was diagnosed with a double ear infection and given steroids for a bad cough. Needless to say, noone in my home had slept well for the past few days.

I've also been having some fears about not being able to give baby #2 the same amount of attention DD was able to get some I will have her to take care of as well. I just really hope I can get quality time to bond with this baby.

All those teeny tiny little glass containers that I swore I would use to make homemade baby food. DD wound up doing BLW, and we all loved it. Will definitely be pursuing it again with #2
  • How far along are you: 10wk 1 day

boy/ girl/ team green/ don’t know yet: hopefully finding out in a few weeks from the blood work 

how old old are your other kid(s): 5 year old girl and 16 month old girl

rants/raves/ questions: does your kid being 5 suck for everyone? Seriously, she doesn’t listen and doesn’t mind. By the time she does, I’m yelling then I feel terrible. I’m trying to homeschool so she doesn’t forget everything daycare taught her [started sahm in june] and she tells me the wrong answers to the questions I ask her on purpose and complains a million times about doing school

GTKY : the pack n play with the extras. All we really needed was the pack n play, not the fancy changing table, newborn napper, or decorative shade
    Married: August 2007
    DD1: Oct 2012
    DD2: Sept 2016
    DC3: Due August 2018
  • @7425cait oh god I forgot about the homemade baby food lol.  I got the whole baby bullet system, and the thing so you can make your own pouches.  I made sweet potatoes one time, it was a total pain in the ass and took forever, and DD1 didn't even eat them.  I never made baby food again.  Store bought 4 lyfe.
  • delujm0 said:
    @7425cait oh god I forgot about the homemade baby food lol.  I got the whole baby bullet system, and the thing so you can make your own pouches.  I made sweet potatoes one time, it was a total pain in the ass and took forever, and DD1 didn't even eat them.  I never made baby food again.  Store bought 4 lyfe.
    We ended up using our baby bullet for small smoothies, or quick fix mashed potatoes. It worked, and had easy quick serving sizes. 

• How far along are you? 7w4d

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Don't Know Yet? We will find out via cfDNA testing at 10-11 weeks

How old are your other kid(s)? DS is 19 months

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- I have a pacifier-related dilemma. DS is somewhat addicted and I've been pretty relaxed about it but I just suddenly panicked thinking that if I try to take away and then he sees the new baby with one then he's going to freak out. So should I take it away now to give him more time to adapt? I'm not ready!! And he's in a sleep regression too, which would make this particularly poor timing.

GTKY:  What is something you thought you needed the first time around but never actually used? We did a pretty job being a minimalist with my first because we lived in a small apartment and didn't set up a nursery. But I still have stuff that didn't get used. We also had WAY too many blankets and swaddles, too many burp cloths (but DS wasn't a spitty baby). I also never used a nursing cover, the Nose Frida, those velcro swaddle things, baby socks, hats. And honestly, we've used our stroller only a half dozen times ever because I prefer to babywear. That may change with #2 though!
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • @redheadbride15 I was thinking about the binkie thing too.  DS is definitely addicted, but he knows he is only allowed to have it when he's sleeping or in the carseat.  If he finds one any other time, we take it away and tell him "binkies are for bedtime".  It seems like if he gets this now at only 13.5M, he'll be able to understand that something isn't his when the baby comes?  Maybe I'm being optimistic
  • How far along are you? 8w5d according to LMP, 9w1d according to baby's scan yesterday or 8w2d according to my positive ovulation test. Hahahaha! We're going to go with 8w5d. 

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Don't Know Yet? Don't know, probably will find out at 20 weeks.

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- I feel so lazy not being able to work out like I want to. And a weenie because it's cold so I don't really want to go outside to my car in shorts. Lol. Also I think I am coming down with a cold so that sucks. RLP hurts when I cough. 

GTKY:  What is something you thought you needed the first time around but never actually used? Bottle warmer. Useless. 
  • @redheadbride15 I was thinking about the binkie thing too.  DS is definitely addicted, but he knows he is only allowed to have it when he's sleeping or in the carseat.  If he finds one any other time, we take it away and tell him "binkies are for bedtime".  It seems like if he gets this now at only 13.5M, he'll be able to understand that something isn't his when the baby comes?  Maybe I'm being optimistic
    DS only uses it for bedtime too, or in “emergencies” when he’s really cranky (we bring in on plane rides, long public outings, etc). Most of the time it’s hidden and he doesn’t miss it - he hasn’t had one in daycare for a long time, for example. But if it’s within his sight and not in his mouth he will scream and there’s no reasoning with him. Hence my concern. I think it may have been easier at 13 mo than at 19 mo to be honest!
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
  • @redheadbride15 Well...shoot.  That isn't going to help me then.  lol  :#
  • @livinthesunnylife maybe your DS will be a better toddler than mine, haha!
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
  • How far along are you? 6w5d according to LMP and O date

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Don't Know Yet? We don't know yet, but will be finding out. I will be 35 when I deliver, so need to figure out if Harmony test and the like are covered or not. If not, we will find out at the A/S

How old are your other kid(s)? 2.5

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- Raves - DS started in the early preschool room this week and he's so excited! He was reunited with a few old friends and has been talking about them non-stop. We also moved him to his toddler bed last a week and a half ago and he's doing SO awesome. It was an easy transition and I'm so thankful he's a good sleeper. I know I'm probably doomed with #2 because I can't be blessed twice!! He's turning into quite a cool little dude.
    Rant - He's already in threenager mode at times. Soooo many dramatics and whining. We are trying hard not to give in all the time, putting our foot down, counteracting it all, but damn it's tough sometimes!

GTKY:  What is something you thought you needed the first time around but never actually used? We went pretty minimal with DS because we were in a small condo and did not have a ton of space. He hated the bouncer, but that's about it. Also, I didn't BF for long because of a lot of issues, so I didn't get any use out of my nursing bras, tanks or covers. I'm hoping that'll be different this time around though.

Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• @7425cait Hope DD feels better soon! We've battled a couple rough coughs this winter and needed our nebulizer and steroids and it's never fun.

@westphilly DS was the same way when he turned 2 last May - a flip switched. He is so sweet, but when he gets upset he will hit anything next to him and say "No mama!" or something along those lines. We've really worked on taking deep breaths for him to calm down, which actually work really well! I have him take 3 deep breaths and then he has to apologize to me and DH or whoever is around. Then we work on "gentle hands" and I have him show me what that means. It is basically him 'petting' us, but we talk about how gentle hands are kind and hitting is not, etc. He has definitely gotten better over time and we find that the consistency with doing this each time has helped a ton. He calms down a lot faster than he used to!

@juliebird6 how is the 1 nap going? I was so terrified of this, but DS adjusted well and it was actually SO NICE! I love him taking one long nap on the weekends because we can actually get things down around the house and plan our mornings or afternoons accordingly and still get out of the house, too!
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• @lolog531 Right now, we are basically in the stage where she takes two absolute garbage naps (like 20 min).  There have been a few days where she only got one nap, but it's not consistent enough where that nap actually turns out to be a good one.  So, it's just constant meltdown mode in our house.  Hoping we pass this stage quickly.
  • @Firemanswife11 I LOVED MY BOTTLE WARMER! But I EP'ed so I prob wouldn't have used it as much if we were just BF or formula. It was a lifesaver for me tho.
    @melprop I can sympathize with you on the picking up bad behaviors at school. There is a child with ODD (oppositional defiance/defiant disorder) at our daycare, and DS is definitely picking up some of those behaviors, which is very frustrating.
    @lolog531 I'm dreading transferring to the toddler bed!! Glad it went smoothly for you!

How far along are you? 
    9+2
    don't know yet, will find out at A/S
    DS turned 2 in November
    I am loving DS's growing vocabulary. It is so nice to be able to communicate with him more clearly! Although, the times when it's most important to communicate well - like when he's worked up or upset about something - are the times he struggles most, but I think that's fairly normal. It's so cool to be able to have actual conversations with him tho! He asked to sit on the potty the other night, which was a pleasant surprise!
    So many outfits. He mostly wore white Gerber onesies. I loved rompers as he got older - less work during diaper changes. We were pretty minimalistic with our registry. I ended up NEVER using my Boppy, but again, that could have been just because we weren't able to BF. I kept it in case BF works this time around. We also hardly ever used the glider, but we do use it fairly often now at bedtime. He was one of those babies who didn't want you to sit down while holding him. He could be dead to the world asleep if I was holding/wearing him (even standing still), and he would instantly wake up and lose his mind if I tried to sit down. I have no idea how he could tell. 
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • @lakesideknitter That sounds awful!  I hope the next one lets you sit down!
  • How far along are you?

8+6

Green! 

DS is around 22 months 

Rave: DH scored tickets to the Patriots game this weekend! I'm pumped! 

A crib? Jk. Although we didn't use it really until a few months ago. DS didnt like the bouncy chair so we got rid of it. Not a fan of bumbo style seats.  

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • suzystar829suzystar829 member
    edited January 2018
    How far along are you? 7 weeks, 2 days

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Don't Know Yet? Team Green again! Loved the surprise for #1 because how many true surprises do you get in life?!

How old are your other kid(s)? 14 months

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else). DS is an overly active child, who rarely naps, never sits still and hates being held. And he is currently going through the stage of eating things and loving them one day, hating the next, etc. It makes meal times REAL fun...

GTKY:  What is something you thought you needed the first time around but never actually used? I was pretty minimalistic for DS (I think anyway), but the one thing I never got use out of was the Ergobaby. That is only because DS hates being held and confined... even as a bitty baby. I am jealous of those who got use out of wraps and carriers!

@livinthesunnylife DS is also in the insatiable phase only for what he wants, which is basically cheerios. Getting him in the door from daycare is a nightmare too! Im just off an hour commute for work, he is screaming for food, the dog and cats are swarming for food... hot mess here too!
  • How far along are you? 
    9+1
    Don’t know yet. Haven’t decided if we’re doing the blood test or not.
    DS is 20 months
    This pregnancy is kicking my butt. Why couldn’t this have happened last time instead when I didn’t have a toddler to care for? My patience is low, and when I cry in frustration, DS cries, too. Poor kid. But otherwise he’s just the typical sour patch kid toddler.

The baby bullet. Like @7425cait we ended up doing BLW and returned it for store credit.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• How far along are you? 
    11 weeks today. 

Boy/Girl/Team Green/Don’t Know Yet?
    Dont know yet but am getting blood work tomorrow and we’ll find out when we get those results.

Rants/Raves/Questions (Related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)-
    I just wish food tasted good today. DS and I had a PJ day today, are snacks, and watched too much TV (Thomas the Train), but he’s been super sweet today. We needed a day like this. 

GTKY: What is something you thought you needed the first time around but never actually used? 

Newborn clothes. My son was big and went straight to 3 months. 

• How far along are you? 10 weeks tomorrow! 

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Don't Know Yet? don’t know yet, waiting to hear when my appt is for nipt and nt and I should know a week after 

How old are your other kid(s)? 6.5, almost 5, 2.5

my oldest... ugh. Another note home about behavior in school. He’s high energy and can lack self control at times, extremely smart (so sometimes bored)... lethal. Don’t know what to do with him

swing. Actually didn’t think we needed it and got it to see if it would help but it didn’t and no kid had liked it yet 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• How far along are you? 
    10w5d

Should know next week

Almost 13, 7, and just turned 4

Four year old has totally regressed with toilet training. Just like everything has gone out the window. And I’m too tired to deal. So we are using pull ups until I’m second tri with some more energy. Frustrating. 

All of it. Lol. The first time, we went crazy. Thousands of dollars. Now I know. Just need my boobs and some diapers, oh and a car seat but not an infant - a convertible. Truly. The rest is unnecessary. :) We bedshare and I use an ergo for getting around. I don’t use a diaper bag. Just shove a diaper in the ergo. Babies are truly so simple. :)
  • How far along are you? 
    10w2d

Don't know yet. We were team green the first time around but I think we are going to find out at 20weeks

I'm trying to not think about becoming a STM. I have no idea how I'm going juggle them both

There wasn't too much that we didn't use. We bought a couple of brands of bottle but ended up with Dr Browns. He did hate the Boba carrier and the Baby Ktan carrier. I ended up getting different ones that he was more comfortable with.

• How far along are you? 
    10w2d

Dont know but going for NIPT Friday so hopefully should know at my 12 week appt or sooner. 

4 years old, 5 in april though

Rants are that he’s turning sassy and seems to think we’re mean if we don’t instantly listen or do what he wants to do that exact minute. 

Raves are hes he’s really good at self entertaining himself when I haven’t been feeling great some days so it’s nice!

a baby carrier. I didn’t really baby wear and I didn’t like the one we got, so wasn’t a big deal that I didn’t use it. However with DS in activities I’m sure we will be on the go more so I need to do my research and get an easy bit good one for this baby. 
  • How far along are you? 
    I0 weeks today!
    Don’t know yet but we plan to find out at the anatomy scan.
    DD1 is 7, DD2 is 3 and DD3 is 2. My last two kids were 14 months apart and I needed a bit more of a gap this time after that experience.  :D

This is my first pregnancy with morning sickness and it has been rough taking care of toddlers all day when the smell of most foods makes me nauseas and I spend the morning praying to the porcelain gods.  
    I think my 3 year old is also ready to give up her nap and I’m kind of dreading it because nap time is the best and I get so much done in that time! 

It’s hard to recall all the way back to my first but I know we bought a bunch of gadgets that never got used like a bottle warmer! With my last baby I thought we’d need bottles but apparently didn’t because DD3 refused them no matter what we tried. She would only nurse until she was about 8 months and finally decided a straw cup would be another acceptable way to drink her milk. 

*YCSWU July Siggy*

• @lizq2 this baby will be 14 months younger than my DD2.  My first 2 are 2 years apart, both June.  I'm enthused that you wanted another kid after having two so close together!  This will definitely be our last but it was unplanned and we had been hoping for another 2 year gap.  Whoops.  DD2 is a super easy baby though thankfully.
  • @delujm0  There was quite a long period after DD3 was born that I swore up and down I would never have another haha! She was an incredibly challenging and crabby baby though  and her toddler sister turned into a super wild climber the week after the baby was born. They are the cutest little best friends now and after getting through the rough beginning I actually love having them this close in age. I think it definitely depends on their personalities and how fussy the baby is more than anything! This will be our last one too, it’s so bittersweet. 

*YCSWU July Siggy*

• delujm0 said:
    @lizq2 this baby will be 14 months younger than my DD2.  My first 2 are 2 years apart, both June.  I'm enthused that you wanted another kid after having two so close together!  This will definitely be our last but it was unplanned and we had been hoping for another 2 year gap.  Whoops.  DD2 is a super easy baby though thankfully.
    Mine are 14.5 months apart. It was super tough for several months. L was still so much of a baby himself. Now that they are both over 1 it’s super fun. They play together, l reads to E, he protects her, and shared toys and snacks. It’s just awesome to see the bff bind happening in my house.

• How far along are you? 
    7 weeks 5 days

Don't know yet. I have a big feeling it is a boy

My daughter is 5, going on 15!

Austyn is super excited to be a big sister, but she is testing my patience a little more each day and I have no energy to deal with it. I don't remember ever being this tired or emotional. Cried all day the other day and when my husband got in the car he made a joke that made me tear up instantly. She is in the back seat and says "there she goes again. She has been doing this all day Daddy" so that's been fun.

The vibrating bouncy seat. She hated it!

• How far along are you? 9 weeks

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Don't Know Yet?  Don’t know yet. 

How old are your other kid(s)? Four

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- I am excited to see how my daughter is going to be with a new baby in the house. She constantly talks about how she is growing up and it makes me sad. 

GTKY:  What is something you thought you needed the first time around but never actually used? A pack in play. My daughter wasn’t having it. So we never used it. It is in the attic now so we will pull it out for this baby. 

• How far along are you? 8w 5d

Going to find out 

5 ds
    4ds
     14month dd

My DD has been so easy with teething unlike her big brothers were well i guess i questioned it to much because teething is here. Big brothers have big attitudes and DS2 is going through a big eating stage again curse DH metabolism i can't clean up our last meal fast enough before he wants to eat again! I'm terrified how he is going to be when he is a teenager. 

Changing table let's get real i was too tired to walk over there i just picked DS from his bassinet straight to my bed to change him

Bottle warmer too way to long

Carrier his chunky legs would get hurt everytime so he hated it

The bumbo was the worst DS was a super chunky baby he never fit in it right. 

I used to think newborn clothes since both my boys went straight to 3-6months but when i had my DD everyone ran out to the store to by newborns she was this little thing.