Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Toddler waking up too early!

Help! My 19 month old has been waking up between 4:30-5am for months. I’m pregnant and exhausted fighting this battle and willing to try anything! She goes to bed about 7-7:30 (I’ve tried as early as 6:30 and as late as 8, doesn’t seem to make any difference), naps from about 12-2 each day. She wakes up upset and clearly still tired but won’t go back to sleep. She’s typically not up any other time in the night. We check on her once when she wakes but leave her in her crib until 6. She has a white noise machine and an “okay to wake clock” that goes on at 6, blackout curtains (not that the sun will be up for hours anyway

Re: Toddler waking up too early!

• kerothe said:
    Help! My 19 month old has been waking up between 4:30-5am for months. I’m pregnant and exhausted fighting this battle and willing to try anything! She goes to bed about 7-7:30 (I’ve tried as early as 6:30 and as late as 8, doesn’t seem to make any difference), naps from about 12-2 each day. She wakes up upset and clearly still tired but won’t go back to sleep. She’s typically not up any other time in the night. We check on her once when she wakes but leave her in her crib until 6. She has a white noise machine and an “okay to wake clock” that goes on at 6, blackout curtains (not that the sun will be up for hours anyway
    Some kids naturally wake early. I think the okay to wake clock probably needs some training to be effective, but otherwise she might just be an early riser. Or it could be any number of other things, like a sleep regression or teething. Try to hang in there and go to bed early in preparation for an early morning. Hopefully it will resolve itself.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::