September 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms w/o 1/8

2»

Re: Weekly randoms w/o 1/8

• Options
    @southernlady07 I agree—PT is my fantasy scenario too. While I’d totally appreciate being a FT SAHM, I love what I studied in school and I love being able to share that with others. I don’t know that i could give that up entirely (not to mention the adult interaction).  I would LOVE more time with DS and this hypothetical bundle of joy though!
  • Options
    In response to the subway cold cut sandwich which has me on the brink of salivating I will say (and maybe this goes in the unpopular opinion?) That I totally eat deli meat while pregnant. I barely get enough protein as is, and as long as it's not from some gross place or being recalled I'm gonna eat it. 
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @smsaulino that lemon chocolate sounds like torture!

You guys can also put me on team deli meat. Dr gave me the OK. Also, based on CDC statistics pregnant women are 10 times more likely to get listeria putting them at.... Less than a 0.1% chance of infection. Just don't eat old funky stuff.... Or salad because that's always what I hear about in the news
  • Options
    Also... Does anyone else keep getting weird Amazon pop ups on bump mobile? They keep trying to tell me I won a prize and I keep not believing them
  • Options
    EErin86 said:
    Also... Does anyone else keep getting weird Amazon pop ups on bump mobile? They keep trying to tell me I won a prize and I keep not believing them
    I do! I have to close all my apps and restart my browser to get it to go away
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • Options
    @EErin86 I'm kinda jelly right now... lol. At my first appointment, my OB told me no deli meat. The other night when we went to Target I smelled the hot dogs in the cafe as soon as we walked in and was tempted to get one but I wasn't for sure if I could. Got a call back from the medical assistant yesterday and the food I'm off limits to includes hot dogs. Ugh.....  
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    So my other random is my bff just decided on the bridesmaids dresses for her wedding in May. There are four of us and one is due in August so we will be rocking similar size bumps by then. I'm waiting til my US this week to see if I need to order a size up, but my friend sent 3 options of dresses to choose, two I LOVED, one I HATED (an off the shoulder high waisted almost peasant top thing with sequins) and apparently all the other girls chose that one so, hooray. I'm seriously bummed, but I love her and would wear a bag if she asked. Speaking of, how many sizes up would you order if you were 5 months? I'm a STM, my bump at that time last go was like a basketball. 
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • Options
    @Jyoung327 when you order your dress you should be able to ask the dress store what they think, they are pretty good at guessing (unless it's David's bridal that's a total dice roll)
  • Options
    EErin86 said:
    @Jyoung327 when you order your dress you should be able to ask the dress store what they think, they are pretty good at guessing (unless it's David's bridal that's a total dice roll)
    Problem is were just ordering from an online place, I have to get measurements to figure out my size right now even cuz they're weird sizes 
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • Options
    Well that makes buying a dress much more difficult. If there is zero option of buying the dress from a store you could find somewhere that does alterations, have them measure you, then ask about sizing. 
  • Options
    @Jyoung327 So glad you asked this question! I’m in a wedding in June. The idea of having to order something soon but wait to have it altered is stressful. Is there a customer service line you can call? I’ve lucked out and the bride is letting us choose our dresses within a color scheme. 
  • Options
    Speaking of weddings - H's sister is engaged but we haven't heard when the wedding will be yet. His family is kinda weird and aren't great at communicating, and I just really hope they haven't already booked something that may not work for us! We're planning on telling his family if our ultrasound goes well, but that isn't for 3 more weeks. I LOVE weddings and would hate to have to miss one if they book it right around when this baby is due! My youngest sister just booked her wedding for 3/31/19 - which - assuming all goes well, of course - would give me 6 whole months to 1) Get the new baby sleeping well enough that I'm no longer a zombie and could actually enjoy myself and 2) Hopefully get back in shape enough to feel good about my body again. 

In other baby-related news, I took another HPT this morning (letting myself test every 2 days until I'm out of cheapies) - I just threw away all my tests from when I was pregnant with DS a few weeks ago, but it's interesting to see how the two sets are different. I had a suuuuuper faint line at 14DPO with him, and it took maybe two weeks after that for the line to get as dark as the control. This time, I tested positive at 10DPO and the line was just as dark as the control at 14DPO. Yes, I enjoy peeing on sticks and I'm not about to change.
    Engaged 12/2013
    Married 5/2015
    BFP 11/27/2015 - EDD 8/4/2016
    <3 Baby Boy born 8/13/2016 ~ 8lbs 7oz  <3
    BFP 1/6/2018 - EDD 9/19/2018

• Options
    @EErin86 I keep getting that Amazon thing too and it freezes up my app so I have to close it down and reopen. The other day it did it 3 times in a row and I gave up. I thought I had gotten a virus on my phone or something. 

• Options
    Had to push our first appt back a couple days to accommodate DH’s work trip. Not a big deal but I am so impatient to see the little smush. 
  • Options
    @spottedginger That sucks. I think we all get so excited for that first appointment that even pushing it back a few days feels like torture!

Im currently watching food network and am already pumped to make freezer meals for when LO is here! I made probably 12 meals before DS and I easily want to double that. Plus, I hear the meal train situation is way more meager with #2!