19 month old wakes up too early — The Bump
Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

19 month old wakes up too early

My son will be 19 months this week. He recently started sleeping through without waking for a bottle at 4am and going back to sleep. I weaned him off the bottle last month. He used to sleep for 12 hours with a couple night wakes for a bottle.  But since i transitioned him to a straw cup for milk he wakes at 5am and doesnt go back to sleep. He gets total 9 hours at nighr and onky naps 1.5 hours in the day. He used to nap for 2-3 hours. 
I tried putting him back on 2 naps a day but that didnt do anything. I also tried a later sleep time but hes sleepy by 730pm. 

Back story. Weve coslept since he was born. He never liked the crib. I also have a 3 month old and we all cosleep together (myself and my son and daughter). My living situation and income doesnt give me the luxury to give them each their own room at the moment but i know they will need it eventually.

Anyway, My daughter has no trouble sleeping through the night but when my son wakes up he screams bloody murder sometimes or he will start blabbering and making noise.

Is this a phase? Is it because he has a new sister?