January 2018 Moms
Options

False Labor

I'm 39 wks 5 days and started getting contractions yesterday morning.  Saw my OB who tracked my contractions and checked my cervix (2 cm).  He sent me home and said "I'll see you at the hospital later!".  I tracked my contractions for several hours...3-5 min apart and getting stronger.  I had back labor with my DD, so I have no frame of reference for what a "normal" contraction should feel like.  Went to the hospital around 6 pm and was still only 2 cm.  They let us decide whether we wanted to stay or leave.  As I was still contracting regularly, opted to stay.  Around 10 pm, the pain drastically subsided and we went home. No contractions during the night or this morning.  So disappointed.  I thought that the second time around I would KNOW when it was the real thing!  Guess not.  Now we wait....again...

Re: False Labor

• Options
    I feel your pain! I’m pregnant with #3 and still don’t know for sure what real (normal) labor pains feel like because of previous back labor. 
    The advice my doctor gave was “if you can’t smile through it, it isn’t the real deal”. 
  • Options
    We had false labor with My first two and induced with the first so I really had no idea. With #3 I am trying to avoid that again.  I will agree that with contractions you will get to the point where you can't be nice.  I had all i could do not to cuss out my nurse because she was being slow to get me registered and checked in.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I was first admitted the contractions were 5 min apart and I was dilated to a 5. They got stronger until midnight then they stopped. I wasn't released the next day but the nurse made sure to tell me every time she came into the room that it was false labor, I was so annoyed with her.
  • Options
    Same here, contractions were 3 mins apart for 2 hours at home. (had some at my doctor appt earlier in day while on NST and both doctor and nurse said you are having good contractions). Got to hospital when they were 2.5 mins apart but since I was only 1cm dilated and they subsided they set me home.