May 2018 Moms
Options

Physical health check-in 1/5

This thread is for those who are trying to maintain physical activity throughout pregnancy. It can be walking around the block, hitting the gym, training for a marathon, and everything in between.

There is no physical activity too small during pregnancy.

How far along?

How did this week go for you?

How are you feeling about your exercise?

What color is your gear? What color are your shoes or main workout outfits?
Lame I know, someone help me with one for next week!

Re: Physical health check-in 1/5

• Options

How far along?

20w5d

Awful, but that's because I have this terrible cold.

It'd be great if I felt up to going. My fun nemesis is back and I love working out at the same time as him because we push each other. 

I went with pink - pink shoes, pink boxing gloves, pink hand wraps, pinkish gym bag. I do have 2 normal workout outfits that are pink themed, but they do not currently fit my body structure. 

• Options

How far along? 23+4

How did this week go for you? So much better! So far, I’ve walked once and done yoga three times  

How are you feeling about your exercise? Encouraged.  I’m making a conscious effort and hoping to keep it up  

What color is your gear? What color are your shoes or main workout outfits?  I don’t have a specific color, but I am partial to the Nike running capris because they have a zipper pocket. My shirts vary in color. My shoes are currently a teal, black, and raspberry combo. I love them!

@suchaglencoco I’m sorry you aren’t feeling well. I hope it passes quickly. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kpc914kpc914 member
    edited January 2018

How far along? 22w5d

How did this week go for you? getting a lot better! Still nauseated all day every day, but have been managing to fit in a 7:30am gym session (OTF) 3 days already this week. 

How are you feeling about your exercise? I am feeling decent. I get tired easily and lost a TON of my strength. But, right now I am focusing on trying to work out frequently, even if it means that the work outs themselves are not very strenuous. 

All black everything

@mileswithmyles I need to get back into yoga!

@suchaglencoco I hope your cold passes soon! I can barely function pregnant, let alone pregnant with a cold. 

• Options

How far along?

19+6

Really bad and I have no excuse for it   I'm going to go to the gym tomorrow morning no matter what

I'm mad at myself for not staying motivated but I keep reminding myself it's not too late to get started on a good routine

I almost always wear my college colors which are black and maroon because I have a ton of tshirts and gym shorts that we'd get for free every year on the swim team.  

I've been having a hard time deciding what to listen to lately so I'd be interested in hearing what music everyone else likes to work out to.  Maybe that's a GTKY for next week? @suchaglencoco

• Options

How far along? 22w5d

How did this week go for you? Good, I finally started running more. This week I did some barre, running + squats (new yr resolution), and I just started a weekly aqua aerobics class (my friend suggested it--it's okay...I'm mostly doing it to try to make pregnant friends). 

How are you feeling about your exercise? Good. Would like to run further and squat more. Hoping this motivation doesn't fizzle like most of my new year's resolutions.  

What color is your gear? What color are your shoes or main workout outfits? My sneakers are hot pink. My leggings are mostly black and then I like colorful tops. I haven't bought pregnancy fitness outfits yet and I'm dreading having to spend money on that  :/ 

@mileswithmyles I totally agree with the zipper capris. Whenever I go running outside, I need a pocket for my keys. I used to tie them in my shoelaces before making a zipper a requirement of my pants/shorts. 

@suchaglencoco below are my kickboxing gloves. I'm obsessed with them. 

Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @fraufarbissina sometimes I just make myself go to the gym without thinking too much about it. 9/10 times I get into the mood as soon as I start exercising but there have been times that I try for 5 minutes, decide it’s not happening, and that’s okay... at least I tried! You’re right, though, it’s not too late to get in the habit and I hope you can find your groove :)

@suchaglencoco I hope the cold passes quickly! 

@mileswithmyles  your shoes sound cute! I ordered some new (boring black and white) Altras earlier this week and have been waiting for them like 

• Options

How far along? 23+3

How did this week go for you? not bad! I missed on Monday and Tuesday but got my HIIT workouts in the last three days and I’m going to try to get to dance Fitness tomorrow morning since I know I’ll miss Monday and Tuesday.

How are you feeling about your exercise? Good, but I can definitely feel that extra weight. I had to drop to lower weights this week because I was trying to do my usual on squats and it felt like my ass was weighing me down... but the holiday carbs were worth it! I also ordered a mesh support belt and I need to start using that.

What color is your gear? What color are your shoes or main workout outfits? mainly black/gray/dark blue with some teal and pink tops.

• Options
    @justsuzie I bought maternity yoga pants from beyond yoga. They weren't cheap, but have been a game changer. I agree.....it was getting hard to even motivate myself to workout when my pants were digging into my stomach. 
  • Options
    @silverhope, those are pretty sweet gloves!!!

@fraufarbissina, I feel like I just did a music GTKY, but maybe that was another thread? I'll try to remember for next week to put the question up. 
  • Options
    @fraufarbissina when I was training for long distance runs, I would put on "All Day" by Girl Talk. It's over an hour of music (he mixes rap and rock and pop songs) so it ate up a good chunk of my run. 

I'm kind of a weird person (at least acc. DH) bc I can listen to the same song about 300x in a row before getting tired of it. I have been listening to "All Day" for years (I only listen on long runs) and it still amps me up every time. 

(If this is the GTKY for next week, I'll list what I listen to for workouts that aren't long runs so I'm not boring ppl with a  repeat.)

• Options
    @kpc914 I am shooting for frequency right now as well. I’ve given up on running because I was putting too much pressure on myself. You’re killing it this week!

@fraufarbissina you can do it!  

@silverhope zippers for life.

@silverhope @justsuzie I got a good deal on some maternity workout gear from Target. 

@MissusTexas I need new shoes. Getting them is so exiting!  

@rachelg777 I pull most of them off of Pinterest.  I order the same shoes over and over too. Mine are Brooks Ghosts. 

• Options
    @mileswithmyles that’s a good idea, I always forget about Pinterest.
  • Options
    @silverhope.... in my kickboxing class we don't actually get to hit or kick anything.  It is pretty anticlimactic.

@mileswithmyles @kpc914 I need maternity clothes for short people. I am only 5 feet tall.  Will either of those options work for me?

• Options
    @justsuzie, what????
    That's almost all we do in our class!
  • Options
    @suchaglencoco My class is a "faux" kickboxing class...it is just all the movements without making contact.  Now that I am explaining it, it sounds silly. 
  • Options
    @justsuzie I’m only 5 2, so you should be good!
  • Options
    @suchaglencoco maybe I missed the music question!  I didn't check in to this thread for a few weeks because I've been a lazy bum
  • Options
    @MissusTexas I like that technique!  I'm gonna start using it.  One of my favorite sayings is "Action comes before motivation".  if you wait until you're ready to start doing something, you never will.  I'm totally turning into my mom.. she always says this but it's really true! 
  • Options
    @suchaglencoco maybe I missed the music question!  I didn't check in to this thread for a few weeks because I've been a lazy bum
    No worries!!! Again, I think it was here, but who knows! I've lost my mind this pregnancy, ha.

@justsuzie,  I asked DH about those kickboxing classes and he said they're good cardio. So not silly! I just like to punch things, ha 
  • Options
    DH has a VR boxing game and I could only do two rounds when I tried it- it was hard! I bet those “faux” boxing classes are just as good but I wouldn’t mind actually having some contact on a bad day  :p
  • Options
    @justsuzie I've done one of the "faux" classes and they are definitely great cardio! I agree with @suchaglencoco that I like punching things :D  so I like the classes with bags too. It's a nice stress relief.

That said, I hate the ones where you spar with other people in the class bc I once had a friend go with me and she kept missing the mitts/cushioning and kicking me in the forearm. I had so many bruises after. 

So I like punching a bag that can't punch back  :)

• Options
    @silverhope I want to hit things too.