1st Trimester
Options

Sister due next week and I just got BFP

My sister is due with her first baby on the 9th, and just today I got a positive hpt. It's my second baby. Of course I'm a bit nervous announcing anything before 12w but I did announce to my immediate family right away with my DD. Should i tell her this weekend, nonchalantly of course, or wait until after her baby is born? Also when the baby is born my parents will be staying with me for a few weeks and im afraid they might catch wind that somethings up with me, e.g. no coffee or wine

Re: Sister due next week and I just got BFP

• Options
    You said you already announced to immediate family, but you're worried they will catch wind? That doesn't make sense. 

I would tell your sister the same time you're telling your other close family. If you're worried about "stealing thunder," don't be. Stealing thunder is not a thing. 
  • Options
    Wait, what?
    If your sister and your parents aren't your immediate family - who is?

Just tell them all at the same/similar time. Everyone will be excited for both of you.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My sister is due with her first baby on the 9th, and just today I got a positive hpt. It's my second baby. Of course I'm a bit nervous announcing anything before 12w but I did announce to my immediate family right away with my DD. Should i tell her this weekend, nonchalantly of course, or wait until after her baby is born? Also when the baby is born my parents will be staying with me for a few weeks and im afraid they might catch wind that somethings up with me, e.g. no coffee or wine
    Just tell her now. Trust me, having an actual baby for people to cuddle trumps telling people you’re pregnant. It’s pretty much impossible to steal her thunder. If anything she’ll probably be super excited because her kid will have a cousin to play with.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    No, with my first child I announced right away. That's what I was referring to.
  • Options
    No, with my first child I announced right away. That's what I was referring to.
    Ah, ok. My advice stays the same. Tell her the same time you tell other close family. When you tell your sister and other family should not be affected by her being pregnant. I mean, maybe don't do it the exact same day simply because everything is going to be crazy, but other than that, whenever. 
  • Options
    Agree with the others. I probably wouldn’t announce it like in the hospital while you are visiting her after just having her baby, but either now before the baby is born or shortly after is totally fine. 
    Me: 31  DH: 32
    Married: 10/3/15 
    TTC: May 2017
    BFP: 7/20/17
    EDD: 3/29/18
  • Options
    Also, drink your coffee. 200mg a day WILL NOT HURT YOUR BABY. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker