August 2018 Moms
Options

No nausea?

ghatt87ghatt87 member
edited January 2018 in August 2018 Moms
Any moms out there not having nausea symptoms? I read an article that said nausea is generally associated with better pregnancy outcomes, less miscarriage and still births. This article was on the bump website

Re: No nausea?

• Options
    I had no nausea with my first son and he's perfect.  Don't let anxiety get the best of you.
  • Options
    I have very little nausea, and pretty much only after I eat or when I'm riding the bus and reading my phone (hello random new motion sickness). There has been some research done in this area (https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2553283 for example). But from my reading, right now there might be a correlation, but they don't know causation. I wouldn't stress yourself out too much at this stage, but if you are concerned, I would talk to you your OB. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had almost none in my first pregnancy. Only if I got too hungry. I wish it were the same this time! Try to enjoy it.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I have very little-to-no nausea, also. Same last time--DS was fine. Of course, I am just one person and one data point...like a pp said, if you are really worried, definitely talk to your OB. Dr. google sometimes leads us down rabbit holes and OBs can pull us out! 

It's so hard not to worry, but honestly, I think those of us that escape morning sickness should consider ourselves lucky. And don't worry--there are plenty of other symptoms coming down the pike :-P   
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    Some women breeze thru their pregnancy. Look at the bright side, you don’t feel like ish. 
  • Options
    I had zero nausea with my son. Enjoy it. It was a beautiful, easy pregnancy. And he’s a healthy 2yo boy. 
  • Options
    No nausea for me either! Let's hope this is just our lucky time!
  • Options
    I had zero nausea in my first pregnancy and a labor from hell. But DS was/is fine and a crazy active 14 month old now. So far no nausea in this one, and I am knocking on wood as I write this..
  • Options
    While there may be an association that doesn’t mean an individual will necessarily see that result.

first 3 pregnancies: zero morning sickness. Easy first tri (trust, plenty of complaints later). Healthy full term pregnancies. 
    Pregnancies 4-5? Morning sickness, mostly just queasy often and aversions. Both ended in miscarriage. 

This is one I’m having worse than ever ms and I seem to have passed the point where my losses occurred.

easy to worry in the first tri, but try to enjoy that you feel ok!

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    ghatt87 said:
    Any moms out there not having nausea symptoms? I read an article that said nausea is generally associated with better pregnancy outcomes, less miscarriage and still births. This article was on the bump website
    Can you link that article? I read two on the bump website and didn't see that mentioned. I'd love to see stats on that. No nausea with DS and barely any this pregnancy. I'd hate for a thread/article like this to scare FTMs. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Like others said. My first pregnancy was a friggin breeze. I'd be pregnant permanently if my first pregnancy was all pregnancies. The only time I EVER felt sick with my son was when I had a migraine (which I have suffered from since age 5). 
  • Options
    My boys both morning sickness and the only pregnancy that i miscarried i has morning sickness. My daughter nothing absolutely. This time about the same as my daughter. And my daughter was and still is absolutely perfect lol. 
  • Options
    I barely had any morning sickness with my pregnancy with my daughter... only when I was brushing my teeth or super hungry. She’s the best kid I could have hoped for and healthy as can be!
  • Options
    I'm noticing most of the no nausea ladies ended up with boys.  I have heard ms is worse when youre having a girl, which seems to be the case here.
  • Options
    I had some nausea between week 6 and 9 with ds but none this round. It seems each pregnancy is different. All we can pray/hope for are healthy pregnancies and healthy babies. 
  • Options
    mbrowling said:
    I'm noticing most of the no nausea ladies ended up with boys.  I have heard ms is worse when youre having a girl, which seems to be the case here.
    That’s the owt! 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    I had very little nausea with my first and I remember being worried about it too! Sometimes you just get lucky and don't have it!! I am 7 weeks today, and this pregnancy is a whole other story!!!   :|
  • Options
    6w5d, no real nausea or ms to speak of here yet. 

During my first pregnancy in which I had no symptoms beyond cramping and spotting that ended in a m/c, I'd read articles at the time saying that no morning sickness carries a higher incidence of m/c or sone such. It seemed a bit unsubstantiated to me at the time, beyond potentially purging bad for baby foods/toxins.

So this time I almost want it, just to set that niggling feeling in the back of my mind at ease, as stupid as it sounds. But at the same time I hate being nauseous or throwing up, the whole unpredictableness of it. Heh

Mostly I'm just being as zen as possible about it all. I'm doing what I can to stay healthy as far as my prenatals and diet, and what happens is out of my control. 

• Options
    @ecwk I can’t find it now but I know the article she’s referring to I read it as well. It was in my bump feed and said something about why morning sickness is a good thing
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Also I was sick for 18 weeks with my son. There isn’t a whole lot of anything to back up that theory or that heartburn means lots of hair as with my son I had horrendous heartburn even after the morning sickness stopped kid born with hair but very thin amount of it. 
    #imgoingsciencenotolfwivestales
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    pghctwife said:
    mbrowling said:
    That’s the owt! 
    My sister had m/s so bad she was prescribed meds for it. Thus, my mom was convinced I was having a girl when I told her I had none of those symptoms. And...it was a boy.I think it is different for everyone --if that even is a thing!
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    This is the only thing I could find and it doesn't mention still birth or a reduced risk of miscarriage. I really am curious to read the article OP mentioned. I googled lack of m/s innumerable times during my first pregnancy and I think I would have have severely panicked had I read something like that! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mbrowling said:
    I never had nausea, and I have two girls.  Some people's bodies just handle the pregnancy hormones better than others.  My BFF was sick for 18w with her son.
  • Options
    @ecwkFrom The Bump: "The Perks (We Swear!) Of Morning Sickness" https://www.thebump.com/a/the-perks-we-swear-of-morning-sickness Get the free Bump App: https://bit.ly/1UEYuli
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @roadspeckle thank you!! 
    Wow, I can definitely see how that could be reassuring to women experiencing m/s but that would have terrified me last time around. @ghatt87 I hope all the stories here that the ladies have shared make you feel better and realise that not having morning sickness does not mean an unhealthy pregnancy! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not having any but I did with DD1.  

I agree, though, symptoms can vary from person to person and it's not indicative of an issue.

• Options
    Yeah I’m personally ignoring that owt for now until I know the sex. Trying not to think about it...

ive heard that too about ms being a good sign for a healthy baby. I think it’s just bc it shows you have the high hormones (but you can have them without showing that symptom... but if your hormones are not right then maybe you also wouldn’t have ms? I think that’s sort of the gist of it. 

All that said my mild nausea lingered after my second loss, after the mc. So. Really means nothing. Takes the hormones a while to drop.

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    Three babies and this is my fourth and I have never had morning sickness. All very haopy, healthy babies over here.   My levels are always super high too.  Some people's bodies just handle the hormones better than others, that is, some are more sensitive to it than others.  Do not let that silly article worry you.    

• Options

Until I see multiple medical studies backed by scientific research that concludes that morning sickness and nausea are a sign that a pregnancy is healthy, I will continue to dismiss that as an OWT meant to make people with nausea feel better about it.  I know a ton of people with healthy children who were never sick for a day, and also several people that felt miserable and then lost that pregnancy.  This was repeatedly cited in the book Expecting Better by Emily Oster, which is a book that I really enjoyed, but even though nearly every other claim in the book was backed by research studies, this one was not.  And coincidentally, the author mentioned several times how sick she was when she was pregnant.  I just think it's bunk.

I've already had 2 symptomless pregnancies.  while I know it is frustrating to not have any symptoms, especially in the weeks before you have your first scan, and before you can feel the baby moving to calm your nerves, it's not a bad thing, and it doesn't mean that your pregnancy is doomed.  I'm thankful that I don't feel like garbage when I'm pregnant.  If I need reassurance that everything is ok, I pee on a cheepie HPT.

• Options
    @ecwkFrom The Bump: "The Perks (We Swear!) Of Morning Sickness" https://www.thebump.com/a/the-perks-we-swear-of-morning-sickness Get the free Bump App: https://bit.ly/1UEYuli
    Wow. So I just read this article and it actually really annoyed me.  I mean they even say those with MS have children with higher IQs.  I never had MS, and all three of my kids had great prenatal and  birth experiences.  All are super smart and happy and were great babies.  I just don't buy the information in this article at all.  I feel bad stuff like this is out there worrying FTMs  for no reason.  :( 

• Options
    I had very little nausea with my first. I'm currently having very little nausea now too, only when I'm hungry, typically. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    As a FTM, I was freaking out about not having any nausea as well. I went for my first U/S last Thursday, and everything is looking great, healthy heartbeat of 159, good cord connection, etc. I brought up my lack of nausea to the RN, and she said count your blessings. As others have said, every woman, and every pregnancy, is different, and it's totally normal (and not a sign of an unhealthy pregnancy) to not have nausea. I'm 8w4d today, and the nurse told me if I didn't have nausea by now, I probably wouldn't at all. Asked my mom about it, and she said she was not at all nauseous with my two older brothers, but got mildly nauseous with me (just to add more to that OWT everyone's on about). Count yourself one of the lucky ones! 
  • Options
    I’ve never had morning sickness with any of my pregnancies. 

____________________________________________________________________________________

TTC #1 since 10/11
    BFP #1-10/01/12 | ended in m/c11/19/12
    Jan-2013-Cycle 10: Clomid 50mg + Trigger + TI = BFN
    Feb-2013-Cycle 11: Benched due to cysts.
    March-2013-Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg + Trigger + TI = BFP
    4/22/13-Beta#1 33.9-- 4/24/13-Beta#2 117
    EDD 12/30/13

• Options
    My best friend never had morning sickness with either of hers. We were pregnant together with my first her second and I was so jealous! I agree with it’s how your body handles the hormones. Mine doesn’t handle them well...lol. 
  • Options
    I had no symptoms for the first half of my pregnancy with my son