June 2018 Moms
Options

STM+ Check-in [January]

12346»

Re: STM+ Check-in [January]

• Options
    @Xtabbikatx that's what I'm looking forward to. We're mostly sure this baby is a girl, but I'm not really believing it until the anatomy scan which is still two weeks away. Once we know for sure, we can pick a name and start calling baby that. I can't wait!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Xtabbikatx that's what I'm looking forward to. We're mostly sure this baby is a girl, but I'm not really believing it until the anatomy scan which is still two weeks away. Once we know for sure, we can pick a name and start calling baby that. I can't wait!
    yes!  Same!  Definitely not feeling attached yet, and hoping come Monday, after we find the sex out (hopefully!) and know everything's okay, i'll feel a little bit better.  
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sunshineandwhiskey, @May14th2011 hopefully it happens then. I was so surprised, but so happy we were having a girl. It was a mental shift in my head watching her on the ultrasound. She was hitting the ultrasound wand while being examined. She was moving and showing off her personality. 
  • Options
    @Xtabbikatx I definitely notice a stronger feeling of attachment after finding out the sex, both this pregnancy and my first. For some reason it seems more real when I can picture them (which is kind of silly, who knows what she will look like?)

Looking for some opinions about toddler sickness: My 16 month old caught the cold that MH and I have both had. He's stuffy, coughing and a little fussier than normal...not a big deal, but sad to see the little guy in pain. Yesterday afternoon I noticed small rashy areas on different parts of his body. I was concerned so I called the doctor right away. The triage nurse said that hives are a symptom of cold viruses (never knew that...) and I didn't need to bring him in right away. She did make us an appointment for this morning. The hives are mostly gone this morning with just a couple small spots remaining and they don't seem itchy or painful to him (after googling, I'm fairly certain that it is just hives...apparently I never knew what hives look like). 

So, my gut reaction says to call a cancel the appointment and just watch him the next couple of days. Every time I take him to the doctor "just in case" she looks at him for 1 minute, tells me its just a bug and I feel like its such a waste (20 mile drive each way + copay). But then I get that mom guilt that I should just take him in anyway. Soooo...what would you guys do? (*I know I shouldn't ask for medical advicr in an online forum, I just want to know if you think I'm crazy for not taking him in*)
  • Options
    @katelynrae86 I’d cancel if I were you. It sucks to see them sick but it sounds like just a cold.  
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @katelynrae86 If they're mostly gone and don't seem to be bothering him, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Then again, I'm the type of mom who throws $$$ away at the pedi's office all the time, and regrets most visits, because they were a waste of time. Follow your gut. If it gets worse, or doesn't go away by tomorrow, maybe then call back and see what they say. I brought DD in a few weeks back for what I was sure was something awful, only to be told that it was keratosis pilaris, which is essentially hardened goosebumps. It was comforting to be wrong, but still ended up costing me $50.
  • Options
    catlady1215catlady1215 member
    edited February 2018
    I also agree that I'd probably cancel. It doesn't happen to us, but i have heard of viruses causing a rash. And if he's not bothered, I'd just watch it. Any reason to stay out of a germy doctor's office waiting room this time of year is a good thing!! That's just my thought.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @katelynrae86 I would follow your gut.  That being said, I am the type of parent that i will only go to the Pedi if she has a fever over 102, or something else that is seriously bothering DD (Hand-foot-mouth for example).  Sometimes I like going in though, so it is listed on her record.  I like that her medical history is "complete." 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    katelynrae86katelynrae86 member
    edited February 2018
    @dinodna3 @kfren @catlady1215 @sunshineandwhiskey Thanks ladies, I'm going to go with my gut and just keep an eye on him...my very scientific consult with "doctor google" says they should go away on their own. Fingers crossed he's feeling better soon :)

edited for tagging!
  • Options
    and @kfren I am the same about taking DS in and regretting it. In December, he had his first fever and I took him in after it lasted more than a day. First thing the nurse does is take his temp...98.6...WTF? I should have been happy, but I'm thinking, "I swear he has/had a fever!" Oh well, better to be safe than sorry but I'm trying to be a bit more discerning. 
  • Options
    catlady1215  yes to avoiding germy waiting rooms like the plague!