January 2018 Moms

Re: Vent Session 1/1-1/6

• My dad is on his way down to see LO. I'm already annoyed, enough said. Hope these next 2 days goes by fast
  • sunstar7sunstar7 member
    edited January 2018
    Ugh I have a terrible cold and Dr just confirmed my csection for tomorrow at 1. Pretty sure I got this cold on Xmas when my cousin who just hugged me said oh I've been so sick, and so has my fiance. Then why are you hugging a pregnant person? If I would have been this sick on Xmas I would have stayed home. And not only am I sick but so is DH, DS, and my parents who are watching DS while we are in the hsopital. And this has been after having the in laws both almost die in the last 3 weeks from illnesses cancer and stroke. I'm so done and it's just beginning.
  • Loading the player...
  • @sunstar7 OMG I hate when people do this!  This was my life allllll week last week.  Coworkers or family wanting to be around me and then all of a sudden remembering they were sick or telling me about their illness or someone they lives with illness.  I just wanted to scream "GO AWAY" to all of them when they talked about it.  Hopefully, your household bounces back quickly!  and hopefully some people have enough common sense to not come around LO with their germs!
  • I. Seriously. Hate. Sick people! My FIL came to meet the baby in the hospital (which... I won't complain about again) but he's holding her and proceeds to tell me how he was exposed to stomach flu. In my head I was flipping tables in his face and screaming obscenities. American psycho style. In real life, I just fought back tears and prayed the damage hadn't already been done. Thank god she didn't get sick.
  • In this week's episode of "My Insane In-Laws..." MIL was taken to the hospital this morning. They determined she has a mild case of pneumonia. She's being given meds and sent home. FIL wants DH to help drive her to dialysis tomorrow regardless of the fact the hospital advised against going. I advised agasint DH being around his mother until she's 100% better (ok that will never happen) especially since we've both been sick already and are just starting to recover. THEN they asked if we've moved enough stuff around in our new house for them to come over and see it tonight. (MIL is in a wheelchair and we have to use a hoist to move her, it takes a lot of space). Uhm no. You may not bring your sick self into my house. Little dude is due in 3 weeks, and even after the fact you may not be welcome to see him for a while. Uuuggghhhh
  • I’m on the anti sick train with you ladies! Caught a sinus thing from my mom in November. Kicked it just in time to catch it again from someone at my baby shower at Thanksgiving and DH and I have been passing it back and forth ever since. I chalk all of that up to bad luck.

The one that got my MIL and I P.O.-d was when a cousin who *just* was getting over the flu thought it would be appropriate to visit FIL in the ICU despite knowing full damn well that FIL is on immunosuppressants AND almost died of MRSA 3 days prior. And I totally did not let him give me a hug either. People WHY????
    January 2018 Board September Siggy Challenge: Fall

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @beans17 why are people crazy?!

We talked the in-laws OUT of coming over (thank goodness) but FIL just called to say MIL is headed back to the hospital. Again. She swears she is having another stroke. (She does this about every 3 months) I think she's panicing and realizing everything isn't going to be about her and catering to her every need for the first time in a few years so she's back to calling to say she thinks she's dying (this was a few times a week occurrence when I had bad morning sickness all day so hubs wasn't visiting as much to stay home with me) and saying she feels a stroke coming on. I hope like hell she's just doing it for attention and that she's fine. But we were finally headed out the door to get baby things ready (we just moved and today being my day off we are planning to paint and finish the nursery today) when FIL called. Re: MIL has pneumonia I decided to just sit at home while HD goes to the hospital. Such. A. Mess. Happy 37 weeks to me!
  • Every day I'm asked multiple times "When are you due?" "How are you feeling?" "Still no baby?" and I'd like to punch all of them.   :s Clearly I'm still pregnant because I'm still at work...Yes I'd rather be at home...I feel pregnant, really fing pregnant...thanks for the reminder.  Also, my mom just asked "How are you feeling?" Response: "Fine" because I'm so over people asking but I can't be that rude to her...her response back "oh good.  I just had a massage since it's raining (she's on a work trip in CA)"...um thanks for mentioning it randomly I'd much rather be doing that...so now I'm just being a jealous bitch over here waiting on a work conference call to start...