January 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Appointments: Week of 1/1

Re: Weekly Appointments: Week of 1/1

• Options
    Appointment Thursday (36 weeks):  Group B Strep Test and I think a cervical check?  At this point I kinda want to know if I'm dilated but also don't really care...  It's not like her magically saying I've dilated some means this kid is going to show up anytime soon and I'm already not going to have everything together until after this weekend so...yeah I'm just kinda iffy on the cervical check.
  • Options
    @conineml - my OB offered one when I had my Group B swab done (36+4, I think) and I declined since it was still early and didn't mean much. I did have one done last week at 37+4 though because I was curious.

Had an appointment today at 38+4. Everything is looking good but no change from last week so still 2cm and 50% effaced. OB offered to do a sweep but I declined since there are still 10 days until her due date. If I'm still pregnant at my next appointment (39+5) I'll probably have her go ahead and do it then.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Going in today at 39 weeks. After a full night of back pain I’m hoping something has changed, but I won’t be surprised if it hasn’t. Wondering what to do after. I want to walk, but not In freaking 4 degree temps. 
  • Options
    Appointment on Friday at 39w. If this prodromal labor hasn't done anything to my cervix by then, I'm going to lose it. Thank goodness DH is coming with me this week!
  • Options
    @schaze Fingers crossed!!!  I know you are going crazy!  
  • Options
    @madcouplewithabox my OB mentioned walking this morning and I'm just thinking to myself "Yeah right, not in this weather!" It's definitely not as cold as some of you ladies are experiencing but cold enough that I don't want to be outside. I might do some laps around my house later and throughout the week but that gets old pretty quick.
  • Options
    I have my final appointment on Friday before induction on Sunday.  I was losing the plug yesterday so I hope she stays in there until Sunday, it was -20 last night!  Too cold to go into labor especially if the water breaks first!
  • Options
    @gusgus14 I was thinking of doing the stairs in my house.... then I just look at them with an exhausted face and go lay down lol 
  • Options
    @madcouplewithabox hahaha yeah I sat down "just for a minute" when I got home and 90 minutes later I'm still here  :D
  • Options
    @madcouplewithabox we went to the mall this weekend to walk, just an idea, cause im with yall, its too cold outside, house laps get old QUICK, and lets face it, I can say all day that I'm going to walk the stairs but I can't even tell you what our nursery looks like right now because I haven't gone upstairs in a week!

Had our 40 week appointment today, we are 40+2 and STILL CLOSED! All the contractions felt all weekend and the crazy back pain did nothing!! I couldn't have been more disappointed. But the good news is, induction is scheduled for Monday if she doesn't decide to make her appearance before then!
  • Options
    Today, NST scan, she failed, I mentioned some leakage and they sent me to triage to run a test to see if it was amniotic fluid, it wasn't. But because I was having some contractions last night I guess it can thin of discharge and make it runny and thin. So there's that. I have another BPP scheduled this Friday and an OB apt. Not sure if they'll check me again but last week I had my Strep B test, it was negative, and she checked me and I was at a 3 so that's cool. Currently 36+1, and have already had my steroid shots so her lungs should be good should that 3 become more and she happen to come early.

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had my 38 Week appt yesterday and I was measuring 40+ Weeks. She sent me for an ultrasound and they said fluid level was appropriate and guess he was 8lbs 4oz. I know those numbers can be off.  It does make me nervous since my first baby was a big one and he was tough to push out and recovery was rough. Otherwise the rest of me seems to be holding up ok. 
  • Options
    I was supposed to have my 39 wk appt today...(I’m  39+4) but the nor’easter closed the office so I’m going in tomorrow. Had a nst and they checked fluid on Tuesday and he’s doing great. But I am DONE. I am so miserable, and don’t want to move  off the couch so I’m going to see if I can get put on the schedule next week for an induction. I’ll be 40 wks Monday. My dr told me they would induce after 39 wks since I’m a TTM and if my cervix is favorable which I know it is from my last appt.  So fingers crossed!
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018

• Options
    Had my 39 week appointment yesterday. I'm 70% effaced and 1.5cm and baby has dropped some. A little progress from last week where she was still high, I was 1cm, and not effaced at all. Yay progress and come on body let's do this! 

@schaze fingers crossed you get some news of progress at your appointment today!! 
  • Options
    I had my 36 week appointment a few days early since DH is leaving for 2 weeks. Babe is measuring in at 7 pounds 2 pounds now! DD was born at 7.7 after her due date. That is terrifying. Length measurements put him at 37 weeks and 5 days. I’m all like when is the baby coming and how much is he going to weigh?!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @trudytudy with my second they told me she would be 9.5 lbs give or take a pound but the Dr thought she'd be closer to 10.  She ended up being 8.5.