Options

TTCAL Week of 1/2

2»

Re: TTCAL Week of 1/2

• Options
    @acciocoffee what a kick in the gut. 
    @vlagrl29 :( sorry about your parakeet
  • Options
    @dpjennifer The actual bill was $6500. I will have to look into calling our insurance. I didn't even know that was an option. 
    @vlagrl29 I will look into that. We do have savings, so we can pay it off at once especially if we could get it lowered. We had planned to pay off some loans this year, but it looks like that won't be happening. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My naturopath wants to retest my TSH and T3, vit D, wbc and a couple new ones.  I want to call our new ins company to make sure it's covered before I get my blood taken.  She wants to further investigate why my wbc is a little low.  I feel fine.  I can't really afford to go to her and the RE so I'll get this last test done, see results and see what she says then I'll probably just stick with the RE for the remaining part.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @acciocoffee that sucks. I would def call insurance company 

@vlagrl29 sorry about your parakeet.  Losing a pet is never easy 
  • Options
    @acciocoffee ugh I’m sorry about the bill! After my 1st loss, I also had sticker shock when I got a nearly $1000 bill from the D&C, on top of all the labs and ultrasounds. The part that really got me furious was that when I was looking into my insurance afterwards, I saw that the patient responsibility for an “elective abortion” would have been only $25. Like seriously WTF? 

@vlagrl29 sorry about your parakeet!  Did your naturopath say why she wants to retest those things? Does she think things may have changed for you since the last time? 
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 Sorry about your parakeet buddy. Also, I used to work in a hematology lab, and wbc counts can vary quite a bit over time for otherwise healthy people. Testing frequently doesn’t always give more information, but have to be taken in with the whole clinical picture. 

@acciocoffee That stinks about the medical bill. I’d highly recommend going through the appeals process with your insurer, or working with an advocate to appeal/lower the bill (like the app Better). I was on the hook for about $5k for the fetal genetic testing from my MC until it all got written off in the appeal process. Depending on your state, there can be some very good patient protections and resources. You might be able to make a case that you did your due diligence but your clinic turned you away. 
  • Options
    She's tested me for lots of stuff and the only 2 things that are low are t3 and wbc. She wants to find out why my immune system is always low. My guess is my body is over this ttc journey lol.
  • Options
    @acciocoffee I would send an appeal to your insurance on that. I am in the process of doing something similar as to a charge for anesthesia for my D&C after my insurance only paid $15 of a $1k bill (the remaining charge is $600 due to some kind of discount). If that doesn't work call the billing dept at the hospital directly and tell them you can't pay $3k, but you are prepared to pay $X. I know it is such a slap in the face to get these bills reminding you of your loss. 
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @vlagrl29 since your t3 was low, maybe see if she’d test you for thyroid antibodies, if she hasn’t already? They don’t always get tested for but there is some research suggesting a higher rate of MC if they’re elevated. 

Edited to add - since my thyroid antibodies were so high, they basically said it’s like an autoimmune disease, so it’s possible that could be affecting you too? 
  • Options
    @pumpkinpancake it's something to consider. T3 is only 1 point below normal last month. My problem seems to be getting pregnant.
  • Options
    So genetic testing came back and it was chromosomal.  He said it had 69 chromosomes and that it was due to paternal and said it was because two sperm fertilized egg.   I’m still waiting on blood test results but I’m not sure where we go from here.  RE said we could do IVF and make sure only one sperm fertilized egg or it might not happen again or it could continue to happen. 
  • Options
    @Mack2342 I'm glad you were able to get some answers. I'm sorry that the results don't provide you with any clear direction on what to do next. Do you have a gut feeling about one option over the others? 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Options
    @tosh24 Yay! That’s a great fertilization report! I hope you get lots of great quality embryos! 
  • Options
    @tosh24 that’s great.  Hopefully you get a good number on embryos at day 5!
  • Options
    @Mack2342 glad you at least got an answer. Still sucks. I wish you luck at whatever you decide and feel at peace with.
  • Options

Mack2342 I’m glad you at least got results. Has this (or something similar) happened before? It’s just frustrating that you aren’t sure where to go from here. Good luck on making a decision!

tosh24 Fingers crossed for lots to freeze!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    @dpjennifer I’ve never had testing done.  It wasn’t offered with first one. It was with 2nd one but all docs kept telling me it was egg quality since I’m older so I went with that.  I’ve regretted not doing it so when it happened again I jumped at it plus with this one and last one I had blood clot in uterus so that made me question things even more.  
  • Options
    @Mack2342 I'm glad you were able to get results but I know that must be frustrating. I don't feel like your dr is being that helpful - can he tell you whether something like that is likely to happen again? I think polyspermy is very infrequent but is there a reason to think some couples are more prone to it? Those would be my questions. 
  • Options
    Glad you made a decision you feel good about @mack2342 - I'm sure it's frustrating but I'm glad you pushed testing this time.  It does help to make a decision.  GL with the clotting test.
  • Options
    1. Introduce yourself- Hello, everyone. I am a newbie. My 1st pregnancy ended in MC on December 15. I have been avoiding the Bump for a couple weeks, but as time passed I felt like reaching out to a community that understood what I was going through. My DH and I have been married for three years. I am a teacher, and he works in sales.

2. Status?  My doctor told me to wait for one cycle before TTC again. So for now I am just waiting. 

3. Rants/Raves: It is terribly cold out and today is our first day back to school after winter break. 

4. GTKY: Holiday gifts - What was your favorite gift this year? My DH and my anniversary is 12/21 so we combined celebrating Christmas and our anniversary with a trip. It was good to get away for a little while. 
    Me: 30 DH: 35
    Married 12/2014
    TTC#1: 4/2017

• Options
    @Kath525 Hope she gets to feeling better! My DH and I just returned from Disney. Have a wonderful time!

@lin0442 My own father made a comment similar to your coworker the day after my MC. I serioulsy was in complete shock. People speak too quickly at times, myslef included but that doesn't help the punch to the gut.

@Mack2342 @dpjennifer @40momma I am with you all on not wanting to go to work! 
    Me: 30 DH: 35
    Married 12/2014
    TTC#1: 4/2017

• Options
    @MicahDahn So sorry for your loss. It's never an easy time but having a mc over the holidays would be difficult I'm sure. Welcome to the group, it's a great group of ladies

@Mack2342 Hmm, is there anything he can test for? Does that mean sperm quality is good or bad? 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin RE basically said they have seen this happen and it repeats itself or they have seen it happen and not happen again.  Unfortunately we don’t know cause of first 2 MCs.   We plan to go in and speak with him after we get blood tests back

@40momma his sperm has been tested and we did IUI where they ran through the wash and all.  I’ve read that it can just happen 

@MicahDahn so sorry for your loss but welcome to the group 
  • Options
    @MicahDahn So sorry for your loss. Welcome.
  • Options
    Ugh we have a frozen pipe and laundry room overflowed!  I’m so annoyed 
  • Options
    @kath525 Have fun at Disney! I love Disney trips so much. Hope your DD felt better in time for the trip.
    @zamora_spin Can I just say I love your science talk? You're so great at researching and always present your findings so well. Thank you for imparting all of your knowledge to us! I started CoQ10 last week. I've just been taking 200mg for now as the pills I got are 100mg each and I don't want to have to take tons of them every day.  :#
    @pumpkinpancake I'm so sorry for you losses and that you find yourself back here. Good luck with the saline ultrasound next week. I hope it goes smoothly and quickly.
    @vlagrl29 I'm so sorry about your parakeet. That's a truly awful way to start the morning. I'm glad you have a massage booked for later this week to help you relax. 
    @acciocoffee Ack! That's terrible! I'm so sorry about the huge bill. I can't believe your OB couldn't fit you in even though it was an emergency. It sounds like you really need to switch OBs, so that's good that you're taking care of that. Good luck with your job search. I hope you can find something you like that pays better. 
    @Mack2342 I'm sorry about the results you got back, but it sounds like it's giving you some answers. I hope you can find a way forward to figure out what step to take next. So sorry to hear about your frozen pipe! Can you get it fixed quickly? 
    @MicahDahn I'm so sorry about your loss. Definitely understand you needing to take a bump break for a while. I hope your benched cycle goes by quickly.
    @lin0442 My coworker made a similar comment yesterday and it made me really sad. He has 3 kids in day care and was complaining about the cost. He said to me "At least you only have one kid! You're lucky!"  :'(

1. Introduce yourself (if new): New here; I just introduced myself in a thread over the weekend. I've been TTC#2 since June and have had 3 early losses since then. 
    2. Status? Still waiting on my referral for the RE to start testing or whatever it is they'll want me to do. I saw an acupuncturist today and will probably continue that for a while to see what happens. She seemed to think I was in good health overall, but recommended getting some thyroid testing and what not, although she implied that it's likely not an issue for me. I was considering benching myself for a cycle, but I think I might just jump in and start trying again right away. 
    3. Rants/Raves: It's soooooo cold today. But we got snow overnight so work had a delayed opening today, which was nice. I enjoyed sleeping in in my heated blanket! 
    4. GTKY: Holiday gifts - What was your favorite gift this year? DH got me an Instant Pot! I've been enjoying trying out some new recipes. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    Ugh @Mack2342 that sucks!! We have a neighbor that happened to this week but it was in their garage.
  • Options
    Hi all.
    1. Introduce yourself (if new)
    I’m new. I was supposed to be 10w with my first pregnancy on Jan 2 but learned that day I had a mmc at ultrasound #2. We barely got past 6w. Started miscarrying naturally that evening. DH and I are both 31. 
    2. Status? 
    Still a bit numb from the whole ordeal. We want to start trying again ASAP though, as long as it’s safe.  Thinking about whether I should wait for AF or just go for it. 
    3. Rants/Raves: 
    I feel like my mmc should have been caught earlier and suspect the holidays played a role in the delay. Ultrasound #1 right before Xmas showed I was measuring 2 weeks behind. Instead of testing, they had me wait another 2 weeks for my next ultrasound. All booked over the phone- doctor wouldn’t see me before then. Also, no doctor was available to communicate the bad news at the ultrasound as well- I had to piece together info from the tech’s cryptic answers to my questions. The loss itself sucks, but the lack of support from my healthcare team didn’t help. I plan to be more proactive next time. 
    4. GTKY: Holiday gifts - What was your favorite gift this year?
    Fancy new winter parka! I’m going to be toasty warm this winter... 
  • Options
    @barristerninja so sorry for your loss. Welcome to group
  • Options
    barristerninja Sorry for your loss. WElcome to our group!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1