February 2018 Moms
Options

36 weeks edd end of Jan - Feb 4 week of 1/1

Happy New Year! We are official less than 1 month from baby day and should be out of the pre-term window by the end of the week! Yay!

1. How are you feeling?
2. How did this week's appointment go?
3. Have you had all your showers/ purchased everything you need?
4. Random thoughts of the week?

BabyFruit Ticker
older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 

Re: 36 weeks edd end of Jan - Feb 4 week of 1/1

• Options
    1. Still feeling good! Not a fan of the 3rd tri nausea but I think my midwife was right about it actually being heartburn, #thankful for tums this week.

2. Appointment this last week went really well. Met with a different midwife in the practice who I ended up really really liking. She was informative and professional without being pushy, but was also concerned enough to ask a lot of questions and listen to all of mine. Her only major concern was my weight loss so far. Still 4lbs down from pre-pregnancy weight. Goal is to incorporate more protein.

3. One more shower with co-workers on Jan 9th. Only purchase we still need to make is a baby monitor, although I may be able to talk my fiancé into splurging on just one new item- a dockatot. Besides the car seat and crib mattress, all other big items have been second-hand.

4. I have exclusively been mobile bumping until I got an iPad for Christmas, and man, bumping on the web is so much better!
  • Options
    1. Pretty good. Was kinda nervous the kid wasn't moving around as much yesterday, but I think it's cuz we were up til 2am for NYE and then we woke up late because by evening he was moving around like a champ again. Also, think it's time to invest in colace or something similar. 

2. Have a MFM appt this afternoon. My fasting sugars have been a few points high so hopefully they'll give me a pass cuz of New Years again (like they did for xmas).

3. One of my coworkers mentioned throwing a work shower. I'm not close to many coworkers, and don't have a staff/dept that would throw me one so it feels kinda unnecessary. I will appreciate it of course, but I think I'm good to go. 

4. Only thing we haven't packed for hospital bag is going home outfit. It's going to be cold -- will a normal onesie but with a carrier cover be warm enough? DH has a Bruce Lee onesie he wants him to wear lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    clc515 said:
    1. Pretty good. Was kinda nervous the kid wasn't moving around as much yesterday, but I think it's cuz we were up til 2am for NYE and then we woke up late because by evening he was moving around like a champ again. Also, think it's time to invest in colace or something similar. 

2. Have a MFM appt this afternoon. My fasting sugars have been a few points high so hopefully they'll give me a pass cuz of New Years again (like they did for xmas).

3. One of my coworkers mentioned throwing a work shower. I'm not close to many coworkers, and don't have a staff/dept that would throw me one so it feels kinda unnecessary. I will appreciate it of course, but I think I'm good to go. 

4. Only thing we haven't packed for hospital bag is going home outfit. It's going to be cold -- will a normal onesie but with a carrier cover be warm enough? DH has a Bruce Lee onesie he wants him to wear lol.
     how cold is kinda cold where you live? I think the general rule of thumb is the same as what you would wear plus 1 layer.  how would you feel in a t shirt or bathing suit plus a shawl?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mamaof5already It's been frigid this week in the teens/20s, so good analogy there. Just no jackets for kids in carseat, right, so glad we got the cover. Long pants/sleeves for sure then.
  • Options

1. How are you feeling?  I am definitely at the uncomfortable pregnant woman phase.  I know it's just a month to go now, but I am getting worn out pretty easily, not sleeping well, heartburn like crazy, and just achy.  
    2. How did this week's appointment go?   I just went to my 34 week appointment today.  This was the last "quick" appointment.  36 week has a growth ultrasound, NST and dr visit. Then weekly NST / dr appts til the RCS.  I got another chat about ending the pregnancy at a positive weight gain (I'm still about 5lbs under). I'm not restricting and I'm trying to add in protein rich snacks, but I really feel like with the water I've been trying to drink and a smaller stomach capacity that I'm just not as hungry.  
    3. Have you had all your showers/ purchased everything you need?  My friends threw me a sprinkle on Saturday, which was awesome.  I still have a work shower/sprinkle on 1/12.  There are 2 other women who are pregnant/due at the same time so they are doing a big cake for all 3 of us.  I'll probably get a Target gift card or something, which always comes in handy!  For the most part I have everything. I have like little odds and ends that I would like to get but we have all the major stuff to keep a baby alive when we bring her home.
    4. Random thoughts of the week?   I am proud of myself for successfully reattaching the car seat padding to my infant seat. It was in dire need of a cleaning, so DH took it off and I washed it/air dried it and I was low key worried that it wouldn't go back on.  After reading the manual and watching a YouTube video, it's all clean and back on the seat. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. How are you feeling?
    tired - joys of pregnancy insomnia. 
    2. How did this week's appointment go?
    NST, US and appointment all went well - basically have NST and OB appointments every week up to delivery and growth US at 36 weeks. 
    3. Have you had all your showers/ purchased everything you need?
    No showers as this is #3 for us - we only did a shower for our first. We've taken down the holiday decor and started setting up nursery. Aside from what we already have I also ordered a ton of diapers, wipes, butt paste...online that will be arriving this week - to have everything ready. 
    Can't believe how close it is getting - we're excited!
  • Options
    @Megzb510 did you have weight loss with your first pregnancy as well?
  • Options
    @nightnurse92 no I gained the recommended  amount of weight with my son and they were super low key about it. I started out this pregnancy overweight and got a lecture to be careful on how much to gain at the beginning. I’m trying to follow the recommendations so that’s all I can do. Just annoying to hear the weight lecture either way.  :|
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Megzb510 i also started out overweight and was careful to eat healthfully. I too am in no way calorie restricting but have started getting a lot of unsolicited comments from people, mainly coworkers about how I “must not be eating enough for the baby.” So far OB has not said anything, the midwife I saw was concerned I wasnt eating enough protein so I have started incorporating more eggs, greek yogurt, and almonds. Either way, LO is growing and that is what I care about. Glad im not the only one in this boat.
  • Options

1. How are you feeling? Good! Not tired at all.

2. How did this week's appointment go? Appointment was this morning,  i got my 3rd tri drug screen,  hiv test,  and steep swab.  I was not expecting them to shove the swab up my butt! I thought they wetter just going to rub it around the outside! Holy milky that hurt for a few hours after!

3. Have you had all your showers/ purchased everything you need? Apparently I'm not getting a shower anymore,  kinda bummed as I had started anticipating it,  but oh well! So I have started pricing all the things on our list,  and will hopefully go buy it all in the next 2 weeks. 

On my appointment discharge paperwork today it said we went over all kinds of things like post partum,  circumcision,  birth certificates,  etc. We talked About none of that, but I think it would have been nice to!

BabyFruit Ticker