January 2018 Moms

Monday Ticker 1/1

Happy New Year ladies! Hope you guys had a safe and wonderful holiday season! Lets start this 2018 with a Ticker! Also, I feel like it's going to just be me here since we've had so many beautiful babies born from our Monday ticker ladies!

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week/last?

4) How are baby preparations going?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: What are your resolutions for 2018? Is there a word that you are trying to focus you attention towards instead of a resolution?

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Monday Ticker 1/1

• crizz13crizz13 member
    edited January 2018
    I'm still here.... UNFORTUNATELY! 

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 39 weeks. Pumpkin. Huge. 

2) How are you feeling? See above. 

3) Any appointments this week/last? Had a growth ultrasound last Wednesday and she was measuring 8lbs but I was only 1cm. Freaking out slightly. I have another appointment on Friday for a NST and check up. Friday is 39 +4 which is the day I gave birth to DD so I am really hoping I don't make it to that appointment and will be cuddling a newborn instead. 

4) How are baby preparations going? Done. Ready. Come now, baby. 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? I lost my mp on Friday and when that happened with DD, I was in labor 48 hours later. Nothing here. I also have been having low intensity contractions which are playing with my mind because I never had any prelabor with DD....so I was convinced I was having a December baby. 

6) GTKY: What are your resolutions for 2018? Is there a word that you are trying to focus you attention towards instead of a resolution? Patience. (with myself, DH, my girls, everyone)....as you can tell from my responses above, it'll be a work in progress ;-)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 38 weeks - the size of a Winter Melon!

2) How are you feeling? Big. Tired of my belly itching/aching and tired of the backaches. Also surprised that I made it to January! With my mom delivering my brother and I 5/6 weeks early, I really expected to be delivering early as well! I haven’t lost my MP yet that I’m aware of, and I just wish there was a better indicator of how much longer I have left!

3) Any appointments this week/last? I had an ultrasound last Thursday to check for IUGR. Baby was in the 39th percentile and estimated around 6lbs 4oz at 37w3d, so they aren’t concerned about that any more but my fundal height has basically stayed at the same spot for the past month. I wonder if baby is still growing, but my uterus isn’t getting any higher because he’s gradually dropped lower into my pelvis? I’ve got my next appointment on Thursday at 38.3 but would love to just be delivering him that day!

4) How are baby preparations going? All the essentials are done. Hubby is a little late in the game on filling out his FMLA paperwork for his job, but with his paternity leave & PTO at least it won’t be an issue with him taking off at any point. I got a side table for the nursery from Ross this week for $30 that I can use beside my glider for nursing. I still need some wall art for one wall but I don’t know what I want! Also some non Baby-related things I need to take care of tomorrow because I can’t see myself having time for them after he is here. But all the essentials are done. I have the ingredients to whip up some quiche so I may do that tonight as another freezer meal, but we’ve got a decent amount stocked up already.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? I’m debating whether or not I want a cervical check done at my next appointment. From what I’ve been told, it doesn’t necessarily tell you how soon you will go into labor because you can be stuck at 3cm for weeks, or be only 1cm and have labor start a few days later. But someone told me last week her niece who is also due was already dilated to 4cm! If you’re dilated that much before labor begins, is it more likely to have a faster labor or need to go in sooner because you’re already so far along? The FTM in me is worried about this haha!

6) GTKY: What are your resolutions for 2018? Is there a word that you are trying to focus you attention towards instead of a resolution? I honestly haven’t even thought about this... my goals for 2018 are just to figure out how to do this whole mom thing, and everything that goes with adjusting to life as new parents!

• Loading the player...
  • I’m still here and pretty sure I might be the last one! 

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

37 weeks, a head of romaine lettuce. 

2) How are you feeling?

honestly fine, better since I was off work for a week and got to rest more than when I am working. Really no signs of labor at all though. It’s more mentally I’m struggling with the unknown of when this baby may come and how. I’m a planner! 

3) Any appointments this week/last?

I had a growth ultrasound and dr appointment last Friday and will have both moving forward every Friday.  They estimated her at 6lb 13 ounces already which isn’t huge but surprised me. I had my first cervical check and nothing is happening there at all.  I also had my final meeting with my doula this morning, I think she’s been more helpful than my drs who don’t really spend much time with me at my appointments (I rotate to see everyone in the practice but then you don’t really get to know anyone). 

4) How are baby preparations going?

Getting close! I did a lot of cleaning and organizing over my break.  I still have a few more areas to do but feeling better about my space.  I would like to stock up on more groceries and cross a few other things off my list but in general I feel ready.  

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

I am over this cold weather coupled with being 9 months pregnant! I have to take my dog out several times a day to walk and it’s just miserable bundling all up and being outside.  I’ve been wearing my non-maternity puffy coat as it’s warmer than my maternity coat. Somehow it has still zipped but yesterday I burst a seam!

6) GTKY: What are your resolutions for 2018? Is there a word that you are trying to focus you attention towards instead of a resolution? 

I hadn’t even thought about it. As a FTM I think having a baby and figuring everything out (as a single mom too) will be such a major life change there’s no need for resolutions! Maybe to ask for help more often, I’m kind of stubbornly independent.

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 36 weeks  Lorelai is the size of a papaya or a cabbage patch doll  

2) How are you feeling? I feel ok. Went to target today and still had a hard time and I didn’t really do any walking. I drove the driving cart and walked occasionally to look at the aisle when people wouldn’t move. But not much. 

3) Any appointments this week/last? Last week NST went well. Last weeks ultrasound and BPP went ok. She took a while to pass the BPP but she’s measuring around 6lbs 6 oz. I had high blood pressure and some protein in my urine and I was feeling like shit. So they sent me to the hospital overnight to monitor my BP and to do a 24 hour urine catch. I passed all of that and ended up getting put back on bedrest till this babe is born. Please come soon. This week NST, I failed, and after talking to the tech about the leaking I was feeling they sent me to the hospital to check that the fluid was not amniotic fluid, it wasn't, and to get a BPP ultrasound, which she passed. So Friday I have my normal weekly BPP and my OB apt. I'm officially officially over this pregnancy and bedrest. I'm not even uncomfortably pregnant either, just done. 

4) How are baby preparations going? Room is almost done... for now. I need to hang the shelves but the hardware wasn't included like they should have been so I have to go get some or exchange them and then I can add the random knick-nacks to it. Need to get the carseat installed. The positive thing about being in the hospital I was able to see what was missing from my hospital bag. So I've picked up those random bits.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: I'm cold. I'm tired. My coat doesn't fit well. The only shoes I can wear are these ugly as sin sandal and when it's 7 degrees out my feet are frozen immediately. 

6) GTKY: What are your resolutions for 2018? Is there a word that you are trying to focus you attention towards instead of a resolution.  Grace. I think my word for this year will be grace. To give myself grace to fumble and not know how to do this newborn stuff again, to give myself grace as I figure out how to do two kids and to give my toddler some grace as he's learning to not be the baby anymore.

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker