August 2018 Moms
Options

Second week DD check in! (8-15) nye edition

pghctwifepghctwife member
edited December 2017 in August 2018 Moms
1. How big is baby, any fun size comparisons?

2. How are you feeling this week?

3. Rant/Rave

GTKY: I want to heat your best or worst New Years Eve Story 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
05/2017 cp
08/03/17 no hb 8w

Re: Second week DD check in! (8-15) nye edition

• Options
    8w3. Ovia says it’s the size of a 2x2 Lego. Legos are huge in my world these days so it seems apt!
    I had my first u/s and at 8w baby was 1.82cm :heart:

it’s been an emotional rollercoaster - anxiety leading to the scan and relief after.
    physically mostly just crummy. The exhaustion has started a bit and I just feel blah most of the time. Ms is less intense than it was.

3. Rant/Rave 
    I’m just walking in air after a good u/s. 
    but man am I ready for the kids to go back to school!!! They are driving each other nuts and getting so stir crazy. Doesn’t help it’s been too cold to get them out much

oh god. Let’s see. Probably the year my friend and I went to Boston and at some bar we found these guys we recognized as low-level pro runners (we were also runners). We went to their training house with them and I hooked up with the one in a massage table lol. Major T walk of shame in the morning. Lol. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    Raspberry size which was easy to explain to DS as that is his favorite fruit.

Nausea still happening but controllable when I take B6 and Unisom. Trying to beat the tiredness and do regular housework, but taking a nap just sounds so much better.  

3. Rant/Rave
    I am jealous that DH gets 5 days off of work and gets to spend time with DS while I am working 3 of the 5 days he has off. 

GTKY: I want to heat your best or worst New Years 
    The best would have to be when DH and I met. He was friends with my cousin's boyfriend at the time and we all met up at a country dance club for NYE. He was trying to impress me with his dance moves. They weren't great, however he made me laugh and look where that got him! It will be 10 years today that we first met. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m about 8w4d and baby is a raspberry or kidney bean. 

The only thing really bothering me is nausea. We’re away for the weekend for New Years and I’ve got tons of leftovers in the fridge because I can barely eat any real food. DH and I are totally joking about my “collection” of food I can’t eat in the fridge. 

3. Rant/Rave
    I’m a teacher and have been off all week for winter break. It’s been really nice to be able to sleep in and not have to pretend I’m feeling ok when I’m super queasy. I don’t want to go back to work!!

GTKY: I want to heat your best or worst New Years 
    My worst was when my friends and I went to a nightclub that was so crowded and awful and then when we tried to leave we couldn’t get a cab because of everyone and their mother getting a cab after midnight. We had to walk a mile home in the freezing cold - I was in a dress, stockings and heels. I had to take my shoes off and my bf at the time gave me his socks to walk in- when he took them off they were literally steaming. Eww. By the time we got back I was shaking, teeth chattering, and two steps away from hypothermia. My bf asked if I was ok and then promptly fell asleep as I was questioning whether I should go to the hospital. Haha. Oh memories! 

Happy new year everyone!!
    TTC #1
    dx: DOR
    8 cycles Clomid (1 BFP & MC)
    3 failed IUIs (Follistim & Trigger)
    IVF #1
  • Options
    8 weeks 2 days; a wild strawberry

So far week 8 has been kicking my buty. Nausea has ramped up and I am sicker than I have been with any other pregnancy. 

3. Rant/Rave
    Ginger doesn’t work for me anymore! I used it to survive my first pregnancy and now the slightest smell kicks my nausea up 3 levels. Only thing that helps the nausea is eating a large meal (but that lasts for like 15 minutes and has negative side effects that outweigh the gain) and sleep (which I can’t do cause: nausea.)

I have my fingers and toes crossed that I have a good ultrasound on the 12th, then my nausea and food adversions need to rapidly improve.  Actually, either order but those two things would be awesome. 

GTKY: I want to hear your best or worst New Years Eve Story: I am such an old maid. I have never been to a NYE party, ever. I don’t drink (dad was an alcoholic) and I always work New Years Day. So all my stories are: and I went to sleep at 9 o’clock to prepare for my holiday shift at the hospital.
  • Options
    Pygmy seahorse

Feeling pretty good overall. Still have no appetite, and I think I have the beginnings of MS, especially when I first wake up. Have still been able to keep up with my running and daily yoga practice, although, I am signed up for a 10k tomorrow which I am not going to participate in due to the extreme cold we're seeing in MN. I would absolutely bundle up and do it if I weren't pregnant, but it just seems like an unnecessary risk right now.

3. Rant/Rave
    Cannot get enough of the Subway turkey Reuben. It's one of the only things I can make myself eat. So so good. Also, DH ran out in the cold last night to get me some Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia. :)

I don't really have one. I was a swimmer in college, and we were always on training trip (no alcohol, sleep very necessary) over New year's.
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    1. How big is baby?
    8+2 today. Raspberry, keyboard key, and dime are a few of the ones I remember from the last few days.

Surprisingly, my MS is much better this week. I was worried at first about the symptoms going away, but I've still had flashes of it and my boobs are killing me. Maybe I'm just starting to manage it better? Making sure I never go to bed hungry and trying to eat immediately when I get up because the hungrier I get, the worse I feel.

3. Rant/rave
    Not sure this is really a rant, but I feel so bad for my coworkers recently! I've not exactly been a peach to be around but none of them know why. Trying to remind myself to complain less, that I love my job, and that I only feel gross because I have an amazing thing going on inside me.

4. Best/worst NYE:
    I really don't have any crazy NYE stories. I do remember my first NYE with my now husband though. We were visiting his parents out of town and spent a quiet night in playing cards and watching movies. We did the classic countdown with champagne and when midnight hit, his parents kissed and we just stood there. Oh to be awkward 20 year olds again. Probably equally low on the PDA through our whole 8 years together though. Wouldn't change a thing! :)
  • Options
    1. How big is baby, any fun size comparisons? Raspberry sized

2. How are you feeling this week? So exhausted! I took longer naps than my young toddler this weekend! Also trying to manage the morning sickness.

3. Rant/Rave I need to find some good prenatal work out videos! I like the one I have, but am starting to get a bit bored with repeating between the same two routines.

GTKY: I want to heat your best or worst New Years Eve Story- Worst had to be when I was with a group who stumbled on an unlimited food/drink bar event. While the drinks were indeed unlimited, the food was not as advertised- it had to loop through the VIP crowd first and none of it was making it our way. We were super upset because we had initially planned to get dinner first, but skipped it after promises of food at the bar. Eventually we got some fried crumbs after complaining for awhile (told if we left to get food and come back, we’d have to pay again full cost to get back in). For a few hours, it felt like we were mainly just staring at a movie without sound that was playing on repeat the whole evening.

Looking back on it, I wish we would have just left, but at the time, we felt like we paid too much money to cover DH, BIL, and myself to skip out. On a good note, the drinks were super weak, so we felt more sick from too much sugar in the sodas than drunk.
  • Options
    1. How big is baby, any fun size comparisons? Grape. I don't know where people get all the goofy size comparisons, but they are funny! 

2. How are you feeling this week? I feel pretty much normal, if not a bit tired, but that could be because I didn't get much sleep last night. 

3. Rant/Rave: Rave: Had a crazy intense sex dream last night, so woke up dh to DTD. Rant: Unfortunately, I never really fell back asleep soundly, and thus feel sluggish today. Plus I got up extra early to walk the dog and it was freezing out...so much so that she didn't really even want to walk, so getting up early to go on a long walk was pretty much pointless. 

GTKY: I want to heat your best or worst New Years Eve Story: Best: I celebrated 2000 in Huntington Beach, California. I was young, carefree, had a rockin' bod and just had a fantastic night that night. It's a lot easier to do outdoor NYE celebrations where it's warm! 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    Apparently I go here, now. My EDD changed.

1. How big is baby, any fun size comparisons? Same as what everyone else said. I have nothing original.

2. How are you feeling this week? Nauseous and tired, but less bloated, so that’s nice.

3. Rant/Rave: Had my first appointment today and everything looks great!

idk
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    1. How big is baby, any fun size comparisons?  My app says a Popping Firecracker!

2. How are you feeling this week?  I'm a mess.  I'm sick too so I don't know what's pregnancy symptoms and whats just sick.  But in addition to congestion and cough, I have bloating, nausea, no appetite

3. Rant/Rave:  See sick comments above

• Options
    1. How big is baby, any fun size comparisons? Just a raspberry.

2. How are you feeling this week? So so tired and nauseous on and off. I have a crazy month ahead at work and am just really wondering how I am going to get through it. 

3. Rant/Rave It is uncharacteristically cold and dark for Texas, and it is exacerbating my sleepiness and making me sooo unmotivated. I have also been eating terribly, which can't possibly help, and between my honeymoon and continued poor eating I have already gained like 6 lbs which is so not okay.

GTKY: I want to heat your best or worst New Years Eve Story One year I impulsively jumped on a plane from LA to San Fran to go to this house party with this guy I had been on like three dates with and his friends who I had never met. He was Greek and all his friends were Persian, and man could they party! We ended up having a good time and drove back to LA together which was really nice although we stopped dating shortly thereafter. But now I look back and am like "damn, 23 year old me, you were crazy."  :D 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    1. How big is baby, any fun size comparisons? 9 weeks today- grape sized

2. How are you feeling this week? Same as previous 2 weeks- exhausted, nauseated, guilty of being such a sleepy slug. I read I'm supposed to hit the peak climax of hormone levels this week so I'm praying next week check in is a more positive report.

3. Rant/Rave rant- food is terrible and feeding my family has become such a battle psychologically for me. Rave- grapefruit and Cheetos puffs are at least staying down. Water is getting slightly more palatable as long as there is lots of ice.

Nothing too crazy here except one year H and were just imbibing and relaxing in our apartment and a few minutes after the ball dropped at midnight the pipes under the kitchen sink burst (very cold day) and water was spraying everywhere. We both are total dummies when it comes to household problems so I ran out in the freezing cold to knock on our neighboring apartment door, he was sleeping but rushed right over and got us all fixed up. I remember by heart was beating out of my chest never having experienced anything like it, I was just 20 or so.
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker