May 2018 Moms
Options

New Years Resolutions

gildahgildah member
edited December 2017 in May 2018 Moms
Anyone have any New Years Resolutions?
I’m going to try to answer emails, texts and other correspondence immediately. I’m SO bad about that!!!
I also want to exercise more consistently. I was good until it got so cold out. 
Finally, I need to quit swearing. It’s unbecoming for a lady

Re: New Years Resolutions

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mileswithmyles I’m tempted to schedule my own screen time so I don’t get too distracted from my kids. Like, I can check my email/the bump in the morning before they wake up, and at night after they go to sleep. What is your plan?
    Also, how are you going to be more patient? I need more patience too!!!
    @JNCPro3130 Cutting out sugar is so hard but its always so worth it! I read this amazing book called “Fat Chance” by a pediatric neuro-endocrinologist who’s done research on the toxic potential of sugar. It’s an excellent read. In his household, they can eat one dessert a week, which seems reasonable to me. I’m diabetic so I never eat sugar except for the occasional small bite, but I’d like to limit my kids’ intake.
    I feel you on the house!!!! I fall into the trap of thinking small cleaning tasks don’t warrant attention. Then it gets overwhelming and takes forever! There’s this thing called the “one minute rule” where you do short tasks immediately, like putting a plate in the dishwasher or washing it right away instead of leaving it in the sink. Maybe this rule is worth it? I’ve never tried it haha!
    @silverhope Do you have a set exercise program? Any prenatal workout video suggestions?
    Healthy eating is so overwhelming. There’s way too much info out there!
  • Options
    @gildah just reminding myself that other things, like my email or the dishes, can wait a little while longer if he wants to play. I’m not so sure about the patience one, but I’m going to try to be more aware of it. 
  • Options
    @gildah, we lived a paleo eating for awhile! It's great! I feel healthier and have more energy. It's more expensive and takes more effort to stick with. I just need to get back into it. I've been eating horribly so I expect to feel badly (sluggish and possibly have some headaches) until I get over the sugar cravings. The 1 minute rule sounds perfect! I definitely need to do that! Things like dishes, putting things where they belong, and just staying straightened up are easy things to do...I just have to do it! I'm hoping to get into good habits before the baby comes!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @ivyvines6 I also suck at babywearing but tried really hard with DS. I was part of a babywearing group for about 6 months when DS was born and could check out different carriers each meeting but it didn't last too long. I found the stroller to be a lot easier for us.  I am hoping I will be able to figure it out with this baby so we can still get out and be active with DS. I am not planning on buying a double stroller, but maybe I should? 
  • Options
    @bwow615 How old is your DS? If you still regularly use a stroller with him, a double might be a good idea. We used ours a lot with our youngest two who are exactly 2 years apart. If your LO doesn’t really use a stroller anymore then it might not be worth the investment. We have a Maclaren double umbrella and a baby jogger summit x3. We take the maclaren to indoor trips like the mall or airport and the baby jogger when we walk the dog, go to the zoo or any other time we need something really easy to push. 
  • Options
    Thanks guys, DS will turn 3 a few weeks after baby is here, he doesn't like the stroller now, he usually requests to walk, which is slow but usually it's fine by me. But I think having one would be a good idea just in case and I probably could find a decent deal used. 
  • Options
    @justsuzie I cancelled cabled and removed emails from home devices back in 2016. It was the best decision ever. I also need to work on not eating in front of a screen. 
  • Options
    I want to be more organized with our house, schedules, car, etc. especially since we're adding another baby,  our oldest is starting kindergarten, and my husband is furthering his education and will likely be taking an internship this summer. 
  • Options
    DH and I both have the same resolution. To keep the house in better shape. We're awful housekeepers, especially when it comes to clutter. We're aiming to get the house back in good shape for a starting point. Then we both agreed we'd pick up clutter every evening (instead of once a week) and set a cleaning schedule like clean bathrooms on Monday, clean kitchen on Wednesday, etc. With a 3 yo tazmanian devil in the house now, the clutter gets to be a bit too much at times and with baby only 4 months away, we've got to start doing better for baby's safety and our sanity.
    BFP 9/11/13   EDD 5/21/14   MC 9/20/13  <3
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 2/25/14   EDD 11/5/14   BD 11/4/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

BFP 8/26/17  EDD  5/5/18
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    So far so good with the saying no more and not being guilted into anything. 
    My brother and family are in town. My mom wants all of us to go to dinner at "her" restaurant to show the grandkids off to the owners. I'd be ok with it, except the food is unacceptable. Like, makes you sick unacceptable. I worked there over a decade ago for a few months and even then the food handling was questionable and from the looks of it, it's gotten worse.
    One of the last times I did eat there was several years ago and I was given have a chicken that was literally still frozen in the middle. Couldn't even cut it open to show them it was frozen. 
    So nope, I'm not risking us getting food poisoning so you can show them off. And the worst part is sometimes my mom will admit how awful the food is and how it's made her sick, but she keeps going because they're so nice and she feels comfortable going there alone to break up her week.
    I tried to be nice and say it was a gym night that I need to do being pregnant and she wants DH to just bring the kids down instead. Ha. Fat chance that'll happen! 
  • Options
    @suchaglencoco That sounds pretty sketchy, how in the world are they still in business after this long?  I would definitely stick to your guns on that one.  Yeesh!

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    Such a great question. I honestly have no clue.