January 2018 Moms
Options

Friday Ticker Change 12/29

Happy Friday ladies! Only 2 more days, and we've hit our due date month!

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week/last?

4) How are baby preparations going?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: Has this pregnancy been better or worse than you had anticipated?

Re: Friday Ticker Change 12/29

• Options

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 38w, ukulele

2) How are you feeling? So so crappy. I've been cramping all day every day since Wednesday with intermittent contractions. My OB sent me to L&D triage yesterday and I'm starting to dilate, but the contractions were too spread out for them to want to keep me there. I'm so ready to be done.

3) Any appointments this week/last? 37w appt was Tuesday. I had a slightly elevated BP reading at triage yesterday so they wanted me to follow up with a BP check in clinic today, which was normal. I don't go back now until next Friday.

4) How are baby preparations going? Just waiting!

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? It was nice last time having a date where we knew DD was potentially going to be born-it's so hard not knowing this time around. I would definitely take the better health and spontaneous labor this time, but having an end date made it easier to bear the aches and pains.

6) GTKY: Has this pregnancy been better or worse than you had anticipated? Health wise, it's so much better! I was so ready to be dealing with the BP problems again this time, but it's only been high a couple times and not enough for them to be concerned. My body is definitely feeling the 2nd pregnancy though, especially since they were so close together. It's also been harder having a toddler to chase after.

• Options

How far along are you? How big is baby? 

38 weeks, winter melon.

2) How are you feeling? 

Decent. I've started to get random menstrual-like cramps which I'm hoping is a good sign but they're only a few times a day at most. 

Had one on Tuesday and it went well. Had my first cervical check and was 2cm and 50% effaced. My OB was really pleased to see that I've started progressing! Next appointment is Tuesday morning.

As done as they'll ever be! 

Much better. I always assumed it would be terrible and that by 38 weeks I'd be begging to be done but I'm really not that uncomfortable and even the 1st tri wasn't bad.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

36 weeks with a 2 liter! 

2) How are you feeling?

Finally getting my waddle on and I'm just restless but I feel the light at the end of the tunnel

They did my swab Wednesday morning, said everything seems normal

We FINALLY got keys to our new house today so noooooow we get to baby prep (as well as general home/living prep)

So many. But I'm tired so... haha

Both. First trimester I was suuuuuuper sick, having to take progesterone vaginally and yucky. 2nd was a lot better for sure. 3rd I had a lot of stress with home buying and I'm grooming dogs full time still and boy does it hurt. But overall after a loss this has been a fairly smooth pregnancy. 

• Options

39 weeks so the size of a winter melon. 

2) How are you feeling?

Depends on the day you ask me lol. Up until yesterday afternoon I was having serious cramps and inconsistent contractions. On Thursday I thought I'd end up in L&D because my contractions were 5 mins apart, 1 min long and lasting more than an hour. But they just never got intense enough that I thought I was in active labor and died down once I finally was able to fall asleep. So basically this week has been just a struggle mentally and emotionally waiting for my real birthing time to begin. 

I had my 39 week appt on Wednesday. It went well but the doctor started talking about induction. I wasn't really prepared for that conversation quite yet so I agreed to being induced on 1/10 if baby doesn't get moving. However, if by next appt this coming Wednesday he is still solidly in there, I'm going to see if I can try some alternate methods first. I really want to give birth at my hospital's natural birthing center and induction by pitocin would disqualify me. 

I'm pretty much done. The baby's room is set up to my liking, hospital bag is packed, freezer meals completed, and the house is relatively clean enough that bringing a babe home to it doesn't scare me lol. I have zero reservations about getting this babe out!

Nope! I am just going to continue to do all the things to encourage baby's arrival.

This is my first pregnancy (other than an early loss) so I didn't have many expectations other than what friends and family told me or what I watched in movies. I disliked the first tri (due to being nauseous all the time) but I didn't mind the 2nd or even really the 3rd up until the end. Now I'm just ready for baby to be here. Honestly though, and I'm SO thankful for finding this group. It has been so wonderful having a group of ladies I can talk to about pregnancy. Freinds and family IRL care but can't relate the same way as you all can. Lol - I may be feeling a bit nostalgic as our time on this board comes to an end. <3 Thank goodness for our Facebook group! 

• Options

36 weeks, size of a papaya

2) How are you feeling?

Sleeping like crap. Has been an emotionally draining holiday (My grandpa passed away a couple days before Christmas)

36 wk appt Wed. Did the GBS swab but havent gotten results yet. Didn't do a cervical check bc no contractions yet (Not even 100% sure if I've had BH)

Overall good. We're ready enough if this LO decides to make an early arrival. Still want to do a couple freezer meals and pack my bag is on the list for this week

being my first didn't know what to expect, but can't really complain