February 2018 Moms

FF*FC | 12.29

Any good ones?

I confess I'm a little disappointed when drive-bys don't come back to answer our questions. Or even sign on again after the initial post. Why post if you won't read the super fun responses we take the time to craft?
Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
TTC #1 since April 2015
RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
Polyp removed May 2017
FET May 2017 - BFP!
Baby boy born 2/2/18

Re: FF*FC | 12.29

• I can’t take another minute with my parents and sisters.  My older sister is in town ( we only see her maybe twice a year tops). My other two sisters are driving me crazy. One doesn’t want kids and is always pointing out things my kids do that make her not want them. The other is 19 years old, has never had a job or went to school (home schooled) and believes she’s a better parent than I am. She will point it out right in front of me and undermine what I say. 

Im suppose to go to a family dinner tonight and I’m highly considering faking an illness. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  •  My mother is driving me bonkers.  We are 95% sure she has  the beginning stages of dementia at this point,  and has been acting like a spoiled 4 year old since she arrived.

I had to take the tree down today because she kept knocking the ornaments down, it took 3 of us an hour to convince her to take a shower and that her clothes needed to be washed because she and her clothes smelled, my oldest finally told her i would physically wash her if she didn't shower. 

She has been repeating herself and pestring people non - stop.  She even annoyed my dh by following him arround and asking the same questions over and over,  which is pretty much impossible to do. 

She now wants to go antique shopping and i really don't want to leave the house to go look at furniture no one is going to buy in cold barns...
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Loading the player...
  •  My mother is driving me bonkers.  We are 95% sure she has  the beginning stages of dementia at this point,  and has been acting like a spoiled 4 year old since she arrived.

I had to take the tree down today because she kept knocking the ornaments down, it took 3 of us an hour to convince her to take a shower and that her clothes needed to be washed because she and her clothes smelled, my oldest finally told her i would physically wash her if she didn't shower. 

She has been repeating herself and pestring people non - stop.  She even annoyed my dh by following him arround and asking the same questions over and over,  which is pretty much impossible to do. 

She now wants to go antique shopping and i really don't want to leave the house to go look at furniture no one is going to buy in cold barns...
    Sadly, this sounds exactly like how my grandmother was when she started to get Alzheimer’s. She asked people the same questions over and over too. She also needed to follow her routine and wouldn’t take deviations well. Could you take her to a doctor for a screening?
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

I’m sorry. This sadly sounds like what we have dealt with for the last five years with my grandmother. It’s gotten progressively worse. Lord knows the last time she changed her clothes or let the people at the home wash them. I’m sorry you are dealing with this. 
  • @smorzandoj and @eggplantface i am supposed to talk to her about it on the 2nd before she leaves to go home. Her assistant and i have been monetering her and decided that would be the best timing so she didn't spend the whole visit trying to convince me of all she can do.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mamaof5already I am So sorry you are going through this. It’s so hard when you have to start taking care of the person who always took care of you. Sending love.
  • @mamaof5already oh, I’m so sorry you are facing that. I have no suggestions because I have not been through that, but it is one of my biggest fears/worries for my mom. I hope you are able to find a workable solution with her assistant.
  • Chawk17 said:
    This is more of uo..but I didn't see one this week and I'm in a mood this may also be a BF.... I lurk the Wednesday bumps..but don't participate. I swear there are people participating in bumps who I've never even heard of before. Or start new threads and I'm like " who are you?"  It drives me nuts. There. I'm done. Uo...im not a fan of people I don't know. 
     yep lots of new bumps are popping up,  maybe it's just people that are new to the site?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mamaof5already I’m sorry you all are going thru that. I remember when my mere started becoming not as lucid. It’s tough all around. 
  • Chawk17 said:
    This is more of uo..but I didn't see one this week and I'm in a mood this may also be a BF.... I lurk the Wednesday bumps..but don't participate. I swear there are people participating in bumps who I've never even heard of before. Or start new threads and I'm like " who are you?"  It drives me nuts. There. I'm done. Uo...im not a fan of people I don't know. 
     yep lots of new bumps are popping up,  maybe it's just people that are new to the site?
    I love hump day bump day! I try to participate in a lot of the posts... you ladies are an awesome support group. 
  • @mamaof5already so sorry to hear you’re experiencing that. You have your hands full. Someone should treat you to a “treat yo-self” day once she goes home. 
  • I ate almost an entire thing of the sugar cookies that are fluffy and you get at the grocery store with the thick frosting in two days. They are just so addicting and now I want more! 
  • I ate almost an entire thing of the sugar cookies that are fluffy and you get at the grocery store with the thick frosting in two days. They are just so addicting and now I want more! 
    That’s me and Oreos dipped in milk. I ate an entire sleeve of double stuff before I realized it. Then I felt guilty. 
  • My husband's uncle is driving me insane lately.  I feel bad for feeling that way (he has down syndrome and lives across the street from us with my husband's grandmother), but he has had a real attitude lately and hormonal me is not in the mood.  We were at the IL's for Christmas this past Saturday and our DD (2) and our niece (4 next month) were getting frustrated with each other over sharing as they were both getting tired and overwhelmed and he said they needed to leave.  I have literally never gotten snippy with him (DH and I have been married for 5 years and been together for 8 and known each other even longer than that so I've known his uncle for a long time too), but that crossed the line for me.  I told him he needed to stop and I wasn't in the mood for the attitude (nicest way I could word it).  He doesn't like DH that much as he has always picked with him (they do it to each other so I don't stand up for him because he is an adult and they both dish it as much as they take it lol) and helped his grandma with him and watching his eating habits (he will literally eat everything if left unattended as he doesn't ever feel full) and he doesn't like that DH has been able to grow up and do adult things like driving a car and stuff like that... anyway I'm getting rambly... so today we went over to visit so I could set up his grandma's tablet and his uncle starts joking around about how fat I've gotten and I just can't... DD has been insane the past week and I slept 5 hours last night and I can't respond to someone telling me how fat I am when I am 7 months pregnant.  He did say he was sorry for the other day though.  Ugh I need some sleep and maybe I'll be less moody lol.