January 2018 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change 12/28

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week/last?

4) How are baby preparations going?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: Has this pregnancy been better or worse than you had anticipated?

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 12/28

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 38 weeks; winter melon

2) How are you feeling? I think I have a sinus infection on top of all other pregnancy ailments(tired, back pain, leg cramps, reflux) on top of keeping up with DS and it's no fun! 

3) Any appointments this week/last? Appointment yesterday-HR great and still measuring on track! No progress with cervical check though, womp womp.  

4) How are baby preparations going?  All done doing what's going to be done! 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?  I have reached the over it stage. I am so ready to have this baby! 

6) GTKY: Has this pregnancy been better or worse than you had anticipated? It's most definitely better than I could have ever anticipated! Baby is healthy and I'm healthy and that's all you can ask for in my opinion! I will say though, I'm not one of those that enjoy pregnancy. Yes it's amazing and beautiful, but woof--I'll miss feeling her kicks and that is all  :D

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  38 weeks; spaghetti squash

2) How are you feeling?  Occasional pelvic pressure (that stops me in my tracks!), some heartburn, and perpetually tired because sleeping is a joke!

3) Any appointments this week/last?  38 week appt yesterday.  No more dilation (stuck at 1 cm for two weeks now).  Set induction date for January 4!  Might need cervidil the night before to get cervix moving if I haven't dilated more. 

4) How are baby preparations going?  Completely ready :)  Bag pack. Car seat installed. 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?  This pregnancy has been high-risk (Hx of preterm at 35 weeks, hx of LEEP and my age of 40).  So took Makena shots for 20 weeks, had cervical length checks bi-weekly, extra ultrasounds, etc. I thought for sure I'd end up delivering early.  So it's crazy to me that I've scheduled induction for 39 weeks! Very thankful, but just surprised. 

6) GTKY: Has this pregnancy been better or worse than you had anticipated?  I guess I'd say a little worse. My first two pregnancies (13 and 10 years ago) were pretty easy. I think my age contributed to a lot more discomfort this time around.  I also had to stop exercising due to a bleeding scare and irritable uterus- and think that would've helped more if I could've continued. 

Pregnancy Ticker