February 2018 Moms

EDD end of Jan to Feb 3 - 35 weeks (week of 12/24)

1) 35 weeks! (5 weeks to go!)
2) How are you feeling? 
3) Any appointments this week? 
4) Rants/Raves/Questions? 
5) GTKY: What was the best gift you got over the holidays? (Copied from other EDD posts)

Re: EDD end of Jan to Feb 3 - 35 weeks (week of 12/24)

• 1) 35 weeks! (5 weeks to go!) I find this just wild and I'm starting to panic a little bit lol. 
    2) How are you feeling? Overall I'm feeling good, though I'm thinking we're so not yet prepared for him to arrive yet.
    3) Any appointments this week? 3 this week, 2 MFM and 1 regular OB. Right now everything seems on track.
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm starting to get confused about what a baby sleeps in. Swaddlers? Onesies? Sleep sacks? Night gowns w/ the open bottom so he can be changed easily? So many choices, help!
    5) GTKY: What was the best gift you got over the holidays? (Copied from other EDD posts)
    We actually made it a point to say no gifts from fam (which was really hard, btw, since we all enjoy doing the gift thing), so we can defer til baby is born. But DH and I agreed to get ourselves something haha, so I got an Instant Pot and am excited to use it. 
  • I had an appointment this morning,  i was not put on any restrictions,  but am apparently dehydrated again!

I am sore,  things hurt randomly,  and in really tired of partying on my side!

I'm hoping for a calm peaceful week with the kids home from school. 

The Best gifts i got were things for the baby! The blooming bath,  a winter carseat cover and some footies!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) 35 weeks! (5 weeks to go!) yay!
    2) How are you feeling? 
    So tired! Haven't been sleeping well and DD is sick again so she's not sleeping well either.
    my weekly NSTs, ultrasounds and OB appointments start next week. I'm technically due early Feb, but delivering on Jan 30th because of my history
    Looking forward to getting nursery and all set after New Years then I'll feel a little more ready.
    bottle of wine (for after delivery) and chocolates - from my DH and new slippers I gifted myself - lol! 
  • @clc515 - there are so many sleeping options. You'll end up doing what your LO prefers and you might even end up doing all of them at different times. 
  • 1) 35 weeks! (5 weeks to go!) 
    Feeling ready!

2) How are you feeling?
    Overall, doing well. Some insomnia and 3rd tri nausea have kicked in but it just makes me look forward to holding LO in my arms soon.

Seeing the midwife today for a check-in. Finally feel like i am going to an appointment having questions to ask.

How is everyone choosing who to have in the delivery room. STMs: do you wish you would have chosen differently with your first/previous babies?

Got so many wonderful gifts this year. Definitely felt spoiled. Favorites were Kitchaid mixer, iPad, and a new purse picked out by my fiance. It was so thoughtful of him. Definitely not something i would usually spend money on. My old one I had been using for 5+ years. It was time for a new one.
  • @msunshine123 That's good to know. I was sorting baby laundry just thinking, do we even have the right clothes for this kid?

@nightnurse92 It'll just be me and DH in the delivery room. I go back and forth between even telling our parents we are in the hospital... On one hand, I'd like the memory of our parents there and the pics. On the other, they all can be hover-y and I imagine a baby will amplify that and I generally like a lot of space. Definitely curious what other STMs have been through.
  • @nightnurse92 for my 2 previous deliveries it was just my DH and I. Againfor this LO it will be just my DH and I. Everyone is different though and I'd say do whatever is best for you. 

***TW
    For my 1st my DS died during labor due to a cord accident - we couldn't get to an emergency c section fast enough. Given the unexpected complication it again was nice to have only myself and DH there.
    End TW***
  • 1) 5 weeks to go til my scheduled c-section - only 4 weeks left at work!  
    2) How are you feeling?  I'm at the phase where things on the ground are gone to me.
    3) Any appointments this week? I see the dr on Tuesday for 34 week visit.  At 36 weeks, I have a growth ultrasound and start weekly NST.
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions? I really want an Azaria diaper backpack.  tryyyyiiiing to justify it when a regular cheaper backpack would technically work.
    5) GTKY: What was the best gift you got over the holidays?
    I think my husband ordered me perfume at the last minute that hasn't arrived yet.
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @clc515 all of those are good sleeping options.  Onesies are good when it's hot out, sleep bags that are open on the end or light weight footies, when it's colder sleep sacks,  and heavier footies. 

@nightnurse92 just dh And I will be in the room. With my previous it was also Just me and my then dh. I think having a whole enterouge is a newer thing,  and that it would be distracting.  It wasnt that long ago that even dh's were allowed in the room.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7