August 2018 Moms

Re: WTF Wednesday 12/27

• Ok 1 my gif didn't work :(.

2. I finally called into my OB to get my US moved up because the original person who scheduled it booked it 7 weeks from the day I called in to make sure I would be far enough along, which I crazy because you're not actually pregnant at 1 week... Any who I finally convince myself I'm not crazy to want an earlier US and the earliest they can get me in is 1/8. I know the holidays mess things up but I'm still bummed. 
  • WTF stomach bug? TMI, but I’m having diarrhea today, and the smell is making me puke. But DS is being a great big brother already by getting me tissues and refilling my water glass. 
  • Loading the player...
  • WTF bed, why do you suck? I am getting sooo little sleep. Partially because my dog shares the bed with us and there's not enough room in our queen. Non-negotiable, she's staying. Anybody in love with a king size mattress in the $1500-or-less range? 
  • @Firemanswife11 we have a Casper that we love and it was only $900!
  • @kburg15 how long have you had it? Did you buy the support for it? This online mattress shopping is weird. Haha. 
  • A friend of mine has a queen size Casper and absolutely loves hers. I haven't really tried hers out for a long term test drive, but it seemed comfy. I'll probably look into getting one when our 10+ yo king mattress gives up the ghost at some point.

That said, I can't imagine sleeping with a dog. The hair, the aroma...sometimes it's bad enough sharing our bed with two cats on cold nights. We have a 7yo beagle-hound mix and he's always greasy cheesy smelling, even with bathing, must be all of the venison in his diet this time of year. Not to mention he gets irritated and growly when a cat tries to share his bed, or if feet move under blankets he's laying on (we learned that tent camping). 
  • lol @neeraja_k do beagles have an aroma that they are known for that sticks with them all the time? We have a basset and someone was like, "Bassets are great except for that hound smell!" which I thought was crazy but then I realized he ALWAYS SMELLS LIKE SMASHED PEAS! Weird.

My WTF is the weather. It is single digits here, and was -14 when I woke up. The highs this week are between single digits and SINGLE DIGITS BELOW. What? Did we fast forward to February? It is never this cold this early and now I am worried for later in the winter!
  • @SmashJam WTF to the weather is right! My car said -16 at one point this morning on my drive to work. I am getting real nervous for the next couple of months now. Ugh!
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• @Firemanswife11 we’ve had it about a year and a half and we love it! We didn’t buy support and haven’t had any trouble. It’s almost like a semi-memory foam. I was skeptical at first but she convinced me and I’m glad he did. Just a king size in general is amazing!
  • Yes to WTF weather. It’s sooo cold. Although I do find this preferable to first tri in extreme heat. That was gross. 

My wtf is to my cold. Which thankfully left for a Christmas and came back the next day even worse. 
  • @Firemanswife11 we got the purple about 3 months ago and love it! I think it’s in your price range!

WTF morning sickness and RLP kicking my butt? We are flying to see my family tomorrow so whyyyyy did it have to start today? 
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • WTF to the drink dispenser at the movie theater. It's a fancy one that serves a million types of drinks. I clicked on the "decaf" sub menu, and picked Barq's root beer without a second thought because I know that some rootbeers are decaf so if course Barq's must be one of them, right? After I got home my brother told me FYI Barq's isn't decaf, it shouldn't have been under that submenu. Ugh! Not only am I pregnant and trying to limit caffeine, but I finally got over my bad headaches from getting off of coffee totally.
  • @fishee333 Woah you just blew my mind. I had no idea!!!!

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• WTF morning sickness. We were doing great. Usually I’m sick at BFP. This time I was feeling so good. Left for Florida vacation. Morning sickness. Bam. Dramamine is helping some. Went to spa. Got my hair and nails and eyebrows done. Fell asleep during nails. So bummed to be at the beach and just wanting to stay in the camper. 
  • @mrsbubbles-2 @kburg15 I ended up buying a GhostBed yesterday. Anxiously awaiting its arrival. 
  • I purchased a new bed during my last pregnancy. I don’t recommend it, because your body is continuing to change. You can’t really gauge what is comfortable. I would tough it out until after you deliver. I was just as miserable in my new bed as I was in my old bed and regretted my purchase until after I delivered. 

My WTF Wednesday is the fact that I feel like a freight train hit me after I nap? I wrote about it in the previous post. 
  • Wtf to my sil who said she had allergies and came with us to dinner yesterday. My 6m old is now sick and miserable. 
  • @Mkrosieo Ugh that's so annoying, a huge pet peeve of mine. Keep you and your kids home if you are sick please! Yes it sucks being stuck at home, but it sucks more for a poor baby/toddler (and their parents!) if they catch what you have!