August 2018 Moms

How did all the Christmas announcements go?

2»

Re: How did all the Christmas announcements go?

• I didn't do anything creative but after reading all of your awesome ideas, I wish I had! DH and I live pretty far away from our families, so despite it being VERY early at the time (just 5 weeks) we decided to tell our immediate family members (parents and sibs) since it is the only time we would be able to tell them in person.

We told his parents with a Christmas card (signed "T, A and baby MoTown") , our sibs with one of those write your own cards during a Cards Against Humanity game, and my parents with a toast over Christmas Eve dinner.

Everyone was so happy and excited and there were lots of happy tears from parents BUT I was trying not to get everyone too amped up since it's so early. Hoping I will be updating everyone with good news after our first US on 1/11!!! 
  • I put DS in a "Best Brother" shirt and had him wander over to my parents.  They caught on right away and it was cute.   Also told my sis and BIL because I like wine and there was no way I was going to fool them for a week, but I did not want their kids to know so I told them quickly when we were alone.  And I showed them the video of when I told DH, which is pretty hilarious.
  • Loading the player...
  • We did a christmas reveal with DD1 (June '15 baby)...we put ultrasound pics in the grandparent's cards.  They liked it.

With DD2 (June '17 baby) they all got an ultrasound pic via text when we got NIPT results back.

This will be #3, barely 6 months after #2, so it will definitely be a surprise, but we're even less likely to make a big deal about this one.  Probably via text after the NIPT again.  It will be the 5th kid on both sides so it's not a big thing anymore.