June 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms Post Holidays/Rest of 2017

Re: Randoms Post Holidays/Rest of 2017

• Options
    @BurlapandLace That makes sense. 3 hours is close...and sounds like a perfect weekend getaway/babymoon! I agree it’s hard/impossible to recreate the experiences from a place. There’s a specific sauce we put on fish and chips back home that you can’t get anywhere else in Scotland, never mind the US. That’s also true of good fish and chips which I miss the most...and the experience of going to a “chippy” is just something you can only have back home, and I’ve tried the so called British chip shops in numerous states in the US. Not the same though usually fun. 

The closest Olive Garden or Outback is an 8 hour drive from me depending on the weather and I’d make that drive for the weekend for a steak or a blooming onion in a heart beat. Already have once this pregnancy haha

Enjoy your trip back home!
  • Options
    Last pregnancy I was thinking back to that episode of keeping up with the kardashians where Kim is pregnant and flies herself to New Orleans just to eat things she was craving. Prior to pregnancy that seemed so extra. Now? I totally get it. If I had the means to fly myself places to eat, I’d definitely do it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It’s 11:30pm right now. I’m hungry and DH just offered to make me a chicken patty sandwich. WHY DID I SAY NO?!? At least I know what I’ll be dreaming about tonigh...
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ha! If only we all had the resources of a Kardashian. I’d be on a plane to Scotland for sure. Maybe stop in Vermont for a maple creemee too. 

I told my hubby last week that I was craving apples. He said “ok, we’ll put them on the shopping list for this week” ...I informed him that that is not how cravings work at all ... and sent him to the store for a Fuji apple. I’m usually not high maintenance at all so it’s been an adjustment for both of us! I’m learning that if I gotta eat...I just gotta eat! :smiley: 
  • Options
    doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
    edited December 2017
    I am on hold with Citibank because they decided this month to start charging us a $25 "monthly service fee" because our balance average is below $10k. I never agreed to an account that charges me $25 if my balance drops below TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS. In February, our account we've had for like six years was hacked, so Citibank opened a new one for us and closed the old one. And those fcktards decided to swap our account without telling us to some crazy account package?? And then didn't charge us until now due to a system glitch?? wtf wtf wtf
  • Options
    Give em Heck @doxiemoxie212 !! That would NOT be acceptable. Grrr.... 

I am always so fired up to take on these types of things. Sometimes my DH will step in because I am a little too "enthusiastic". Always polite, but firm. 

Mama to a wonderful DD - Sep 2015, Wife to my DH since 2011, 2 dogs, a cat, and hoping to add No. 2 in May/June 2018. Canadian.
    5 - IUIs, 3 - IVF retrievals, 2- failed transfers (fresh, and frozen), PGS on second IVF resulted in 1 perfect emby, and DD. 
    3rd IVF w PGS resulted in 3! perfect embys. 1st transfer - Sep 2017 2 more on ice. 
  • Options
    doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
    edited December 2017
    I swear to god, the only benefit to this crazy account package is that they will waive random ATM fees. THERE IS A CITIBANK ON EVERY CORNER IN NYC WTF WHO CARES??? Also they never told us about it so we never utilized it so effff them.

They did finally fix it, though. 45 minutes later.
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 Did they let you change your account? That's crazy that they did that to you.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LaceyBee522 yeah, and I should mention that the woman I spoke to actually proactively said she'd file a formal complaint internally about it because we should have been informed. So, they fixed it, and I'm satisfied for now lol. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 Oh, wow! It sounds like you got someone decent when you called. I've had more arguments with Chase Bank than I care to count, but it is just too much trouble to transfer everything to a new bank...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Those limits on checking accounts are ridiculous. I find it so silly when they say we'll give you $100 if you open a checking account with>$10000 and keep it over..... Like really what's a $100 when you've got minimum $10k in the bank? Chump change and we're supposed to swoon? :D
  • Options
    Anyone have a good recipe for fresh fish (walleye) in an air fryer?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @krashke yessss make sure you share your dress options with us so we can live vicariously through you! 
  • Options
    @krashke when pregnant with DS, we had a few weddings. While the sausage feet ruin me wearing my cute heels, and i ended up in my oldnavy flip flops before even walking in. it was really nice to get all done up and feel good while pregnant!
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 that is exactly the reason we ditched Citibank and bank with Ally now! They were charging us so many fees and Ally does free ATM fees and free checks. I might be the only person in the universe who still uses checks!
  • Options
    Picking a name is frustrating. Well aware we have months but grrr. Us 3 all have T names (actually DH and I have the same 3 initials). We didn't plan that with DS, it was just the name we liked (not the same middle initial though).
    Now we feel this obligation, not to mention pressure from family, to do another T name. But I'm not falling in love with any T boy names. We like a few, but nothing like 'ohhh maybe!'. 
  • Options
    @catlady1215 Ugh, I find boy names so hard in general! We used seriously the only one we had one our first. We keep joking that if this one is a boy, too, we’re just going to call him “hey, dude.”
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    @moonovergoldsboro they're so hard! we were between names till the night before we left the hospital. We put our top runners from then, on this list.... but it doesn't feel right. Not sure if it's cause they were DS' possible names or cause we talked about them for 6 years now, we're over them lol.

DS wants T-Rex or rexy :D 
  • Options
    Just popping back in for the first time after Christmas! Sounds like everybody had a good holiday or winter break or is happy the Christmas stress is over  :) I am feeling a mixture of all that. We drove home yesterday after spending a week at my mom's. Then spent today unpacking all the gifts, taking the tree down and packing up all the Christmas decorations.

I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year. Glad to be back at home with DS in his own crib on his regular schedule, getting things cleaned up/decluttered and stuff. But I always feel the big after Christmas letdown. I know it will hit on Tuesday after DH goes back to work and its just me and little man for 12 hours a day especially in the dark and dreary weather, so I'm bracing myself for that. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212, OMG GL doxiemoxie's DH! Keep us posted!

@krashke, I also have a wedding to go to the same day! It's all the way across the country, so I'm definitely getting trip insurance in case anything happens (only 5w before my due date). DH is in the wedding party. My sister's wedding is two weeks before that, and I'm MOH, so I'm hoping I don't grow too much in between and can get double use out of this bridesmaid dress. Lord knows there's no other reason I'd wear it again unless I magically have a swanky event the next time I'm KU (and I'm approximately the same size then too).

Me: 30 | DH: 31
    Met: August 2006
    Married: July 2012
    TTC #1 since June 2016

***TW***

BFP: 7/12/16 | MC: 9/12/16
    BFP: 1/18/17 | MMC: 2/13/17
    BFP: 10/7/17 | EDD: 6/21/17

MTHFR: homozygous A1298C
  • Options
    @krashke I had a wedding at 36 weeks with DS - 5 hours away. It was a weekend thing - the bride rented an inn for all of us. It was great because I could spend time with everyone but I still went to bed by 9. 

Also, we have the Mesa and Cruz. I’m probably the only one who regrets both. The Cruz was just too big in the long run (switched to an umbrella at 9 months). And the Mesa just wasn’t worth the price. Car seats are all so similar. 
  • Options
    I went to one wedding pregnant, and I wore a maxi dress and flip flops because it was May and I was 8 months pregnant. 
  • Options
    @krashke I had to go to a wedding with DD at 33 weeks. It was def nice to get all dressed up! And we had the perfect excuse to peace out early. PinkBlush all the way for a dress

Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH woke up with a stomach bug today. My WORST fear  :s I directed him straight from the downstairs bathroom up the stairs to our room, where he's been since. Half bath door shut for HIM to disinfect later. My pregnant self isn't even chancing that. What are mine and DS' chances of walking away from this clean, waaaahhhhh!!! 
  • Options
    I finally tried to update my ticker in my siggy to my new due date and it kept telling me it was too long. Like there are like 9 other characters besides the ticker, how is that too long?!
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @dinodna3 signatures are going through a glitch. I think it’s been about a week. 
  • Options
    Ahh, good to know. I’ll try again next week sometime. 
  • Options
    Todders who are bad/picky eaters are the worst nightmare. I'm over my dd and her eating habits.  Baby 2 better be a significantly better eater or  I'm going to lose my dang mind.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @sabby2 I'm with you. but DS isn't even a toddler anymore! He ate everything till 18/20months. And now at 5yrs old, he STILL only eats the same handful of foods. We actually think there's some anxiety involved. But either way, IM bored with his diet, how isn't he? Annnnd smelling the same meals over and over isn't easy for a pregnant lady lol.
  • Options
    Monday BF isn't coming quick enough.  Last night I found out that my carpet that's on the other side of the wall to my hot water heater was completely soaked.  We got the hot water heater replaced in September but it didn't seem to be leaking.  We called the plumber out anyways and he showed up at midnight last night, took out a huge hole in my wall and thinks it's from the main water line, but he's not entirely sure.  It's coming from below, not above.  We don't have a basement and the only way to figure it out is to drill through the concrete slab which is going to cost $$.  So we're going to contact the insurance company but of course it's a holiday weekend and they don't open until Tuesday.  So we have no water until at least then, and who knows how much longer.  It totally sucks.  We bought this house move in ready in March and it's the third hole that has been needed in our wall/ceiling for different reasons.  This house better be perfect in 2018, because I won't have time for this crap come June lol. 
  • Options
    @becca_123 Woof, that sucks. Living without running water is so hard. Hope the issue is an relatively easy fix and this is the last of your house woes.

I wholeheartedly agree @sabby2. I'm at the point where I done with the battles over food. If she doesn't eat what she's served, so be it. I know she won't starve herself and she will eat eventually but it is so frustrating.
  • Options
    Y’all, I have done two Pilates classes in the last week (first time since BFP), and I am soooooooooo sore!  :#:D 
  • Options
    @becca_123 I am SO over the hot water leaking issues myself. Luckily mine is in a basement but the damn thing  (2nd new one in a month)  is putting out like a cup or 2 of water onto my concrete floor daily. Confession--I just wanted to get through the holidays the water flows kind of towards the drain so I just said F it, leak you SOB, until after the holidays and then ill deal with it. Truly feel like I'm losing my mind over the f'in thing. 
  • Options
    @dinodna3 thanks, it's either going to be really easy or really hard, depending on what's causing it so we'll see!

@amys614 I feel you, if mine was in a basement I'd totally just let it go for now too.  Hopefully third time is a charm for you.
  • Options
    @becca_123 ugh sorry to hear about that! Being without water sucks.. our water pipes have been freezing off & on this past week and I am SO over it (and this -40 degree weather)