August 2018 Moms

Second Week Check In

edited December 2017 in August 2018 Moms
This is a check in for those of us due between August 8th and 14th. 

How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons? 
How are you feeling? Physically and/or emotionally? 
What are you doing for NYE?
GTKY: If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?

7+1... Ovia app says baby is the size of a Brookesia micra chameleon. Kind of cool having an actual living thing to compare baby to vs. an inanimate object. For whatever reason, I think it makes it seem more real. :)
Feeling great overall. I have no appetite, but I'll take that over nausea any day. Constant slight headache as well, but that's pretty normal for me and might not even be pregnancy-related.
We have zero plans, and I'm so excited!
I'd put way more energy into decorating my house seasonally. It's something my mom does that I just cannot gather the energy or motivation to do. My Christmas decorations will prob be up through the end of January. One year, our (artificial) tree was still up on April 1st. Oops.
Me: 28, DH: 40
Married 9/28/13
DS born 11/12/15
EDD 8/13/18

Re: Second Week Check In

• How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons? 
    According to the Ovia app I am 7 weeks today and baby is the size of a rolling die
    Physically-Terrible. I have a sinus infection that won't go away and on top of regular pregnancy symptoms it sucks. 
    Emotionally- We originally thought we were a one and done family. My DD is almost 2 and man she can be a tough kid. I'm terrified of having 2 to be honest. I love her dearly but its been a rough morning. Any STM + have any advice for adjusting to having a newborn and a toddler?
    We have no plans for NYE. We never do anything lol.
    I would read all of the new books I just got for Christmas but I'm just so tired. 
    I hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday!
    7+3 today. TB says the size of an uncooked piece of macaroni. Oddly small and misshapen I guess!
    How are you feeling?
    Physically: Crummy--nausea was worse last week than this week but I am so low on energy. I feel like I could sleep all day and still be tired. I'm going back to work tomorrow after a few days off for the holidays and am not sure how things are going to go.
    Emotionally: since I haven't had my first ultrasound yet, I feel like im putting off any major decisions until then. Feels a bit like the pregnancy is on hold or not real yet (besides how physically awful I'm feeling). Is going to be overwhelming to tackle all the major things once the time comes (ultrasound is Jan 10th), i.e. telling everyone, figuring out how to get enough time off work, finding a daycare with long enough hours, rebudgeting to accommodate, etc. Obviously I'm already thinking about these things, but they are currently just hanging over my head as I don't feel I can address them until after things are more confirmed at the first appointment.
    What are you doing NYE?
    Working. On call at the hospital the entire first week of the new year! 
    If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
    Not entirely sure! Work on keeping the house a bit cleaner. We have a very large, very sheddy dog that makes life fun but more difficult in that respect. I would probably also work on the baby quilt that I started a few months back, way before I even knew I was pregnant!

Hope you are all doing well and thanks for getting the week 2 thread going!
  • Loading the player...
  • How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons? I'm 7+1 today so I have a blueberry/M&M according to TB.
    How are you feeling? Physically and/or emotionally? The antibiotics are winning over the strep throat, thank goodness, so I feel a lot better! I am super jet lagged from Hawaii and it is cold and dark here and I have no desire to be at work. Still no m/s which I know I should be happy about but I also stupidly POAS today and the line didn't seem as dark as two weeks ago so I am anxious, I can't wait until my u/s on Thursday.
    What are you doing for NYE? We are staying in and having my mom and brother over to watch football and fireworks. I will be surprised if I make it to midnight with how tired I've been. 
    GTKY: If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? This is hard because I spend so much time trying to cut corners elsewhere to get more sleep, haha. Exercise more for sure, and maybe take up a new hobby or volunteer.
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @jmcooke25 - I'm sorry you're not feeling well! Sinus infections are no joke. Are you on antibiotics? I also have a 2yo - solidarity!
    @doctormom33 - sorry you've been so tired! Hopefully that lets up soon. I also totally get not feeling like you can address things until after the first appointment. I have told a handful of close friends, but that is all. It feels much less 'real' for me this time around for some reason.
    @legallykate - glad you're starting to get over the strep! Try not to stress about the lighter line. Good luck at your u/s!
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons? 7+5, the size of a blueberry. I showed DS the pic on my Pregnancy+ app, and he said “The baby looks like a shrimp!” 

How are you feeling? Physically and/or emotionally? Emotionally... We did end up hosting Christmas for DH’s family yesterday. Most of them were kind of moody & irritable. We let DS wear his shirt to tell everyone, and only one person (an aunt) acted happy for us. Everyone else was just like, “oh, ok... when are we eating?” Thankfully my family’s reactions earlier in the day made up for it. Physically, I’m exhausted. I think I’m getting DS’s cold, plus I have a headache and am still nauseous. 

What are you doing for NYE? My neighbor is also pg & due in Aug, and she suggested we g2g for NYE. I’m good with that since they’re literally 50 feet away from us. 

GTKY: If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? Decorate & fix up our house, read more, cook from scratch more. 
  • @doctormom33 have you ever considered a Roomba? I just got one for Christmas, and I’m already noticing a major improvement in the dog hair. DH is obsessed with it and has ran it downstairs about 5 times in the last 2 days. It goes places my Dyson can’t fit, like under the couch, and it’s dealing with the dog hair really well. 
    Apparently as big as a blueberry? Which blows my mind! I'm 7 + 4 days. 

Physically, really good - which is freaking me out emotionally! Last week and the week before I had major nausea and exhaustion (though the exhaustion might be from a crazy work schedule). This week - no nausea at all. No growing pains, no headaches, feeling good. This is my first pregnancy so everything is new and a little scary for me. I struggle with anxiety in general in my life, so I'm working hard to let go and just accept that "que sera sera."

Spending it with my in-laws! And trying to hide the fact that I'm not drinking...

More yoga, more cooking, more spending time with friends, and spending time outside!

7+2..I haven't been following comparisons yet, I think I'm anxious to before my first prenatal/ultrasound later this week.
    Exhausted. Slight nausea at random points throughout the day but not too bad. We've been running since Friday for holiday gatherings so I think it's caught up with me by today. Emotionally I've been on edge. Anxiety and maybe a touch of depression I'm fighting. I'm sort of happy Christmas is over and I can get back to my normal routine next week.
    We usually like to stay in and have a quiet night. Especially now with a 2 year old we won't be going out or making late plans.
    I'd probably take advantage of having some time to myself! I don't get much of that time during normal days, so I'd catch up on shows I like and just rest
  • @doctormom33 have you ever considered a Roomba? I just got one for Christmas, and I’m already noticing a major improvement in the dog hair. 
  • thanks for starting this! I’ve been wanting too but my pgal brain is too superstitious. 

7w5 today. Not sure how big yet (see pgal brain...)
    Physically crummy lol. Morning sickness. Puked a couple times and dry heave most days. Food is blech but I’m hungry.
    emotionally ok. Holidays helped distract, so now I just need to keep the anxiety at bay until my u/s Thursday afternoon
    dinner at a local awesome (top chef!!) restaurant, 6 courses. With my parents and sisters and husbands. Can’t wait!
    assuming everyone else in my house still needed sleep lol... read?? It’s fallen to the wayside these last few years unfortunately. Clean? I can never keep up. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• @lakesideknitter no antibiotics yet. It started two days before Christmas and I've been too tired to call the doctor. Two year old are no joke! Lol! 
    I'm 7 weeks today and TB has the baby at the size of a blueberry.

I could be better tbh. I feel "blah" physically but I'm grateful that my nausea has subsided. I've just been eating much smaller meals. I have been an emotional wreck though. I moved in with my mother recently to help her and she has been making me lose it everyday. I'm trying to pull it together. 

My SO's birthday is on NY's so I planned a romantic evening for us on NYE. NY's day will be all the fun stuff like shopping and matching outfits lol. 

I really enjoy sleeping but if I didn't, I would definitely volunteer more often.
    7 weeks! Yay, blueberry!!!

Not so great. M/s seems to visit more frequently than not, currently. I’m tired but keep waking up early. Concentration is low much of the time because so much of my focus is on trying to ignore m/s.

Not sure. I feel like a jerk, since it’s DH’s birthday, but we haven’t done too much for it in the past few years (since DS was born).

I’d definitely read more.
  • @melprop -- I am tempted to try a roomba, but I have been warned by some people that it doesn't do great with dog hair? Would hate to spend that kind of money only to not have it work for me! 

Apparently this post of "what I would do without sleep" was enough motivation for me on my last day off for the holidays! Cleaned the house (somewhat) and made some progress on my baby quilt!
  • @legallykate Try not to worry too much about not having lots of symptoms. When I was expecting with my first, I barely had any symptoms the entire pregnancy and had a happy, healthy baby. However, this one is totally making up for it with ALL the symptoms.
  • @doctormom33 I have a basset hound & 3 beagles, and my Roomba has done great with dog hair. My SIL has one too, and hers does well with their large, longer haired dog’s hair. She & I both have hard floors, though, so I can’t say if it works on carpets. I set my Roomba up on my phone to clean at midnight every night, and it seems to be working so far. My only complaint is that it keeps getting itself stuck under furniture. 
    8 weeks today, baby is a raspberry!

I feel pretty good for the most part. I get a little nauseated most days, more so in the afternoon/evenings, and I am so tired in the evenings I fall asleep on the couch most days. Some cramping like pain I’m assuming is round ligament pain. Emotionally I feel fine. 

DH says he is going to make plans, but he is a notorious last minute planner, so he’ll probably tell me the day of! But I’m sure it’ll be out to dinner or something like that, which is fine. 

Oh man, probably exercise and clean? I don’t seem to have time for either anymore, because I am always sleeping in the evenings! Maybe bake, that might make it to the top of the list depending on the day. 

And I agree with everyone on the roomba, great investment. We got one that was good for dog hair, our dog sheds like crazy all year long! It doesn’t do the most thorough cleaning, but I am more willing to run it every other day than actually get a vacuum out to clean, so it does a better job just based on usage. We have a mix of carpet and tile and it does fine on both surfaces. Im considering getting the steam mop vacuum (we have more tile than carpet, and have dog drool everywhere) but I’d be afraid it would mess up the carpet if it went over it. So may have to leave that one to a human task not a robot task. 
  • I third (fourth?) the Roomba rec, when we are good about running it every day it helps soooo much with cat hair - we have two cats so the default is for fur to be everywhere, I don't even understand how they seemingly shed so much year round. 

@proudparent2b @lakesideknitterThank you, I am trying to stay sane! FX my u/s tomorrow will go well and alleviate any anxiety. 

@proudparent2b I always feel bad not doing much for DH's birthday but then I'm like ehh you are a 30-whatever year old man, do you really need a big to-do?

@jmcooke25 Hope you are feeling better, def go for the antibiotics if not, I felt bad about taking them but am sooo glad now that I feel better.

Hope everyone's m/s gets more manageable! 
    *TTC History*

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

7weeks 4days.  TB says baby is the same size as a jellybean.  Told that to DH this morning and his followup question was "What color jellybean?  That's what really matters."
    I've been feeling pretty blah the past few weeks.  On and off nausea throughout the day and weird appetite.  Can't deal with cooking anymore, so it's a lot of pasta or grilled cheese at home (sorry DH, no gourmet meals for you!).  I am also SO exhausted.  Luckily I am on vacation this week, but not sure what will happen when I go back to work next Tuesday and have to function for multiple hours at a time.
    We are heading to New Orleans tomorrow though New Years--my cousin in getting married, so meeting the family down there.  We bought tix for a jazz show with dinner and open bar for NYE, but not sure how I am going to make it to midnight at all (and so much for paying for open bar since I'll be having lots of fancy non-alcoholic drinks!)
    Ah I've been sleeping so much lately, that extra time could really be used for anything!  So many little projects I wanted to do around the house over vacation, going through pictures, making a wedding scrapbook that is a year and half overdue, house projects, etc!  

Excited to get to know everyone!
  • How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons? As big as a blueberry! The growth simply amazes me! True miracle. 

How are you feeling? Physically and/or emotionally? Good days a blah days. The good days make me nervous. And the bad days make me want to cry- lol! Pregnancy hormones. 

What are you doing for NYE? Nothing special:( LAME

GTKY: If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?  Read and spend more quality time with my kids and hubby (if they were awake too). 
  • How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons? 8 weeks today- raspberry

How are you feeling? Physically and/or emotionally?  Still extremely exhausted and nauseous. Emotionally feeling guilty that I'm doing the bare minimum.

What are you doing for NYE? Going to church (it's on a Sunday) and having a potluck with games after. Hope to be in bed by 9:30, I'm a real party animal.

GTKY: If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?  I'd probably still lay in bed and relax even sans sleeping.
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons? Baby is 7+4, Apparently baby is the size of a tic tac!
    How are you feeling? Physically and/or emotionally? Physically exhausted, my constant nausea and occasional vomiting are ramping up from week 6 until now. Ive probably lost about 10 pounds and I look terrible! Today at work three different coworkers asked me if I was okay. The exhaustion is real, working 12 hours shifts is like running a marathon, mind over matter! naps on breaks are saving me.
    What are you doing for NYE? Working!
    GTKY: If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? Binge Outlander, read a million books, learn to do calligraphy.
  • @hannerbananers Ughhhh so sorry you have it so bad and with 12 hour shifts to boot. Hopefully it will only last a few weeks! Do you think your CWs are suspicious or just rude? Haha. Also how is 7+4 tic tac when 7+2 is altoid, I am not understanding these size comparisons!
    *TTC History*

• @legallykate Thanks! Honestly I think people are figuring it out because I am usually chatty and happy, and Im like Queen Grumps at the moment haha. Some of my coworkers know now because Ive had to trade a few patients with them and the only reason I wouldn't be able to take a shingles patient is pregnancy so its pretty obvious. It's one of those work areas where the environmental hazards can be so high so you sort of rely on your team to help you out.

The size thing is annoying! Honestly I've been skipping most of the apps and going back to my perinatal nursing textbooks to re learn all the fetal development. it's way more detailed!
  • edited December 2017
     @jaime091307 Me too! I only had one good day in the last few weeks but you bet I was grabbing my boobs making sure they still hurt!
  • @hannerbananers I feel you on the 12 hour shifts! I also wish I had more time to Binge on Outlander, I’m about halfway through season three. 

How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons? The Bump says a blueberry. @lakesideknitter I also have the Ovia app but I’m not sure if I like it all that much. 

How are you feeling? Physically and/or emotionally? I’m finally getting over my congestion and starting to get some energy back. Emotionally, I’ve just been moody a lot. Not a sobbing mess like I was with DS. 

What are you doing for NYE? Nurse here, so I get the pleasure of working. Just like Christmas... 

GTKY: If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? Cook, exercise and read more. And maybe work some overtime. 
  • How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons?I’m 7+5 today- This morning the app compared the baby to an ear bud, yesterday an Altoid
    How are you feeling? Physically and/or emotionally? I started getting nauseous end of week 5....then i started getting sick sinus/congestion/cough/fatigue/gross. After being sick for 2 weeks i am finally starting to feel better. I’m ready to feel like exercising and eating again. Mentally/emotionally I over analyze every symptoms in my abdomen, google a lot and pee on sticks weekly. Hopefully I’ll ease up after my first appointment next Thursday! 
    What are you doing for NYE? The past few years we stared a tradition to host friends watch our Tigers in a college football playoff game- but this year the game is NYD- so we will just have friends over for an oyster roast (none for me:( ) and try not to fall asleep before midnight ;)
    GTKY: If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? Craft and exercise ! I love making things, but cleaning and work and exhaustion get in the way. I just want to make pretty things and be outside. I’m ready for retirement ;)
  • I just got a Roomba for Christmas! I can't wait to plug it in and get it to work taking care of the dog hair and bits of dog toys.

I am 8+1 today. The baby is the size of a raspberry and the weight of a paperclip.
    How are you feeling? Physically and/or emotionally? I haven't had much M/S, so that's been nice. But the exhaustion and minor cramps has been enough for me. I am exhausted all the time, but looking forward to my first doctor's appt on 1/11 is keeping me going. 
    What are you doing for NYE? We plan to watch football, indulge in sparkling grape juice, and watch the ball drop.
    GTKY: If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? I'd work on decorating my house, cleaning, and reading. I am looking forward to picking up that hobby again this year.