January 2018 Moms

Daily Vent Session 12/25-12/31

2»

Re: Daily Vent Session 12/25-12/31

• @jaclyn0405 right? I don’t want to puke for nothing! 
  • Tagging is hard on the app so I'm just going to respond to above comments because I don't have it in me to tag right now.

Love the junk punch him comment for manflu! I laughed out loud! 

When people ask to feel my belly I've only said yes to family members (mom, SILs, MIL). Anyone else, I just say that she's not moving right now so there isn't anything to feel. I tell them I'll let them know when she starts moving.....and then I never do. No one has pushed it. 

I'm totally okay when my niece and nephews curl up on my bump. I think they are cute. My nephew who "hates baby girls" was putting his head on my bump the other day and asking me about his cousin. It was cute. My niece keeps hugging my bump every chance she gets. She's been practicing with her doll so she's ready for her lil cousin. My two other nephews haven't initiated much.
  • Loading the player...
  • @kelk5 my nieces do the same thing and it's totally precious!
  • 38.2 over here and I have no idea what is going on. I haven't been checked so I don't know if I'm dialated or not. I'm sort of okay with that though. I feel like the number doesn't mean anything, ultimately. I keep meaning to DTD with DH and we've just been so tired at night that it hasn't happened. Morning is his preferred time so I should just go for it then but if it's going to put me into labor I'd rather it not happen at work! I am eating labor cookies, taking evening primrose oil and bouncing on the exercise ball though. I think I might stick an EPO capsule up there tonight too. We'll see if I remember. 
  • 38 weeks today and my toddler is seriously the walking plague.  He has successfully given both DH and I pretty bad colds.  DS was really only bad for like 3 days tops, but here we are dying.  Coughing feels terrible and I have so much junk stuck in my throat that during an awful episode of heartburn this morning where I threw up a little in my mouth it did not go back down very easy at all!  FML.  I have been daydreaming about when I am no longer pregnant... It is very pleasant and I barely care about the work it will take to get there... Just get me there please!!
  • Mom went to the DR this morning because she was feeling awful (sinuses, congestions, sore throat, you know the works).  She tested negative for strep but they are going to treat her like she has it...what???  that makes absolutely no sense to me.  She either has it or she doesn't and it totally matters to me since I'm still at her house for the holidays!  UGHHHHHHHH  (side note:  apparently DH's manflu was not absolutely terrible because he feels better today and finally got out of bed...)
  • My boss with a panicked look on his face comes into my office and asks “what’s the protocol for if you go into labor here- are we calling 911, your husband,..?” 

lol wtf. Um no, please do not call 911 unless you’re planning on paying the ambulance bill. Also- I work behind a hospital with an L&D (not the one I plan on delivering at) but told him worst case scenario someone could help me walk over to the hospital. 

And this man has a daughter. She’s 9 so it’s been awhile but you don’t just pop out a baby the moment contractions hit, there’s some build up. Goodness 
  • @sbishop426 literally just had this conversation with a girl at work and my only thoughts were "Dear Lord please do not let me go into labor while at work because these fools will freak out and cost me a fortune!"  I fear if I go into labor at work or my water breaks all hell will break loose and it will be a mad rush to leave before someone freaks out and calls 911.  My thoughts and plan, just let me handle it.  I'll call my husband and work out a plan and then just let them know that I'll be leaving for maternity leave lol Honestly, it just needs to happen at night or on the weekend so I don't have to deal with these folks! Fingers crossed yours doesn't happen at work either!
  • ^my thoughts exactly. The paranoia in my dept today has been crazy. And I got a “should you be working still?” I think my boss seemed a little relieved when I told him the hospital we literally work behind and can walk to can deliver my baby so need to panic. But really, people, there’s no need to call 911. 
  • @sbishop426 hubby took care of this paranoia months ago. He gave his number to my number 1 employee and to my boss then went over instructions with them both on what to do if my water breaks in the office. Even made sure they felt comfortable driving my truck if need be. Now everyone at work HOPES it happens here!
  • @jakobaby i did acupuncture for TTC... didn't love it or hate it either and can't really say if it made any difference or not, but know of some ladies on my previous bmb who went into labor within days of getting it. So it's totally in my plans if I need to get this baby out, though it sounds like a note from OB is probably needed. I didn't take castor oil, but took black cohosh prior to my first delivery. 

My dh and i have both been fighting the same cold and I joked that finally, having an 8mos preggo cold, I could empathize just a little with how awful the man cold is. 
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• My boss with a panicked look on his face comes into my office and asks “what’s the protocol for if you go into labor here- are we calling 911, your husband,..?” 

lol wtf. Um no, please do not call 911 unless you’re planning on paying the ambulance bill. Also- I work behind a hospital with an L&D (not the one I plan on delivering at) but told him worst case scenario someone could help me walk over to the hospital. 

And this man has a daughter. She’s 9 so it’s been awhile but you don’t just pop out a baby the moment contractions hit, there’s some build up. Goodness 
    I’m waiting for this to happen at my work. My office isn’t 2 hours from where I’m going to deliver and 2 hours from DH’s office. But so far my boss still hasn’t quite wrapped his head around the fact that I’m not going to our annual conference that is 10 hours from my hospital the week of my due date...so there’s that....

I think at this next appt, the midwife and I are going to have a talk about when it’s time to get on the road because I don’t wanna do anything dumb but I am not taking PTO for false labor either, if I can help it. 
    January 2018 Board September Siggy Challenge: Fall

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I left work early 2 days this week due to false labor signs. Thankfully my office is very flexible and I've been able to make up the hours working from home. Next week if I go back in, I'm not going to leave for anything other than going straight to the hospital... and it would have to be because I'm in serious pain or my water breaking. False labor has been mentally messing with me. 
  • @darkrose88 love tit for support. I'm now on day 5 of inconsistent contractions but we had a moment yesterday when we were all ready to head to the hospital before they just stopped. It's so draining, hopefully your little guy is here soon!