July 2018 Moms

FTM Check In w/o 12/25

How far along are you?

How are things going?

Appointments upcoming/recent?

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: What are some of your New Year's Resolutions?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: FTM Check In w/o 12/25

• How far along are you?

11+5

How are things going?

I've had a virus the last week, all the horrible cold symptoms and wasn't really able to eat much at all. Other than that, pretty good pregnancy overall.

I have an appointment next Thursday at 13 weeks! Always happy to see the little one moving around in there.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

I've had a question for the last few days, but of course I can't think if it right now. -.-

Next year I'd really like to focus on improving myself as a wife. I do the normal duties, but I could be better from time to time about it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 9w + 3d

How are things going? Going well. Good days and bad days in terms of fatigue. I've been so gogogo all weekend that I totally crashed yesterday. I practically couldn't move yesterday. I don't really think Hubby understands the extent of the exhaustion because he kept asking me to do things. He didn't even stop after I broke down crying because I was so exhausted and just wanted to be left alone. **eye roll**

Appointments upcoming/recent? Appointment tomorrow. Regular doctors appointment and I think it's my first meeting the other OBs at the practice. Oh boy.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I think I ranted above. One rave is don't have to go back to work until tomorrow. huzzah.

GTKY: What are some of your New Year's Resolutions? Be better with my diet. Try and force more protein and veggies in me once this nausea finally gets a bit better. 

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?
    12 +5

How are things going?

Pretty well, finally not feeling icky all the time and starting to have a little more energy again!

Stupidly, I have one today. Because the best time to schedule an appointment that requires being on a scale is immediately after a weekend of complete feasting and eating all the holiday treats. Oops! Hoping other than that, everything goes well.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Just so tired of my boobs hurting. Starting to hurt a little less, but this still really sucks. Does this ever change or do I have months of this to look forward to?

I never make these, because I never stick to it. But this time, I'm going to be on my mom to get healthy. My husband and I are pretty active and we completely intend to continue to be that way after the baby comes, so if my mom wants to be around the baby, she needs to get in control of her health otherwise she'll never see us because we hike most of the year and snow shoe during the winter. I think the grandbaby will be what finally gives her motivation to kick it into gear.

• How far along are you? 12w 4d

How are things going? i think good...I had a few days in a row where the vomiting came back but yesterday and today have been good. Kind of back to not really feeling pregnant beyond the tiny bump and bloat

Appointments upcoming/recent? No! After getting to see the babies once a week for a while we have a 4 week gap between appointments (one week down...). Anxious for Jan 11 to see them again and make sure all is ok

Rants/Raves/Questions? Got to spend the holidays with my OB MIL so got all of my questions out of the way. Also psyched to not have to work this week, this break is much needed after 2 months of constant nausea/vomiting and craziness at the office

GTKY: What are some of your New Year's Resolutions? honestly just to get these babies here happy and healthy. Once they’re here though, it’s time to get my trainer back and focus on diet again 

• How far along are you? 13w 1d

How are things going? The pregnancy has been good so far, that I know of. My home life... not so good. 

Appointments upcoming/recent? My next ultrasound is on the 9th of January, I’ll also be getting results from the NIPT testing sometime between now and then. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Probably had the worst holiday of my life. Sorry for complaining but I don’t want to say it to anyone else. 

GTKY: What are some of your New Year's Resolutions? Get healthier for baby. Change my environment into a healthy, supportive one and stick to it. 

• How far along are you? 11W6D

How are things going? Nausea gone! Now just beyond exhausted & some odd pains & still having outrageously weird dreams at night. Getting into a decent exercise groove finally.

Appointments upcoming/recent? Thursday nuchal & hopefully NIPT results. Very anxious. 3 week gap by then & I stopped progesterone week 10...need some reassurance. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Starting to debate the amnio... but one step at a time. Are you ladies starting to think about it?

GTKY: What are some of your New Year's Resolutions? I need to reengineer my work / life balance before baby. Need to sell my home and either rent close to work, or move my parents from CA to NY & buy a home to house everyone. Big damn decisions!

• How far along are you?
    12+4

How are things going?

overall, really well! Took me 4 weeks to completely get over my cold, I'm finally not blowing my nose at all! Finally getting some energy back during the day, but I still need to go to bed early at night. Not a bad deal.

NT scan tomorrow! Nervous, but we already got clear results from the blood test. And the news that it's a boy!

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

we announced to our parents this Christmas! They are all soooo excited. We are both only children, so this is the first grandchild for both couples. My mom lives in Italy (I'm from there) so it is hard to be apart. She asked for bump pictures as she is putting together an album. So sweet! Both sets of parents are already planning trips to be here for the baby's birth (MIL and FIL are in Texas).

trying to stay calm throughout pregnancy as much as possible. I am.a hypochondriac and the first few weeks I was a wreck. But it's so important to send good happy vibes to the babe, I want to do all I can to avoid negative energy (which also means bye bye to any toxic people around me). Also going to try to declutter and avoid buying too much useless stuff for the baby. We have a 2 bd so it should not be hard!

• How far along are you? 10+2

How are things going? I'll keep to how things are going with baby. I am still experiencing ms at night and extreme exhaustion. Irritable. 

Appointments upcoming/recent? Tomorrow is my 10 week appointment

Rants/Raves/Questions? n/a

GTKY: What are some of your New Year's Resolutions? I don't have any. I am more focused on the here and now, rather than a month from now or all of 2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• How far along are you? 12 + 4

How are things going? Pretty good. I still haven't gotten sick but get nausea almost every day. And my sciatic nerve is a jerk.

Appointments upcoming/recent? 2nd appoint coming up in 2 weeks 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Not now

GTKY: What are some of your New Year's Resolutions? I haven't had time to think about it, but I have already been working hard to manage my stress/anxieties and focus on being positive. 

• How far along are you? 
    10 + 1

How are things going?
    Good as far as I know. Very ready for some of that 2nd trimester energy that people talk about. 

4 weeks until my next appointment

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Finally finished telling all close family members the news. I'm not sure why but I feel so awkward everytime I tell someone. We're ready for the news to spread on its own now and that is a relief. 

I am working on getting my house in order, several rooms are still a mess since we moved in last year. So going to try to get that in order soon and keep up with it all. 

• How far along are you? 11w6d

How are things going? Pretty good, haven't been sleeping the greatest, but that's okay.

Appointments upcoming/recent? Jan 5th, meeting with the OB

Rants/Raves/Questions? All of the fam bam knows! It was a pretty fun time. Soon the rest of the world is going to know.

GTKY: What are some of your New Year's Resolutions? Haven't really thought about any yet...

Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • How far along are you? 11 + 6

How are things going? okay. I had the stomach flu last week and pretty much thought I was going to die. Just hoping baby is okay after that. I've had some spotting since then but I have a friable cervix so I'm hoping that it's just that. Still pretty sick on and off. Can't brush my teeth without throwing up which is a vicious cycle. 

Appointments upcoming/recent? Friday! With my OB this time instead of the PA. Nervous after being so sick last week, but excited to hopefully hear the hb.

Rants/Raves/Questions? rave that it's a short week (3 days), but rant that it's end of year so I'm swamped - being out 3 days last week did not help!

Keep a (semi) clean house and vacuum/ dust more often.  Also to eat healthier. 

Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @MrsMiller8588 Snaps to your new years resolution to clean more. Roomba arrives Friday.
  • @nimmle Yes! I keep going back and forth on the roomba... I'm worried how it would do with two dogs - but it has to be better than what I'm currently doing!
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @MrsMiller8588 I hear it does well with pet hair as long as there weren't any accidents anywhere. Then the stories get pretty remarkable.
  • How far along are you?
    10+2

How are things going?

Surprisingly amazing.  I was getting nervous for a while because everyone talks about how terrible they feel and I had a bit of nausea on Christmas- so legit didnt eat anything but besides that feeling pretty normal.

Need to wait until Jan 12th for my NT scan and ultrasound, may call and try to bump it up to the week before.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Told our families this weekend which was so much fun because we were 10 weeks on Christmas.  Sent out New Years Cards announcing to other friends and family this week and will go "public" on social media on Monday :)

Save more money.  Hard enough trying to save for unpaid maternity leave right now- especially with the Holidays.

• @babygagnon2018 I'm with you on the savings. Thankfully I got disability insurance a few months ago and it will cover 70% of my salary. Still scary to think about all that!
  • How far along are you?
    12 +5

How are things going?

Pretty well, finally not feeling icky all the time and starting to have a little more energy again!

Stupidly, I have one today. Because the best time to schedule an appointment that requires being on a scale is immediately after a weekend of complete feasting and eating all the holiday treats. Oops! Hoping other than that, everything goes well.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Just so tired of my boobs hurting. Starting to hurt a little less, but this still really sucks. Does this ever change or do I have months of this to look forward to?

I never make these, because I never stick to it. But this time, I'm going to be on my mom to get healthy. My husband and I are pretty active and we completely intend to continue to be that way after the baby comes, so if my mom wants to be around the baby, she needs to get in control of her health otherwise she'll never see us because we hike most of the year and snow shoe during the winter. I think the grandbaby will be what finally gives her motivation to kick it into gear.

I was just telling my dr yesterday that I feel like they are bullying me because my first appointment was the Monday after Thanksgiving and my second one was yesterday.  :D
    Honestly though, it's good because it keeps me accountable.  Only up 4 lbs. from my first appointment (and honestly it was probably just from Christmas lol)
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @kissableviv that was deff smart!  We were trying since July and I didnt even think of it.  Deff a good suggestion to any moms trying- or if we decide to have a second child.
  • edited December 2017
    How far along are you?
    13 + 1

How are things going?

Good.  Normal interest in food is coming back.  Still getting heartburn, but it's manageable with Tums.  Some mysterious feelings sort of like cramps, particularly in the evenings - hoping things are just expanding and that it's nothing bad. 

Not until Jan 15th.  But still waiting on results of cell-free fetal DNA test/NT scan.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Rave - told my Grandma on Christmas and she was so excited.  That was really cool.  Rant - why do people even pretend to have offices open at this time of year...?

Had some issues tagging folks, but with all those giving a shoutout to saving!  We are doing The Uber Frugal Month Challenge again this January to jumpstart things for the year:  https://www.frugalwoods.com/2017/12/08/transform-your-life-join-the-january-uber-frugal-month-group-challenge/  We are determined to get below our level of spending last January...wish us luck!