August 2018 Moms

DD Check In First Week in August (12/26)

SmashJamSmashJam member
edited December 2017 in August 2018 Moms
No one started this week, unless it got hidden somewhere already! We can start it Saturday next week. Shamelessly stolen from one of the other weeks. 

This is a check in for those of us due between August 1 and 7th.

How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons? 

How are you feeling? Physically and/or emotionally? 

What was your favorite part of the holidays?

GTKY: If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?

Re: DD Check In First Week in August (12/26)

• How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons? The size of the "one ring" lol. I'm 9 weeks 5 days but put myself in the first week of August group because I have always been induced at 12 days which would put me on Aug 7/8

How are you feeling? Physically and/or emotionally? Feeling pretty good. Had a moment on Xmas eve eve where I was just so off and sad about life, and I just felt not pregnant anymore. I woke up with a little bit of nausea xmas eve and every day since but the lack of symptoms right now is killing me, especially since i haven't had an ultrasound or a doppler yet. They will try the doppler on THursday so hopefully that can put my mind at ease.

What was your favorite part of the holidays? Watching DS get into it this year. He's 2.5 so he is starting to get the whole santa thing, and it was so fun!

GTKY: If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? Clean and organize the house, lol. OR read. But if I had 24 hours in a day I would try and get to all the stuff I usually say is less importnt.
  • How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons? 
    9 weeks today, tb says cherry. No other “fun” comparisons. 

Literally horrible. So tired, so sick, so moody. I’m pretty much in survival mode, only the bare minimum is getting done around here. 

It was kind of a blur honestly. 

Clean? That needs to be done but I’ve been choosing sleep instead. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons? Just that’s it’s a raspberry, which is my favorite fruit!

How are you feeling? Physically and/or emotionally? Tired, always tired. And I’m still processing through the stuff I mentioned in the STM check in. It’s been a rough week. But I think I’m starting to come out ahead.

What was your favorite part of the holidays? The chance to relax and catchup on sleep, reading, eating, cleaning, new movies. . . .

GTKY: If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? Read. I’m a huge fan of YA stuff and can’t always find time to fit it in.

Oh!! I have my first OB app today. Hopefully things worked out and we can have another no ER US.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• *lurking from 4th week*
    @princesslockness I hope you get an ultrasound today! Post a pic of it if you can/want to. :) So glad you are processing and starting to feel okay. Sending more hugs your way. 
    @SmashJam Thanks for starting this thread! Seems no one could do it in Saturday because of the holidays. 
    @LC12261012 I hope you feel better soon! 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons? Nothing really fun, size of a raspberry.  8w5d today!

How are you feeling? Physically and/or emotionally? Physically, I'm exhausted all the time.  I wasn't teaching during my first two pregnancies and having to be "on" all the time is truly draining.  Food aversions have started and even though I'm thankfully not nauseous, nothing sounds appetizing right now.  I have to remind myself to eat something.

What was your favorite part of the holidays?  Just spending time with the family and making our announcement.  

Read more.  I was always reading before kids and it's taken a nosedive since having them.  But I am reading a book as of last week so that counts!

• Baby is a raspberry this week. 

Im feeling better than last week in regards to food and appetite and being nauseous all the time. Seems to come and go quicker. 

Holidays were okay this year. I wasn’t really in the mood to get into it because for two weeks at the beginning of December I was in Scotland for my grandfathers funeral. 

If i didn’t have to sleep I would probably spend more time doing projects I don’t have time for now. 
  • Baby is a raspberry this week.

I’m tired and feel like I have a bad taste in my mouth at all times. I also continue to dry heave when I open the fridge, especially with all the leftovers in there now. 

My favorite part of the holidays was telling family. I was nervous since I’m still in the first trimester but everyone was so excited that I got even more excited. 

If I didn’t have to sleep, I should clean, but I’d probably read. 
  • @offtoneverland I didn’t even get a Doppler today. Just blood work and scheduling a dating US for January.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• @princesslockness Oh boo!  :'( Hope the wait until January isn't torturous.
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons? Due Aug 1 so 9 weeks today, baby is the size of a pecan.

How are you feeling? Physically and/or emotionally? Nausea is better since taking B6 vitamins. A little less tired than usual after being off work for 4.5 days but now back to the grind. Annoyed that I lost my bella band because pants are starting to get uncomfortable in the evenings.

What was your favorite part of the holidays? Announcing to all of our families. I waited a month just to be able to do it on Christmas. DS1 also gets it which is pretty special as he did not understand when I was pregnant with DS2.

GTKY: If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? Probably watch TV or read, but if I was smart I would work on organizing all my photos of the kids and continuing to make annual photo albums with them like I have ever year since I had my first baby.

• I'm late due to Christmas vacation craziness, but better late than never, right?

How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons? 
    A keyboard key, a dime, a kidney bean... 

I've been more nauseated this week. I've had bouts of dizziness and vomiting a couple of times, and it seems to last most of the day. Luckily it isn't every day, and I've still mostly managed to enjoy my vacation with family.

Getting to spend time with my parents and older son. It's always nice to be able to just hang out together with no obligations.

I'd blow it gaming. I used to be a fairly competitive gamer, but haven't had the time to dedicate for many years. I'm sure if sleep wasn't taking up nearly a third of my day I could become competitive again.
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker