August 2018 Moms

TMI Tuesday 12/26

This was never done on my previous BMB so I'm wicked curious! How gross are you?? 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: TMI Tuesday 12/26

• Well, I haven’t trimmed up my pelvic region in months. It’s a jungle down there. 
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @lalala2004 I am with you on that-the extra discharge means that between showers (even if its just a few hours after!) it gets stuck and hardens and then I have to pull out crusty bits when I hit the bathroom. Ugh so gross. 

Also, and I suspect I'm not alone in this, I have hemorrhoids. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I am actually relieved you said that @SmashJam because I'm sure I have them too. Thank God prep H is safe for pregnancy! 

I had a bikini wax before my bfp but that was my first one in over a year :neutral:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been snacking on pickles lately because they're super low carb and apparently I'm a total cliche. Anyway, last night I had the worst pickle burps - like DH could smell them from the other end of the couch. So gross.
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I keep things tidy down there, but not for DH- it's all for me. I've already warned him that he may be responsible for assisting with shaving come third trimester (I will not have hairy legs during the summer).

I've been so gassy- both farts and burps. MH thinks it's hilarious, but I'm not as amused. I can only blame so many farts on my students. 

Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• The discharge, guys.  I am terrified to wear pants in any other color except black.

I could wear panty liners but I hate them so I suffer with my lack of logic.

• SmashJam said:
    Also, and I suspect I'm not alone in this, I have hemorrhoids. 

A hemorrhoid (my first ever) was my first "symptom" of pregnancy - it popped up a week before my BFP and I was like "oh what in the name of all that is holy is this?!?" Apparently spiking progesterone can cause them (I googled every possible iteration of "hemorrhoid early pregnancy symptom" to appease myself) although my OB is not totally convinced this was actually a symptom as opposed to just a result of binge eating carbs on Thanksgiving after being low carb for a long time. Luckily it has behaved itself since then. I told DH that when the baby is a bratty teenager I will tell it it has been a literal pain in my ass since before it was born  :D

I have also been waking up in my own drool almost every night, I have read that extra saliva is a pregnancy symptom and between that and being stuffed up I am like a St. Bernard. 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @legallykate I wake up in my own drool every morning also because I can't nose breathe while I sleep. I'm not congested its just like, not letting enough air in or something. Which means I mouth breathe, which means I wake up drooly and with such a dry throat. No bueno.
  • @legallykate I totally forgot about the extra saliva. That explains the ultra-drooliness and my mouth feeling gross when I wake up even though I'm diligent about brushing and flossing. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• @SmashJam @jsnakehole Yes, drool + dry mouth/throat + grossness, it is the worst!
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• +1 for hemorrhoid awfulness. I've had them on and off since I was pretty much a teenager though. Ugh.

My bladder is acting like it did immediately post partum. I'm wearing pads to deal with it, and am hoping it doesn't last the whole pregnancy. Because if I'm doomed to pee a little every time I get up quickly, cough, sneeze, laugh, or pick up my kid, I'm going to be a very sad panda.
  • I am super gassy, and it's no fun, I am SO uncomfortable.

Back story: I've largely given up carbonated beverages in the past few years after being unofficially diagnosed with "Splenic Flexure Syndrome" by my GP. After months of living with undiagnosed C.diff the motility of my intestines is erratic, some days it's slow, some days it's fast. Gas apparently gets trapped in the upper left bend of my colon and irritates a bunch of nerves that cause symptoms such as feeling like I got kicked in the ribs by a horse, to nausea, to heart palpitations as my diaphragm is irritated and vagus nerve gets overstimulated. Add this to generalized anxiety and a touch of hypochondria when things "move/feel different". Lol

So you can imagine how sad I feel when it feels like I went on a soda bender without having had the satisfaction of drinking a single one..

At least DH is a good sport about it all.  :p
  • The discharge is ridiculous this time around. Do not remember this with DH. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well this is new today but cleaning myself in the shower, I swear my pubic hair hurts! I’m not doing anything different than usual but it hurt a lot! Also, seems like I can’t clean some white stuff properly out unless I spread eagle on my bed. Weird. 
  • ecwk said:
    The discharge is ridiculous this time around. Do not remember this with DH. 
    Exactly this. 

And I’m pretty sure I have hemroids happening too. Doesn’t hurt but just kind of feels swollen back there. 
  • Add me to the hemorrhoid club. Prior to giving birth to DD, I had never had them. But after she was born, yeesh. And now here we are again.
  • I got some lovely hemorrhoids from labor with my son and they have never. gone. away. Ughhhh.