Infertility
Options

How long until the bloating stops post IVF?

muchwantedmuchwanted member
edited December 2017 in Infertility
Hi all,
Just did my first IVF retrieval in years, and my first freeze all, so no progesterone. I can't figure out how long it will be until I stop looking five months pregnant. Seriously, I can't leave the house, because someone will ask me if I'm expecting and I might cry, punch them, or both. I had a LOT of eggs retrieved, but no OHSS. 
Will this be over in a week? I'm on day four, and it hasn't gone done at all. Thanks!
***TW***
DD born April 2015 after many rounds of IVF and losses.

After much more of the same...

Re: How long until the bloating stops post IVF?

• Options
    My bloat went down a bit eventually, but I actually gained 5 lbs with each ivf.  I did two back to back and now I'm up 10lbs lol. Fx for you and a great freeze report and happy transfers!!!  You could probably get back to a little more of an exercise routine once you get AF, if that helps you feel better. ❤❤❤
  • Options
    Did your doctor put you on dostinex? I've always had a lot of eggs retrieved- 45-57.  My first cycle I developed ohss, but the second two I didn't and my doctor still put me on dostinex to help with everything. I always found it helpful to drink Gatorade and eat salty snacks. Might be worth giving a try- best of luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Did your doctor put you on dostinex? I've always had a lot of eggs retrieved- 45-57.  My first cycle I developed ohss, but the second two I didn't and my doctor still put me on dostinex to help with everything. I always found it helpful to drink Gatorade and eat salty snacks. Might be worth giving a try- best of luck!
    My doctor apparently doesn't prescribe that very often - I asked when they told me they got 51 eggs (I turned 40 this year!). I've had at least a 2L of gatorade every day, too, in addition to salty foods. :-/ Not sure if I'd be worse without it, but I'm still pretty bloated! 
    ***TW***

• Options
    ChristenMA83ChristenMA83 member
    edited December 2017
    @muchwanted How are you doing now?  I do my first retrieval in February and this is something I'm nervous about.
    December FET Spreadsheet
    TTC History in spoiler  Instagram
    Me 35 - DH 42
    Married Oct 2007
    TTC Since Oct 2010 - MFI Diagnosis 2012 (Morphology 1% + High DNA Frag)
    IUI x2 in 2012 - BFN
    IVF #1 Feb 2018 - 9 Retrieved - 8 Mature - 5 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    FET#1 March 2018 - BFP - MMC May @ 10w4d
    FET#2 July 2018 - BFN
    IVF #2 Nov 2018 - 10 Retrieved - 10 Mature - 8 Fertilized - 2 Snowbabies - no testing
    “Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”― Winston Churchill
  • Options
    ChristenMA83 said:
    @muchwanted How are you doing now?  I do my first retrieval in February and this is something I'm nervous about.
    Much better today, finally. Day six. It was definitely worse this time with more eggs retrieved. 

Now I'm just waiting for the freeze report!! 
    ***TW***

• Options
    ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited January 2018
    @muchwanted Im going for my retrieval tomorrow morning! I literally feel like my ovaries are about to explode! Hope you get amazing news from your report!