January 2018 Moms

Monday Ticker 12/25

Y'all... I forgot that it was Monday so here it is... way late. 

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week/last?

4) How are baby preparations going?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: Has this pregnancy been better or worse than you had anticipated?

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Monday Ticker 12/25

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 35 weeks / Rory is as big as a pineapple or a kids back pack

2) How are you feeling? Hungry. Grumpy. Tired. Sooo... basically... pregnant. haha

3) Any appointments this week/last? Last week, BPP, OB and an NST. Same schedule this week, but my BPP is also a growth ultrasound.

4) How are baby preparations going? We have made some real progress on her room this past week. I need to reconvert the crib back to a crib, and then hang the decor I have to see what else I'm missing. Oh and I need to paint a table too. But I'm off this week, with minimal plans to actually work this week since I'm on vacation, so I'm hoping to get it done. Oh and now that Christmas is done, I have my side of the bedside area again, which is where I had been storing all the Christmas gifts for DS, so now I can setup her sleep space over there.  

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing really. I know, right? I usually have something.

6) GTKY: Has this pregnancy been better or worse than you had anticipated? I'd say it's on par or a little better than I'd expected. I've had complications but in general the pregnancy itself was a little better than my previous pregnancy. I AM excited to be done with ever being pregnant again after this one. Wooh!

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @supercoolstephy I spoke with my OB this morning about a Mirena at my PP visit. I love this little baby and her big sister so much but I'm with you on never being pregnant again
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 37 weeks - baby is the size of Romaine lettuce!

2) How are you feeling? Feeling very thankful to have reached 37 weeks because I was very nervous about preterm labor! My main discomfort these days is lower backache, which is fine in the morning but gets pretty bad by the end of the day. Also low energy, my stretch marks are sensitive to the touch, and my boobs are feeling fuller. 

I had one on Thursday where they did the group B strep swab and checked my bloodwork again, and I haven’t heard the results from those yet but they are probably fine. My fundal height has started measuring behind the past few weeks, so now this Thursday I have to go for an additional ultrasound to check the baby’s measurements and make sure everything is good. I am anticipating a small baby regardless since I was only 4.5 lbs and DH was only 6.5 lbs at birth and we are both on the smaller side, so trying not to worry unnecessarily about that just yet. Then a second appointment later that afternoon for my weekly checkup with the midwife.

I need to find a side table still for beside the glider in the nursery, and some artwork to put up on the wall above the changing station, but besides that the nursery is done. I’d also like to stock up on a few more wipes and 0-3 month baby clothes so I have one less thing to think about once he’s here! Biggest obstacle in baby preparations now is deciding on a name.

I really thought I would see more apparent signs that labor is close by now. I’m having frequent Braxton Hicks that have gradually gotten more prominent, but still appear to be carrying very high and no loss of mucus plug as far as I can tell. I’m wondering though if my short torso (I’m only 5’ tall) would make my stomach dropping less noticeable/pronounced. I mean, maybe he’s just filling all the space I’ve got and is sitting low but still making me look like I’m carrying high?

Also, for those who don’t lose their mucus plug all at once, how can you tell if you are losing it gradually or if it’s just an increase in discharge? Just looking for any signs as we get towards the end so I am not caught off guard!

6) GTKY: Has this pregnancy been better or worse than you had anticipated? The first two trimesters were much better than anticipated, so I think I was a little naive about the discomforts of the third trimester. I didn’t really have any nausea or negative symptoms the first two trimesters, but since entering the third trimester I’ve had this increasing back pain, I wake up frequently, am so easily worn out, have developed stretch marks, hemorrhoids, and can hardly get up out of bed! So while I loved being pregnant for the first trimesters, I’m definitely definitely over it by now!

• @supercoolstephy I forgot yesterday was Monday too!

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

38 weeks! I don't even know. He's huge. 

2) How are you feeling?

Alllll the stress. Not so much about baby but life in general. My mom. My house. Work. 

I'm on weekly appointments now, so I'll see my chiropractor tonight and my midwife tomorrow. 

I think we're as ready as we're going to be. We have plenty of clothes, a stash of diapers and wipes, some freezer meals. Still need to install the car seat but we wanted to get through toting Christmas stuff back and forth and I came up with more things to take to DH's grandma's to put in storage. 

I'm in a terrible mood and just want to hibernate. I also looked at the pile of stuff in DH's grandma's basement and wanted to burn it all. I need to return things from the shower but haven't had time. I just need to be done with work and I can't be. 

6) GTKY: Has this pregnancy been better or worse than you had anticipated?

It has been different. I've felt great physically for about 90% of the pregnancy. What was different was that I didn't document like I thought I would or get to do a nursery. Both of those were things I'd always planned on. I also had it in my head that I would do yoga my whole pregnancy and I didn't get to do that either. Basically, the camper radically changed my experience. It better be worth it. Lol. 

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  39+1 today! She is the size of a pumpkin and/or a mini skateboard.

2) How are you feeling?  I definitely had prodromal labor on Sunday and let me tell you it SUCKED.  My contractions were pretty intense, I found myself vomiting and I was legit sweating from head to toe and then NOTHING.  I still have my period-like cramping and the pressure is a little much, but my swelling is gone and for that I am so thankful.  The swelling legit HURT because it felt like my skin could stretch no further ugh.

3) Any appointments this week/last?  Yes, last week I was 2-3cm dilated and 80% effaced and we tentatively scheduled an induction for tomorrow.  Since my swelling has subsided, I asked to cancel the induction which my doctor was totally cool with.  I will see her on Thursday at 1pm at 39+3.  Hoping that we can get some things moving!

4) How are baby preparations going?  Just like last week, they are completely done.  It is just the waiting game now and I must admit that the anticipation is killing me lol.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?  I don't think so at the moment.

6) GTKY: Has this pregnancy been better or worse than you had anticipated?  Honestly this pregnancy has been super easy and I have loved it.  I gained a little more weight than I would have liked to, but I didn't workout as much as I thought I would either so that is my own fault lol.  Other than that, things have been great.  We are just super ready to meet her!