May 2017 Moms

Diaper changing battle. Help!

Okay. So I'm a first time mom and my little guy is 7 months old and ever since he has learned how to roll over this has been an issue. (Although he has never been happy during changing time.) As soon as I go to even lay him on the changing pad the truouble begins. He will instantly try to stand or just sit, if I do get him to lay on his back he will roll and try and crawl away, usally crying/ screaming. It normally takes both me and my husband to change our wiggly boy. We have tried to make it fun for him talking, singing, playing music, toys, even his favorite thing, his daddy's phone. I would love some advice or suggestions on how to make diaper changes fun for us. I love him to bits but his diaper changing battles are driving me mad.

Re: Diaper changing battle. Help!

• I’m sorry to hear that! For us, a favorite toy works. We change him on the floor and sometimes when I’m not changing him, I lay him in the spot we change at and kiss his belly or play. I try to have it associated with fun and not an end to fun. I hope it improves soon for you!