August 2018 Moms
Options

DD Check In Fourth+ Week of August (12/23 Edition)

2»

Re: DD Check In Fourth+ Week of August (12/23 Edition)

• Options

@jsnakehole that’s nice that you let your mom call her friends. I let my stepmom call her best friend because her best friend’s daughter just told her she was pregnant right before Christmas.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I finally called my OB this AM and got my first appointment for 1/19.. so I guess I am middle of the pack for appointments! I shoild be getting an u/s that day since they did that with my DS and I will literally be (to the day) just as preggo at this appt as I was for his.
  • Options
    lolog531lolog531 member
    edited December 2017
    Scheduled my first appointment and it isn’t until 2/6 at 10w4d. My OB doesn’t see you until minimum 10 weeks unless there are underlying issues/concerns. I knew it’d be that way from last time, but it seems SO far away!!
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• Options
    My first ob appt is on 1/13 which is considered an intake and we fill out forms. Unfortunatley they dont do ultrasounds at the office and after the visit with the ob I'll have to call and schedule an ultrasound.
    For Christmas we just told our parents we told them we had a gift but because of timing it hasnt arrived yet. Inside the box we had August 2018 in alphabet blocks and a drawn positive pregnany test
  • Options
    evangelinecgevangelinecg member
    edited December 2017
    Hi! First post here, pregnant with first too. Looks like dr & us appointments are all over. I am waiting to hear back from the dr. She is “not accepting new patients” but the receptionist seemed pretty positive she would make an exception for me since she delivered my sister’s 4 kids and my cousin’s 2. I will know for sure tomorrow, but tentative appointment is 1/16 at about 7.5 weeks. Due date is 8/31. Not sure what to expect at appointment!

@jsnakehole I love the gifts you gave your families! Also LOVE your account name. 

I got bfp ar 11 dpo (12/20) and told my sister even before my husband (she lives down the street and just had her 4th and I had to tell someone immediately!) ten I was able to tell my parents Christmas eve which was fun. Other than that we have kept it quiet until we see how 1st appt goes. I have PCOS and have been seeing an RE for 4 years so this took a long time so we are a little scared/hesitant 

so happy to be on this page and hear all your wonderful bfp and announcement stories!
  • Options
    evangelinecgevangelinecg member
    edited December 2017
    Not sure why this showed that username instead of my chosen one! Sorry!
    Hi! First post here, pregnant with first too. Looks like dr & us appointments are all over. I am waiting to hear back from the dr. She is “not accepting new patients” but the receptionist seemed pretty positive she would make an exception for me since she delivered my sister’s 4 kids and my cousin’s 2. I will know for sure tomorrow, but tentative appointment is 1/16 at about 7.5 weeks. Due date is 8/31. Not sure what to expect at appointment!

@jsnakehole I love the gifts you gave your families! Also LOVE your account name. 

I got bfp ar 11 dpo (12/20) and told my sister even before my husband (she lives down the street and just had her 4th and I had to tell someone immediately!) ten I was able to tell my parents Christmas eve which was fun. Other than that we have kept it quiet until we see how 1st appt goes. I have PCOS and have been seeing an RE for 4 years so this took a long time so we are a little scared/hesitant 

so happy to be on this page and hear all your wonderful bfp and announcement stories!

• Options
    How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons?  4 weeks!!! Size of a poppy seed.

How are you feeling? Physically and/or emotionally? Pretty great so far. I'm having a good deal of gas, and the swamp crouch is no joke, but I'm not nauseous or overly tired. I'm the normal tired that comes with having a toddler...so I can't tell if I'm pregnacy tired...lol

What are you doing for the holiday season? Anything you're looking forward to or dreading? Just working and such. I'm dreading taking down my decorations. They came out so pretty, but they took me a few weeks to put up because I didn't want to feel overwhelmed.

GTKY: If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? I'd write all night!!! I'd be a writing machine!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    meeks2020 said:
    When is everyone's first appointments? Mine isn't until January 30th and although I'm happy I'll get a more detailed photo, I hate waiting so long to find out EDD and get the ball rolling on my referrals. It'll all come out in the wash and be fine, but I was wondering if anyone else has their first appointments that late or later?

Mine isn't until January 25th. I should be about 8 weeks by then and I assume they'll do an ultrasound so we can see/hear baby's heartbeat. I wish I could go in sooner, but oh well. I thought because I'm over 35 that would be be case, but no dice.

• Options
    How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons?
    5 weeks 1 day. Little one is the size of an apple seed. 

How are you feeling? Physically and/or emotionally? 
    Definitely having morning sickness, food aversions, sensitive to smells, and starting today my overall body temp is running hot (like 99.5), so i'm feeling feverish. So far i'm having all the same symptoms I had in my first pregnancy. If things continue the same way then my morning sickness will get worse. 

What are you doing for the holiday season? Anything you're looking forward to or dreading?
    My husband and I are leaving Friday to go to Chattanooga, TN for a wedding. We will be there for two days. I was definitely planning on drinking/ubering for the wedding, but now we can save money by letting me be the DD (yay!). We will come home on NYE and hopefully go on a double date with my BFF and her husband. Looks like it may snow in GA that night though, so it may not happen. 

GTKY: If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
    I'd probably read. I used to read a lot of fun, but with a toddler i'm finding that's almost impossible to do! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    neeraja_kneeraja_k member
    edited December 2017

I'm finishing up my 5th week, so around the size of pencil eraser. 

I'm tired, all I seem to get done is eating and sleeping. Basic chores is exhausting, and I'm out of breath even emptying the dishwasher. 

What are you doing for the holiday season? Anything you're looking forward to or dreading? 

I always dread the holidays. My family unit is small and I'm a loner by nature. My overbearing mom and my senile, legally blind grandmother do not get along, so it's always stupid drama and it's exhausting running interference all day. 

I'd be knitting, I've got several half-done projects laying around, and it's bugging me. But the simple action of the knitting soothes me right to sleep. 
  • Options
    This is a check in for those of us due between August 22nd and 31st.

I'm 5 weeks and some change.  Baby is the size of the m on a m&m

I was having lots of aversions and Ms plus cramping. ..but in the last 2 days that's all gone away.  Feeling a boy bit nervous with no symptoms actually

What are you doing for the holiday season? Anything you're looking forward to or dreading? I'm late to the game. ..so we spent the holiday with my mom's family.  My husband was dieing to tell them we were pregnant.  We did,  everyone was happy,  except my mom.  She is no longer speaking to me.

Paint and apply to local art shows and galleries
  • Options
    lolog531 said:mo
    Scheduled my first appointment and it isn’t until 2/6 at 10w4d. My OB doesn’t see you until minimum 10 weeks unless there are underlying issues/concerns. I knew it’d be that way from last time, but it seems SO far away!!
    This would make me crazy!  I'm switching practices and they can't see me until next week.  I couldn't stand it and went to my primary for blood tests.  PrOps to you! 
  • Options
    @lolog531 I feel you on that late appointment. January 30th at 10 weeks here 

• Options
    imbumpin said:
    lolog531 said:mo
    This would make me crazy!  I'm switching practices and they can't see me until next week.  I couldn't stand it and went to my primary for blood tests.  PrOps to you! 
    Trust me - it is driving me crazy! I absolutely love my OB and the practice though, so I’m trying hard to be patient. I forgot how horrible this wait is though! 
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• Options
    I’ve been MIA the last few days, visiting family and we’re unplugging! But I’m lurking and love-iting!

Baby is a sweet pea this week

Emotionally things are still rocky, I fly off the handle here and there. Physically I got hit with the worst headache of my life, I’m guessing it was a migraine. Knocked me on my ass for 2 days. Ugh.

For New Years we’re visiting my family in California! Loving this family time and the gorgeous weather!

Love-its for everyone!
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker