June 2018 Moms
Options

DD Check-in Third Week in June│12.21

This is a check in for those of us due 6/14 - 6/20

How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons? 

How are you feeling? Physically or emotionally? 

GTKY: What names do your parents or in-laws go by? I.e. grandma or nana?
*TW LC*
Me & MH: 32
DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
TTC #2: 12/2019
Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

Re: DD Check-in Third Week in June│12.21

• Options
    How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons?  EDD 6/17 officially (Father's Day so that is fun) BB is the size of a peach or more fun, a troll doll

How are you feeling? Physically or emotionally? I'm feeling great! Not much going on for symptoms anymore. Emotionally I'm ok. I go back and fourth about being excited. Everyone is finding out now and that kind of freaks me out for some reason. 

GTKY: What names do your parents or in-laws go by? I.e. grandma or nana? My mom is Nana and her wife is Grammy. My dad is just Grandpa LastName and his wife is Grandma Barbara. My in-laws are Grandpa Ed and Grandma. They aren't too creative. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    Baby is the size of a lemon, peach, beet, or a troll doll depending on what you prefer. I'm 14 weeks today. 

How are you feeling? Physically or emotionally? Pretty good. I get tired pretty easily. Still having some food aversions. As I posted in symptoms last night, I had a bad experience with Taco Bell last night that I won't be repeating.

My dad is Papa [His First Name], my mother is Grandma, DH's dad is Papaw, and his step mother is Grammy. My grandparents are and have always been Nanny and Papa. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I forget to participate in this thread all of the time.. oops.

1. Baby is the size of lemon, beet, troll doll. 

2.  Feeling better. I have a little more energy. Not puking anymore and just ocassional nausea/dry heaving.  I have been having more RLP and headaches though.  Felt baby move for the first time this past weekend!

3.  My parents are Mimi and Papa. DD actually came up with those names.  Dh's parents are grandma MIL first name and Grandpa FIL first name. Don't know why dd didn't give them nicknames too?
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons?  Size of a peach, 14 weeks today.

How are you feeling? Physically or emotionally? Still sick a lot, not sleeping as well, and still tired a lot. Emotionally I am pretty sensitive right now. One of the secretaries made me cry at work this morning bc she was rude to me. 

GTKY: What names do your parents or in-laws go by? I.e. grandma or nana. Grandma and Papa for both sides. 
  • Options
    At 14+2 we have a peach! Although I noticed some lists have lemon but bump had lemon last week? Whatevs.

Feeling great, I didn't have a rough first tri just bad fatigue. I'm getting my energy back and went to the gym for the first time since October. Emotionally I am having mild anxiety. I bought a doppler which has helped me stop fretting. I only used ot twice since Nov 1 which was my last US. Next US is Wednesday which will be at 15wks... "close enough for government work" is what my OB said lol. 

This is my mom's first grandchild so she is deciding on her name. My in-laws are grandma and papa. This is their 4th grandchild but my MIL was very excited because in her friend circle she will have the most grandchildren so according to her, she wins.
  • Options
    Hi, I am due June 20

1. How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons?  My app says peach. 

2.How are you feeling? Physically or emotionally?  I am still feeling all the first tri yuck. Still sick all the time and drained. Hoping that will clear up by 16 weeks. With DS I think that is when things started to get better.

3. GTKY: What names do your parents or in-laws go by? I.e. grandma or nana? We have GG and Boom pa, Nana and Granddaddy, and Grandma and Grandpa. Then my grandparents are going by great mommy and great daddy. Which I think is adorable.
  • Options
    How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons? Peach, but the app also told me it was a baby chick which was cute!  

How are you feeling? Physically or emotionally? A bit more emotional this week it seems. A (unmarried, childless) friend and I had dinner this week and his comments about birth, birth horror stories, pregnancy and it’s risks, how pregnant women become smug and intolerable (wtf!) really upset me. I ended up telling him that I wasn’t interested in continuing a friendship if this was how we were going to communicate. But then I cried to my husband and have had to process a lot to dismiss his comments. I suppose pregnancy makes us very vulnerable and this was my first experience of it. 

Hubbys parents are papa and nana 
    mine are Grandad B and Granny (so boring) haha
  • Options
    @helenbz that experience sounds so horrible, I'm sorry. I'm glad you spoke up - I feel like I may have been in shock.

Before I told anyone about this pregnancy I had a few people say comments about how they could never see me having a child and I just didn't seem to be that type of person... and were congratulatory about it, like they were approving or something ridiculous. Took me a while to process people telling me who they thought I was and should be. Ugh.
  • Options
    @ramblebee oh my goodness really!? That’s insane. People can be so insensitive! Perhaps this is its own thread, haha...but I’ve been thinking a lot about how I will handle this kind of comment moving forward because I’m sure it doesn’t end with pregnancy...it’s going to be a part of our experience as new moms too. 

I didnt speak up...well, not really...I left, cried to my husband and then called my friend. I let it slide in the moment which didn’t feel good. I’d like to be better about addressing it in a non shaming way in the future. I know most people don’t mean anything bad...but their comments are hurtful and should be addressed. 

Im sure you’re going to be a great mom. ❤️
  • Options
    krashke said:
    This is a check in for those of us due 6/14 - 6/20

Baby is the size of a peach, beet, lemom, and my one app also says a millefeuille (Napoleon) dessert. 14w3d.

Feeling a little ehh lately. Starting to get headaches and I keep getting these sharp burning sensations near my nipples. Last 2 nights I have been super tired. Appetite is okay but not too crazy. Anxiously waiting to feel my little one move, even though I know it may be a little longer due to extra fluffiness and such.

First grandbaby for both sides. My mom wants to be Nana and my dad wants to be Pops (like from the goldbergs). We don't know yet about what my MIL wants to be.
  • Options
    Baby is the size of a lightbulb. 15w5.

Feeling alright, headaches are finally gone but I am having trouble sleeping. I feel like I’m getting big so fast. Usually I’m about 110lbs (5ft tall) and I’ve only seemed to gain about 8lbs at nearly 16weeks, so I know I’m not overweight but my belly looks enormous. Water retention? 

Fifth grandchild for mine, 2nd for husbands side. My parents will be Grandma/Granddad and my inlaws will be Nonno/ Nonna (Italian). 
  • Options
    *TW LC*