January 2018 Moms
Options

UO - 12/21

Re: UO - 12/21

• Options
    @ryannenikole Couldn't agree more, and very nicely worded. Love always multiplies. :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For real, @conineml. Yes, your life changes, but that's a choice you make as your priorities change. And yeah sometimes the top priority is naptime, so no sorry guys I'm not doing things that start at 1:30pm any more. But not always, and not forever.
    Equally unhelpful is the "ohhhh two is so much different than one" and "ooooh two boys *shakes head*". That is not actually preparing me for anything, you're just being vague and ominous. Thanks for that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Options
    I don't like the Olympics. I just don't get it, I guess. 
  • Options
    Yes @bainidhedub it's not like they are offering me any advice with their comment just "Oh it's going to be lifechanging..." ok....thanks!
    @gusgus14 I'm with you.  I mean I'll watch some and there are some events I like...but I'm not bingeing that.  I might catch it randomly.  When it was on 2 summers ago, we were on vacation at the beach and for some reason we could not change the channel...it was ridiculous!
  • Options
    @conineml Also yes!! 
  • Options
    ^^ yeah, I think both sides are true. Parenting brings both the highest highs and the lowest lows. 

Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    I'm with y'all on the whole your life is going to change comments. I'll also add the "you have no idea what you are in for" comments. Do I know exactly what it is like to be a parent? No, this is our first. Are we completely naive? Nope, stop assuming we have this Hallmark card image in our head. MIL just after seeing the baby bathtub had to come out to tell me that "despite what you think the baby will likely not like the first bath and there will be crying." I just looked at her and was like "yeah, I know. I've observed and given a bath to an infant before." She replied "well, you'll find out what I mean soon enough."