Options

WTF Wednesday

April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    zombiehoohaazombiehoohaa member
    edited December 2017
    LOVE THE GIF, @lindsayleigh1989!!!
       WTF to myself! How could I miss 2 MAJOR testing scenarios in our staging environment prior to launching!?!? Can I fire myself, please? 

eta: I'm a special snowflake today

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Solidarity @4deep. Migraine since yesterday. 
  • Options
    add me to the headache/migraine list! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    WTF me and my motivation this week. I am dragging at work, can't focus or think. Just one more day of work this year, I cannot wait. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    runsomewhererunsomewhere member
    edited December 2017
    @acunamatada you just ruined my day lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    WTF to my bf’s great grandma deciding to tell me that my baby will probably have something wrong with it because I’m diabetic. 
  • Options
    @runsomewhere Me too! On both the lack of motivation and that there is only one more day of work. I have never been more excited for anything in my life!
  • Options
    @hayhay93 WTF?? I'm so sorry, what a witch. 

@runsomewhere same.  :s
  • Options
    Wtf to my husband’s work. I was so happy and grateful that they wanted to book and pay for our flights from Canada to Michigan for Christmas so that we could visit my husband’s family. And at the risk of sounding ungrateful and snotty, I honestly wish I had just booked and paid for the flights myself. His company, knowing that we have to fly with my 20 month old daughter in our laps, decided to book a 12 hour day of flights and layovers. We have to take 4 planes through 3 layovers just to travel to Michigan, which would normally be a 4-5 hour direct flight. We can’t cancel the flights, and we have to take the same long trip a week later to get back to Canada. I hate flying. 
  • Options
    She seemed excited for us but decided to go on for 10 minutes about her niece that lost two of her babies and ugh. I just really didn’t need anything more to worry about. I tried to be polite back and told her that I’m being monitored by doctors. It’s just frustrating having everyone come out of the woodworks concerned about my health all of the sudden. My dad sent me a message this morning asking me if I’ve been taking my prenatal vitamins... like, ummm, HELLO PEOPLE, I care about this baby more than any of you, of course I’m doing everything I can! Ok, sorry, rant over! @acunamatada @4deep @stlmegs
  • Options
    @hayhay93 oh my goodness, I am so sorry your family is doing that. I feel for you! Some people just have no idea what is and is not okay to say to a pregnant woman. On the other hand, you can try to look at it in a better light and say that your family is just already so in love with your baby before he/she is born yet and that is a good thing! But yeah, I would be frustrated too. I’m sure they will all calm down once you’re further along. Fingers crossed for you and baby  <3
  • Options
    Why in the hecking heck is packing such a horrible process. We have to not only pack our regular clothes, but also clothes for a wedding (2 days before Christmas.... why would you do this to yourself?!?!? SMH to the bride) my daughter is a flower girl and her dress cost $80 (I was so close to backing out). Then we have to bring all the Christmas gifts including stuff from Santa. Praying they don't see anything. Also praying for my sanity. 

Duke Winter 10/11/12
    Baby Duex 05/20/15

NYC Momma 

"My stroller is my SUV"
  • Options
    @runsomewhere actual footage of me at work this whole week

• Options
    @acunamatada there are no words for this, that's so awful !
    @hayhay93 those comments though. I'm sure you really don't need the extra stress and you are already aware of your health issues so no reminders needed! Sending good vibes.

WTF to my developer. He called me out on something on a meeting with my boss. Something that a) is no big deal and b) prompted my boss to go through emails to find THE ONE EMAIL where I had mentioned the issue he was talking about. I'm not a developer guys, and at least I'm not costing the company $$ everytime I forget to quote a project for a customer like he did several times. Ok, rant over.
  • Options
    @emsnedds The comment from my dad, well, I probably got a little too sensitive over that lol. I know he just cares. It just makes me feel like he thinks I’m irresponsible or something. You’re right though, I should try to see it from a different perspective! Thank you :smile:

@kissableviv I know! It’s just... ugh! One of those days! Thank you! Same to you
  • Options
    A day late but a direct report just asked to work from home because they don’t want to walk in the snow (not even an one inch!) he lives near the office too. I bet you if i offered to shift his schedule so he can go snowboarding he would totally do it and drive a few hours to the snow. Ugh 
  • Options
    WTF kids first day of winter break and you wake up at 5am. Seriously, sleep in for once. 

WTF cold.....can I be healthy and not sick for once on Christmas. 

Mom of 3 (Ginny 4 yrs old), (Miles 2 yrs old), and (Mason due June 15th) 
  • Options
    @hayhay93 A good friend of mine bizarrely developed Type 1 diabetes AND a seizure disorder in adulthood prior to having her second child. Her pregnancy was high risk of course, but her diabetes was well controlled before and during pregnancy. Her little boy is a perfectly healthy 2 year old who has met all his milestones and wasn't even born overweight. If your doctor isn't worried, then people should shut up about your diabetes and quit trying to worry you. 
  • Options
    Thank you! @beanship I know that people just care... but it’s annoying!!! I don’t need to hear about the worst case scenario, I’ve already thought of all of those lol. Maybe it’s just hormones, but I can’t stand when people act like they are “so worried.” My perinatologist just told me at my NT scan that as far as he is concerned everything looks great and he expects me to have a healthy baby at the end of this pregnancy. I take insulin 4 times a day, so they will continue to check up on me twice a month. I started out with a higher A1C than I would have liked but I’m working on it and it’s getting better by the day! I’m so glad to hear about your friend. That’s wonderful! I’m hoping for the same outcome. 
  • Options
    Wtf... another day in a row I wake up at 2am and can't sleep for hours :/

@hayhay93 wow im sorry. that truly is a wtf. Her mind can not be all there. 

@acunamatada omg that scenario you had sounds like a scene out of a crazy dark comedy. 
  • Options
    @babybakie right there with ya! Can’t go back to sleep after getting up to pee an hour ago and it’s 230. 
  • Options
    @wildtot sorry to hear that but at least im not alone. I'm in EST time zone so it's 4:50 here. I cant even imagine how I will ever sleep with a huge belly.
  • Options
    @babybakie it’s so much harder especially if you have a kicker. My mommy ears keep me up at night trying to hear if DS wakes (sick right now) and no thanks to DH breathing, grinding his teeth in my ears. 
  • Options
    @wildtot I hope you ds is feeling better. The husband part made me laugh bc I know what you mean. Mine was was talking in his sleep last night but since I was already awake it was just entertaining.  
  • Options
    +1 for not sleeping after getting up to pee. And after I do DD is there to "snuggle" my back and keep me up all night. :( I've started keeping an audiobook on my phone, and listening to it helps me fall back asleep. 
  • Options
    Wtf MH went out for pancakes this morning and didn't wake me up to go with him! Rule #1 of having a pregnant wife is to always make sure she knows when you're about to go get yummy food!!!
  • Options
    beanship said:
    Wtf MH went out for pancakes this morning and didn't wake me up to go with him! Rule #1 of having a pregnant wife is to always make sure she knows when you're about to go get yummy food!!!
    That's grounds for divorce in my house!!  :o:o
  • Options
    beanship said:
    Um, totally unfair! He should make you some pancakes to make up for it.