July 2018 Moms

STM + Week of 12/20

How far along are you? 

How old are your other kids? 

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM

GTKY: If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?

Re: STM + Week of 12/20

• How far along are you? 8 +6

How old are your other kids? 2.5

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  My son does not go to sleep at night for hours. Like, we put him down at 7, he is up babbling to himself until 9, which means he sleeps in late, which means he naps late, which means he probably will stay up babbling all night because he's not tired. Is the staying up late a big deal? Will it go away? Should i react by either a) cutting out his nap b) waking him up at a specific time in the morning/nap time so he's still a little tired? I have no idea.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM? Potty training is going really well. I dunno when I'll transition to legit underwear during the day, but he's been doing really well in Pull-Ups-we usually only need one in a day-so thinking he might be good in undies also? It's hard to pull the trigger though on outings because I don't want him to have an accident in the carseat if we are between public restrooms!

Writer with a hobby farm. I'm working on both of those things, lol.
  • WorkinWeezelWorkinWeezel member
    edited December 2017
    How far along are you? 
    12 weeks
    7 and 4
    Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?
    I'm just getting nervous to tell my kids!!!  And I have no idea how we are going to afford another 5 years of daycare LOL!
    With my kids being older, I'm interested to see how that impacts having a newborn.  DS had just turned 3 when DD was born, and this is definitely like starting over, so I wonder if it will be like the first time or if they will be extra helpful!
    A rich man's wife :).... and a personal buyer.  I love, love, love dressing other people.  I used to be the highest grossing employee (we would get credit for the people we helped in the store) when I worked retail because I just LOVED helping other people find the perfect clothes for their body type!!!!!

@SmashJam
    my daughter was super easy to potty train; my son, another story.  I'm NOT looking forward to that stage this third time around!
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?  10w4d

How old are your other kids?  10, 4 next week, 2

Prepping for Christmas with how awful I feel after work
     The oldest two are excited!   
    GTKY: If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?   Could I be a SAHW where my kids are at daycare?    I would LOVE to have time to organize and deep clean my house.  

other than that, I would love to do my job part time.  I work in a residen.tial ca.re faci.lity for adults with severe mental illnesses.  

Son-10.5
    Son-4
    Daughter-2
    #4- EDD July 14

• How far along are you? 9w 1d

How old are your other kids? 15, 7, and 5

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  I feel a bit scared adding a baby to the mix but I am sure we will be fine. I worry about telling the teenager as her attitude lately hasnt been the best and fear that she may go back to live with her mom, shes my stepdaughter, but hopefully she will be happy. My boys will be fine as they'vebeen askingfor a sibling. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM I feel very excited since everything was fine at my appt yesterday. Now i feel like i need to gut my house and deep clean everything but there isnt time right now!!

GTKY: If you could have any job in the world, what would it be 
    probably on Broadway. I did theater for many years and LOVED every minute of it. 

@SmashJam I would try starting with waking him up from his nap to see how that adjusts his time for bed. Since he is only 2.5, he probably still needs a nap of some sort otherwise he may go to bed extremely early. If the waking up early doesnt work then maybe try cutting out the nap. Getting into a new schedule is hard but hopefully it wont take long for you!

@WorkinWeezel We havent told our kids either. We didnt plan on tellong anyone, parents included, until we found out the sex but since we had some concerns we told a few people. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • How far along are you? 
    12w1d
    Lil is almost 18 months
    She is sick or teething so that has been a bummer lately so at times I wonder if this is hard how I will manage two busy ones
    I am loving the holidays with my little one this year she is so much more engaged :) 
    a pastry chef! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• 8 weeks 5 days

DD is 3 3/4

slightly nervous to be home during the week with new baby all the time. With DD I had a break by going to work but this baby I will be home during the week and work weekend nights. I’m not cut out to be a stay at home mom.

im happy DD wants to
    mvoe to the big girl room and using that to try and get her to stop pooping her pants.

id stay in my current job just adjust the hours and patient load.
  • How far along are you? 
    10+5
    20 months 
    How do i break up with our sitter? We’ve been going to her for over a year and DS loves her but we found someone in our neighborhood that’s not much more expensive and with fewer kids who can also eventually take #2. I wanted to do an easy transition where we did both part time fir a bit but DH wants to do part time in Jan and full starting Feb. I feel bad! They had also asked for DS to be part of her daughters wedding. 
    Getting a second chance to enjoy the early months that i didn’t with DS. 
    traveling to rural areas to work on renewable systems to give the community better water and energy.
  • I am so frustrated with toddler momming right now! Rawr. Almost a complete and total potty regression happening. DS started out with one day of just pooping and peeing in his pants, out of the blue, after days of doing great and no accidents! He's been having trouble sleeping and had some gross poop, so maybe he's sick and that's making it hard for him not want to use the potty, but he's also flat out refusing. As I was typing this i had to take a break because he literally squatted and pooped on the floor 5 ft from the potty. Wut. He is having screaming FITS about using the potty, just lost all interest. And it was just out of the blue. I keep thinking I caused it because I got frustrated when I was out with him last week and he took me into the bathroom 3 different times in a 1 minute span, plus it was a bad day and I was short with him.

SO we are back in diapers, because Dr. Google says to give a break. That coupled with the fact that I can't figure out why he isn't sleeping normally and I am feeling like a bit of a failure.  BIG HUGE SIGH.
  • @SmashJam ugh I'm sorry! Potty training is the worst. I remember feeling so badly when we first really started working at it bc DS1 would just hold it for so long. Literally went 20 hours without peeing. We obviously took a break for awhile after that and he eventually decided he was ready a couple months later. Though the poop was still a struggle.. finally got better w that when we found a good motivator - matchbox cars.  You're doing great, hang in there!! 
  • @SmashJam we are having potty training regression as well. It’s either a true regression or she’s having issues with constipation. Not positive.