June 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Appointments 12/18

Any appointments happening this week?

Re: Weekly Appointments 12/18

• Options
    I've got a regular appointment this afternoon. Nothing super exciting but I do have a sitter so I'll get to sit and read a magazine by myself. :)
  • Options
    regular OB apt tomorrow morning
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not really an appointment but I'm excited so I'm going to share...we are meeting a doula team and sitting in on a Bradley class tomorrow night. They are starting class for the spring on Jan 10th, which would be pretty early IMO (17 wks), but she said that if we take the 10 week class then we can come back anytime after that to sit in on a class for a refresher. And I guess going weeks 17-27 would be better than 28-38 because I might not make it through all 10 weeks then. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @krashke faaack. It's like once every week or two you remind me I need to register for childbirth classes, and then I start to research, get overwhelmed and forget to just choose something already. lol. REPORT BACK HOW THE CLASS IS!
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 will do! Not sure if we will stay for the whole thing because it's 2 hours and I ish to do but we will stay long enough to get a feel for it. I'll just keep reminding you! 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    I have my 16 week appt which includes a one hour glucose test on Thursday eek!! 
  • Options
    Boo hiss. I'm still waiting to get bloodwork done and I might have to go relieve my sitter before I'm seen.

I'm paying $15/hr to sit in a waiting room. I might cry because hormones.
  • Options
    wishing everyone great appointments this week!

i had my 16 week OB appt today and everything was looking & sounding perfect! And on Friday we finally find out the gender!!! Best Christmas surprise ever  <3
  • Options
    Not an ob appointment but a 3rd party ultrasound scheduled for Thursday to hopefully find out the sex!  We are doing this secretly so we can surprise our family and friends (and kids) Christmas eve
  • Options
    I have a 15 week ultrasound and checkup on Friday.  I’m anxious to see how much he has grown!
  • Options
    Fair warning. This is going to get rant-y. 
    Had an u/s this morning to recheck SCH. I was so so hopeful to find out baby’s sex today in time for Christmas. I know it’s on the early side (16+3), but it should be fairly clear by this time, and baby was measuring half a week ahead last time so probably about 17 right now. I would have accepted “Sorry, baby’s just not in a good position to see today” or “I can see, but things aren’t very clear right now so I’m not comfortable telling you.” HOWEVER, the complete witch who did my scan today went on a rant about how she wouldn’t even attempt to look or speculate a sex “so early” and how we should have just paid out of pocket for a blood draw if we were so curious, and should just hope for a healthy baby instead. Yeah. Major boundary crossing there. And at that point in the scan, she turned the screen away from me so I couldn’t even look anymore. I’ve never had such a bad experience with a healthcare provider in my life, and this is the hospital I work in! I know it’s not the end of the world tonwait another month. I’m realistic and can be fine with that. What I’m so upset about is her condescending attitude and she refused to even look. 

On a more serious note, she switched to transvaginal halfway through “to get a clearer view of the relationship between the placenta and cervix.” So now I’m concerned that it’s placenta previa. It’s going to be a long wait until my OB appointment at 3:30. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lisa2589 I'm sorry you had a bad experience with your US tech  :(  Some professions really need to stay sensitive and realize that even though they do the same thing everyday, for their patient it is a special (and anxious!) experience.  It's so disappointing, and I'm sorry she wasn't more helpful or kind.  There's no reason for her to tell you that you should hope for a healthy baby.  Obviously we all are lady!  Totally out of line.  I'm really glad your SCH is absorbed - that's great news!  Hopefully your doc is able to do something about it so that the tech doesn't make anyone else feel the way that she made you feel.
  • Options
    @lisa2589 so glad to hear your SCH is gone and things are looking good! I'm astonished by the way you were made to feel during your ultrasound! How dare the tech question your wish for a healthy baby first and foremost. Sounds like the compassion is gone from her sails.... not promising for someone who has a career with such a sensitive subject. Bah humbug to her! Have you considered doing an elective US for the sex? I hear they are under $100 and you can get at 14 weeks.
  • Options
    Thanks @becca_123 & @stephcat421! The really disappointing thing is the nearest place that does elective ultrasounds here is about an hour and a half away. So unless DH really gets an itch to find out we will probably be waiting until Jan 15. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lisa2589 oh bummer, well I guess 1/15 isn't too long to wait after all! I guess I'm just disappointed for you :/
  • Options
    @lisa2589 WTF.  That's so unprofessional and rude. I get annoyed when friends/coworkers give me the "all you should care about is a healthy baby" lecture but a medical professional telling you how you should feel?!? I'm glad you said something to the doctor. Nope.
  • Options
    @lisa2589 - so glad all is well!
  • Options
    I just came from doing the 1 hour glucose test. They stopped doing finger prick results and send it off to the lab now so I'll probably find out next week. But when I got home 90 minutes after the drink I tested and I was a 120. Is under 140 the cutoff? I'm worried now I wish I had brought my meter to the appt. 
  • Options
    @katie121209 if I remember right my OB went by 130 but all the other OB’s in his practice went by 140 so will most likely depend on your provider!

Pregnancy Ticker